2

Thawed Hearts

The stranger felt proud at Jongwoon’s expression. Jongwoon looked and felt empty. It means he succeeded. At the same he can’t pinpoint whether he feel pity, guilt or sadness for the latter. He is an individual that doesn’t have even the slightest of human emotion. He isn’t human after all. Questions bugged him here and there.

“Who are you?”

          Jongwoon’s voice brought him out from his own reveries. He met the latter’s eyes which is full of curiosity. And it is strange, how can he be curious, he thought.

“The first question seemed wrong. What are you then?”

          And it is as if Jongwoon can read him like an open book. He let out an amused chuckle.

“I am what I am.” He answered.

“I don’t think so.”

          And he stared at Jongwoon like he was a deer that got caught in the headlights but he was able to recover himself quickly, a smirk etched on his face.

“Arrogant.” And then Jongwoon started to cross the street.

          He stared at the retreating figure of Jongwoon. He shoved his hands on his pockets and then chuckled. This time, he’s now grinning. He got more interested with Jongwoon. Jongwoon caught him staring. The stranger was able to make a blank face right away but his eyes couldn’t hide the fact that he was caught off guard.

“Are you coming or not?”

“Do you even have the slightest idea about what you are doing?”

“Same point.”

          And something bubbled in the stranger’s stomach. Was it annoyance? Was it amazement? He felt like he wanted to toss Jongwoon into oblivion but there is something that really made him feel more interested to the latter.

“Are you coming or not?” Jongwoon repeated his question.

          And now, the both of them walked side by side.