3

Thawed Hearts

“What is your name?”

          The stranger gave Jongwoon a blank look.

“See? You aren’t a human then. People nowadays are itching to give out their names, find a date and then get dumped or, if they are lucky, they will get a life on their own.”

“That kind of… struck a nerve somewhere. Very cold Jongwoon. Very cold.”

“You sound so proud though.” Jongwoon crossed his arms over his chest and then spotted an empty bench. He hurriedly walked over to the bench and he sat.

          The stranger never thought that this kind of wit is included in the package. First kiss, Jongwoon will be immune to cold. Jongwoon wouldn’t feel even the slightest cold. Now, warmth doesn’t exist within Jongwoon. Second kiss, will make Jongwoon forget everything. And the stranger hasn’t made sure of it yet.

“You can pass as a cold metal statue there.” Jongwoon commented.

          Strike 2! The stranger gave Jongwoon another blank stare. He moved towards the bench and stood in front of Jongwoon. He trapped Jongwoon but putting both his arms on each side. His hand gripped tightly on the metal bench.

“It didn’t occur to me that you could be this very annoying.”

          Jongwoon locked gazes with the stranger. He didn’t feel any single butterfly fluttering in his stomach. No somersaults or back flips, he just felt very plain. All he can identify was curiosity.

          Who is the man with him?

          How come did he know his name?

          Where did he come from?

          What is he? He seemed not ordinary… Well, it was just his gut feeling.

          Why did he kiss him? Do men from the other side… Scratch that… Do men from wherever place they came from kiss another man when they first met? Like it was totally ridiculous!

          Then Jongwoon recalled something. Out of the stranger’s extreme coldness, Jongwoon felt something… something as fluffy as a cotton candy… Is it possible that he felt gentleness? How on earth could you feel gentleness from a stranger who pressed his lips on yours? The kiss wasn’t really called for. It wasn’t needed. Was it even really necessary? That person really has the guts. The nerve of him… Wait… The stranger isn’t a person… And then Jongwoon mentally slapped himself a thousand times.

“What the hell are you looking at? You are aware that we are in another compromising position.” If looks could kill, Jongwoon might have murdered the stranger on the spot.

“Your face is quite amusing.” The stranger replied.

“I know. I am very handsome.”

“Ah. The confidence level.” The stranger snorted.

“Did you just snort?!”

“Absolutely not.” The strange said in his defense.

“Liar.”

“You were doing this earlier.” The stranger knitted his brows into a frown and pouted.

          Jongwoon scoffed. He let out an exasperated sigh and then threw dagger looks to the stranger in front of him.

“What?” The stranger asked. “Did you just laugh at me? Ah. The nerve of this guy.”

“I just listed you as the most annoying.” Jongwoon said bluntly and rolled his eyes.

“I did too. Call it even, Jongwoon.”