Betrayal.

Velvets Over Flowers

As Yeri walks along the sidewalk with her mother, Sooyoung's words cross her mind.

 

"Meet me at the park at 4pm. Don't be late."

 

Yeri shakes her head, "There is no way she'd go. She probably just fooling around as always," she thought to herself.

As they reach the entrance of the mall, Yeri's mother pulls her to a stop, "Yerim-ah, you better brace yourself. There’s a bargain sale today, lots of people would be running around and attack others to get what they want," she whispers.

They dash inside and starts grappling with other thrift-lovers for the discounted items. Every corner, there is a random stranger ready to fight to death for the discounted items. Right after they finish picking their items, Yeri looks at her watch: 7:52 AM

"Mother, do you think someone would actually wait in the snow for 3 hours?," Yeri asks. "No! Only someone crazy would do that," her mother says. Still feeling guilty, she tells her mother that she must go now and quickly bolts out the mall. Her mother tries to run after her but couldn't leave the line as there are a lot of people. Yeri runs to the park and looks around. At first she sees no one around at all and she sighs with frustration, "I knew that was just fooling with me," she says in disappointment. She looks around again and finally spots Sooyoung all huddled on the side, shivering. Yeri walks over to her and puts her beanie on Sooyoung's head.

"What took you so long??" Sooyoung says crossly. "I didn’t say I would come" Yeri retorts.  "But you still did," Sooyoung says with a smile. Yeri reddens, “Shut up you!”. Sooyoung smirks. "Okay. Anyways, I'll buy you coffee, I kind of feel guilty for making you wait for so long in the cold," Yeri says. Sooyoung staggers and leans heavily on Yeri's shoulder. Yeri gets startled and pushes Sooyoung back making her fall hard on the floor. "What the heck?!" Sooyoung shouts. Yeri quickly walks away. “Hey, don’t leave me !

Yeri and Sooyoung goes indoors. Yeri buys coffee from a vending machine and hands it to Sooyoung, "This coffee is made by the gods," Yeri says. Sooyoung furrows her eyebrows, "Aren’t you exaggerating it a little too much?” she says jokingly. "Uh, anyways, come with me, I want show you something," Yeri replies and drags Sooyoung to the top of the building.

As they reach the top, Sooyoung gets enthralled by the glimmering stars on the night sky. They both stare at the cityscape from the observation deck. "The stars looks like sprinkles of diamonds scattered all over the sky," Yeri says as she marvels at the stars. “That’s very poetic!” Sooyoung mocks. Yeri rolls her eyes, “Shut up.” Sooyoung grins, “Never.

A guard comes up to the doors to lock up for the night. He takes a quick glance at the door but misses the two and walks away. The lights begin to shut off. Yeri and Sooyoung notices and they both rush up to the door. The door was locked tightly and Yeri begins to panic. “Don’t worry, I got you!” Sooyoung says with confidence. She reaches up to her pocket for her phone but realizes there’s nothing inside. She then remembers that she left her phone at the park.

,” Sooyoung exclaims.

Watch your mouth,” Yeri scolds. “That is not what is important right now ! I left my phone at the park and now I can’t call for help!” Sooyoung shouts. “Are you going to blame me now?!” Yeri shouts.

Sooyoung clenches her fists, “You were the one who dragged me here!” she says angrily. “Ain’t my fault you’re dumb enough to forget your own phone,” Yeri sneers. Sooyoung then went silent for a few seconds.

I probably wouldn’t have forgotten if you didn’t make me wait in the cold for hours! It’s the first time I’ve ever waited that long for someone!” Sooyoung protests. “I’m sorry…” Yeri says softly.

Sooyoung begins to cough and sneeze. “Hey, let’s go somewhere warmer…” Yeri says as she helps Sooyoung walk to an enclosed place. They both sat down and Sooyoung begins to feel lightheaded. “Can I say something to you?” Sooyoung asks gently. Yeri looks back at Sooyoung and they both glance into each other’s eyes for a moment but then Sooyoung faints and falls onto Yeri’s shoulder. “Dude!” Yeri says as she shoves Sooyoung away. “Hey, are you okay?” Yeri asks worryingly. She touches Sooyoung’s forehead and realizes that Sooyoung’s body temperature has gone up due to fever. Yeri, all worried, she quickly removes her scarf and wraps it around Sooyoung to keep her warm. She leans on the wall and falls asleep.

The next morning, the guard opens the door waking them up. They quickly walk out the leaving the guard all confused. As they walk out, Sooyoung sees her driver waiting for her. She takes Yeri by the hand and drags her to the car. “Wait, I can’t go with you,” Yeri says thinking that her parents will react badly. Sooyoung leans in close, “Well we spent a night together, I can cover up for you,” she whispers. Yeri’s eyes widen and pushes her away, “Why are you saying it in that context?” she grimaces. Sooyoung smirks and Yeri kicks her knee. Sooyoung falls on the floor and screams in pain. “You deserved that,” Yeri says and runs away to the bus stop.

As she reaches her house, her parents were there waiting for her. She apologizes but then her mother screams joyfully. Yeri gives her a confused look, “Why are you happy?” she asks. “Sooyoung came by and said you helped her! Did you know? She’s the heiress of the SM group!” her mother says gleefully. “I know that!” Yeri answers. “The SM Group gave us gifts as tokens of gratitude for helping their heiress!” Yeri’s dad says. Yeri realizes that Sooyoung must’ve came by their house faster because she took a slow bus ride home.

The next day, Yeri comes to school and sees a whole crowd of people all gathered up in front of a TV. She slips inside the crowd and sees a photo of her and Sooyoung where Sooyoung has her face close to Yeri’s. “Woah, Sooyoungie likes girls?!” one of the student says in shock. “Don’t be silly, they are just friends,” another student answers. “They look too intimate there to just be friends, bro,” the other guy answers back. One of the students notices Yeri, “Hey, Yeri, is it true?” the kid asks. “Definitely not!” she replies. Sooyoung then walks by with a smirk, “It is true,” she says. All the students start whispering and gossiping to each other as Sooyoung holds Yeri’s hand and drags her away. Sungjae watches them sternly as they walk away.

After school, Yeri finds out that Sungjae left school early and she begins to worry. She goes to his house and knocks on his door. He opens the door, “Wh-why are you here?” he says with a surprised face. “I got worried because you left school so early,” Yeri answers. Sungjae welcomes her in and tells her to sit down on the sofa. “Is the thing about you and Sooyoung really true?” Sungjae blurts out. “No, it really isn’t true. At all. It was merely just a coincidence,” Yeri replies. “Does she like you? It seems like she does…” Sungjae says. Yeri laughs, “That idea is stupid, she’s just playing around like what she always does!” she explains.

Sungjae brings out a sigh of relief, “Wait, I’ll just got and get something,” he says as he rushes upstairs. Yeri stands up and walks around aimlessly in the house. She spots an old yearbook and picks it up. As she opens it, Sungjae suddenly pops out and takes the book off her hands, “Don’t go snooping around with other people’s stuff without permission!” he scolds. Yeri is surprised to see this different side of him and quickly apologizes. Sungjae calms down, “I’m sorry for getting mad. I just don’t want others to see what I’ve written inside this yearbook,” he explains.

At Sooyoung’s house, she gets into a discussion with Joohyun. Joohyun walks closely to Sooyoung, “Your parents will kill you when they find out about your relationship with Yeri,” she says with concern. “I don’t care, I can face them,” Sooyoung replies. Sooyoung gives Joohyun a serious face. “You do know your parents are the ones who has a final say in your relationship, right?” Joohyun asks. Sooyoung scoffs and walks out the room. 

Concerned about Soooyung, Joohyun drops by the chicken and soup shop where Yeri works in, she then sees Yeri’s friend, Seungwan. Seungwan gets surprised by the goddess-like woman standing in front of her. “Is Yeri here?” Joohyun asks. “She didn’t go to work today,” says Seungwan.

Are you Yeri’s friend or something?” Joohyun asks. Seungwan nods. They both sat down and talked for a while. “So, you’ve been friends with her since you were children. That means you guys are great friends,” Joohyun says. Seungwan smiles and nods again. Joohyun tells her about the whole Sooyoung thing and asks her to give an advice to Yeri. “What kind of advice? That she is barking up the wrong tree? That she should just go away because she’ll get hurt?” Seungwan says angrily. “You’re scary when you’re mad,” Joohyun says with a smirk. “I am done here, please go,” Seungwan says as she pushes Joohyun out of the shop, “Oh and by the way, Yeri doesn’t even like Sooyoung. Sooyoung is the one who keeps making a move. Goodbye!” she exclaims as she closes the door, leaving Joohyun in front of the door. “That girl, I can’t stand people like her,” she whispers to herself.

The next night, Yeri goes to a restaurant with Sungjae. Sungjae excuses himself to go to the bathroom. Suddenly, a tall handsome boy walks up to Yeri and smiles at her. Yeri blushes. He tells her to sit down, “I’m Jinsoo by the way, I see you know Sungjae. He’s been my best friend since grade school,” he says. “Oh, you’re his friend? Yeri asks. “Yes, he told me about you. You’re actually prettier than I imagined,” Jinsoo says making Yeri blush. Yeri takes out her water bottle but unfortunately, it’s empty. Jinsoo offers his glass to her, she then drinks it and her vision starts to blur and she faints.

The next morning at school, Yeri wakes up at her house, she couldn’t quite remember what happened. She sees a note on her table and it says:

“Thank you for last night.”

A picture was also attached at the back of the note. On the picture, she is sitting down with Jinsoo’s arms around her neck and his lips on her cheeks. Yeri doesn’t remember that this happened. She wonders what Sungjae did as well to Jinsoo because he was there as well.

Yeri arrives in school, still pondering about what happened last night. She sees another crowd in front of the TV. She walks by to see what is all the commotion about. On the screen, she sees the picture of her and Jinsoo. The students around her judges her and accuses her of cheating. V4 arrives at the scene and Yeri tries to cover the screen. Sooyoung walks to her and moves her away from the scene. She sees the photo of Yeri and Jinsoo. “Don’t let her fool you!” Taeyong exclaims. Sooyoung grabs Yeri by her collar, “Explain this to me,” she says sternly. Yeri tries to explain that it was all a misunderstanding and that someone tried to set her up.

Hurt by what she has seen, Sooyoung tightens her grip, “Are you sure?” she asks. Tears fall down Yeri’s cheek, “I don’t know how to explain this because I don’t remember a single thing. But just know that this isn’t real,” Yeri replies. Sooyoung with lowers her voice “Then please tell me that girl on the photo isn’t you…” she says. Yeri couldn’t say no. Sooyoung lets go of her collar and glares at her, “From now on, don’t ever talk to me. I don’t know who you are,” she says.

The next day, Sooyoung’s friends discuss about her and her change of behavior. They are worried about how upset Sooyoung is. They’ve never seen her this angry before. They decide that with the help of Yeri, they can dig up the actual truth about this whole situation.

First, they try investigating the note and the photo. “Who is this Jinsoo guy?” Joohyun asks. “Sungjae’s friend, he’s the last person I saw before blacking out that night the pictures were taken,” Yeri explains. “Who is this Sungjae guy?” Amber asks. “A friend of mine…he’s the one who invited me to the restaurant where I met Jinsoo,” Yeri explains. Joohyun takes a closer look at the photo of Jinsoo and Yeri. She stares at Jinsoo and recognizes him. “I think I know where to find this Jinsoo guy,” Joohyun says while smirking.

--

In an alley, Joohyun kicks Jinsoo against a wall, “Tell me what really happened boy so we’ll stop,” Joohyun threatens. Amber pins his hands against the wall and Joohyun starts punching him by the stomach. “I won’t talk,” Jinsoo says as his spits blood. Amber kicks his leg and Joohyun pins him down on the floor, “Say it or I’ll break your arm boy,” she says as she stares at him menacingly. He glares back at her. Joohyun twists his arm a little to give him a teaser. He screams in agony and finally breaks, “ing hell, I’ll talk!” he shouts. Joohyun lets his arm go, “Go ahead,” she says as she signals him to talk. “Sungjae…he made me to do this …” he blurts out. Joohyun and Amber look at each other, “We have to tell Sooyoung,” they say in unison.

 

--

 

Sooyoung walks through the hallway, Sungjae follows her. As she walks through the hall, she feels someone’s presence and she looks back. There Sungjae stands holding a camera, “I have something to show you, Park Sooyoung,” Sungjae tells her. “What the hell is it?” Sooyoung shouts. Sungjae walks closer to her and hands her the camera. Sooyoung looks at the camera screen and sees a photo of Yeri and Jinsoo. “So, it was you…” Sooyoung says as if she was astonished by what Sungjae did. She then turns her back and walks away but Sungjae holds her arm to stop her, “It’s so stupid how you’re so hurt because of that whiny girl,” Sungjae says as tears rush down his face. Sooyoung looks back and glares at him. She grabs him by his collar, “Aren’t you her friend? Why would you do that to her?” she says with a stern voice. “Because I lost you to her…” Sungjae whispers. Sooyoung lets go of him and chuckles, “When was I ever yours?” she sneers. Sooyoung walks away, realizing she has made a mistake by not believing Yeri. Sungjae grabs her yet again but Sooyoung shoves him back.

At the school courtyard, Yeri gets mobbed by the students of SM High. “You dare hurt our dear Sooyoungie, so you deserve this,” Doyoung scoffs. The students start throwing eggs and water balloons at her. One of the students take out a fire extinguisher and shoots at her. Yeri coughs as she inhales some of the contents of the fire extinguisher, she collapses on the ground and the students continues throwing eggs at her.

To everyone’s shock, Sooyoung sweeps in and covers Yeri as a bunch of eggs fly towards Yeri. “STOP! It’s Sooyoungie!” a student exclaims. Yeri looks up and sees Sooyoung staring at her. “I’m sorry you have to deal with this, Yeri…” Sooyoung says softly. “It’s all a big misunderstanding. I’m telling you the truth,” Yeri tries to explain but Sooyoung puts her finger on Yeri’s lips,

 

Be quiet. I believe you.” she says.

 

 

 

 

A/N: I have to cut it off here huhu cliffhangers~ I'm so sorry for the long wait! Wah, I lost motivation to write this but here you go! I sort of improved my writing. Anyways, please continue to support my fic! :)