Filthy Rich

Velvets Over Flowers
"Wow, this school is ridiculously huge and presitigious. I don't feel like I even belong here." Yeri said as she stood at the gates of SM High. "Don't say that! You got yourself the access to this school. Of course you belong here!" Seungwan retorted. 
 
"You have to be really rich to even attend this school and I'm just a daughter of a dry cleaner owner. I probably have the lowest status in the whole entire student body. I don't feel like going in. I'd just be looked down at" Yeri said. "So what? I thought you're a strong willed girl. I guess you were just fooling me." Seungwan crossed her arms and starts to walk away. "I am! I won't allow them to look down on me!" Yeri shouted. Seungwan snorted and looked back at her. "Goodluck!~ Now go inside!" Seungwan said in a charistmatic tone and raised her thumbs up at Yeri which made her giggle. "See you later, Wannie-unnie!" Yeri said as she waved her hand at her best friend and walked through the gates. 
 
 
_____
 
 
As Yeri walked on the school's grassy front yard, a whole crowd of students all ran in front of her blocked her way through and they all seemed to be excited about something.
 
"V4 is here! V4 is here!" Everyone screamed. Yeri was confused as to why they were all screaming. "What the hell is a V4.." Yeri mumbled to herself. She ran to the entrance door and a bunch of students all grouped together at the entrance and seemed to be waiting for something. 
 
All of a sudden, a dark haired boy pulled her to the side. "Hello! You're new here right? You better not stay in front of the door because you might regret it." He said. "Huh? Why?" Yeri asked then suddenly everyone screamed even louder as the door opens. Four rich looking girls entered and filled the whole room with excitement. "Because of them..." The dark haired boy answered. "Who the hell are they?" Yeri asked. "They're the most powerful clique in the whole entire school. Everyone bows down to them. They're the richest students in the whole school." He said as he pointed his finger at them.
 
He then pointed his finger at the girl with really short hair. "The girl at the back with the boy cut, that's Amber Liu. She loves to date people for fun. She's the Don Juan of the group. Her parents own the biggest construction company and there are rumours that her family is part of the mafia. But we don't know the truth."
 
"The really pretty one next to her is the playgirl, Bae Joohyun, lots of people have fallen for her because she pretty much looks like a goddess. She loves to play around with her lovers. Her family owns South Korea's most famous and biggest museum. So she is hella rich"
 
"Now that mono lid beauty next to them is the cool and mysterious dancer and lover of music, Kang Seulgi. She is the granddaughter of the former president of this country. She is known to be the golden girl of the group. I mean look at that smile."
 
"And lastly, the beautiful one in front, that's their leader, Park Sooyoung. She might seem soft and fluffy but she is pretty much the opposite. She is basically the queen of this school. She is the heirress to the SM Group. She's the richest among all of us. She is arrogant and rude to a lot of people, but you didn't hear that from me."
 
The four girls then stayed in the middle and everyone stopped their screams. Yeri just stood there with a confused look. A boy with glasses walked to Sooyoung as he held a gift box. Sooyoung stared at him and moved her eyes from down to top and observed him. "What do you want?" Sooyoung asked in a aggressive manner. "I-I have a gift for you Sooyoungie...Please accept my-my heart." The boy then looked on the floor and handed in the gift to Sooyoung. Sooyoung grabbed it and the boy looked at her loveingly. "You accept my love, Sooyoungie?" The boy asked with a huge smile. 
 
Sooyoung gave him a fake smile then throws the gift on the floor. "Are you serious? Who gave you permission to call me Sooyoungie? You disgusting fly!" Sooyoung grabbed him by the collar and pushed him down to the ground. "That's where you belong, you piece of trash!" Everyone quickly moved to the side to allow them to walk through.
 
"Who do they think they are? That girl...she's the piece of tra-" Before Yeri could continue, the dark haired boy covered . "Don't say that here so loudly!" He said. Yeri pushed him and glared at him. "You don't own me so just shut up!" Yeri shouted. "I'm only trying to help you. I'm sorry. Just be careful." He said calmly and walked away. He stopped and looked back at her, "I am Yook Sungjae by the way." He then continued walking and Yeri just stood there dumbfounded. 
 
"Why would he even try to stop me? That ugly V4 girl did an move. She should know her mistakes," Yeri said loudly. "How dare you even talk about our Sooyoungie like that, ?" the boy with white hair shouted as he stood in front of Yeri with two other boys by his side. "Who are you people?" Yeri asked in a brusk manner. The three boys laughed and then glared at her. "We are the U Clique, we protect our lovely V4 girls because we love them." 
 
The white haired boy walked closer to Yeri and looked down at her, "You don't even look like you belong here, what makes you think you can talk badly about our V4 ladies?" Yeri rolled her eyes and stared at them. "I don't even know you guys." 
 
"We'll introduce ourselves then." The white haired boy said.
 
"I'm Taeyong. The leader of this group. The future boyfriend of the V4 girls." The white haired boy said and the orange haired boy laughed. 
 
"I'm Doyoung and this is Mark. We are Taeyong's friends and also the future boyfriends of the V4 girls." The orange haired boy said as he put his arm around the short dark haired boy. "Watch your mouth or you will regret it next time..." Taeyong whispered into Yeri's ear and walked away with a smile. The two other boys threatingly looked at her and followed Taeyong.
 
"Is everyone here trash? And this school is known to be a prestigious school? Everyone acts so cheap." Yeri whispered to herself.
 
[at the rooftop]
 
Yeri stood there and looked at the sky. She then closed her eyes and took a deep breath and reminisced the moments when she first saw F4. Due to anger, she screamed and punched her fist into the air. "You all think you rule the whole entire school just because you are all rich despicable rats. And you, Park Soojoung, you disgusting snake, thinking that you can just step on people lower than you like that. You're born with such a great and wonderful life, what makes you think that you can all just treat people like trash. How sickening!" Yeri shouted aggressively. 
 
"You're so noisy. Can't you let me sleep in peace?" The familiar voice made Yeri jump and her eyes widened.
 
"Who...who..who are you!" Yeri said as she stuttered.
 
"Well I'm one of the people who you called a rich despicable rat." The girl walked up the stairs and showed her face. It's the girl, Kang Seulgi. "Did you hear everything I said?" Yeri asked as she avoided Seulgi's face. "Do you think I'm deaf? You are a funny one." Seulgi's eyes formed a crescent shape as she smiled. "Don't worry. I'll just forget what I heard from you." 
 
As Seulgi walked down the stairs, she laughed again. "It's Park Sooyoung not Park Soojoung. Okay? If you're going to attend here more often, you should at least learn the name." Yeri just stood there and looked at her blankly as she continued to walk down the stairs. "Aish! I'm such an idiot."
 
_____
 
 
During lunch, Yeri sat down on a table alone and ate the food her mother cooked for her. "This school is already stressing me out already on my first day," she mumbled.
 
"Oh look it's the ugly turtle. What the heck is she eating?" Doyoung said with a disgusted face. "She's so poor, she couldn't even afford lunch. She clearly doesn't belong here." 
 
"Leave her alone!" Sungjae jumped in and glared at the boys. The three boys looked at each other and sighed. "Oh it's you. We'll let this slip for now." Taeyong and his friends then walked away quickly. 
 
"Congrats! You've already made enemies on your first day. What a silly person." Sungjae sat down next to her, laid his food down and smiled at her. "I feel bad if someone is left alone. Please forgive me for what I've done earlier." 
 
"It's alright. I understand. I don't care anymore anyways." Yeri looked down on the table with a long face. "Well you should care. Let's just eat." Sungjae smiled again at her and continued to eat his lunch. 
 
Yeri just stared at him and thought to herself, "This person is nice. I'm glad he isn't like those four rats."  
 
_____
 
 
"What was he like? Handsome? Caring?" Seungwan asked with a grin. "He's friendly and all but I don't like him in the way you're thinking, Wannie Unnie!" 
 
Seungwan laughed. "Why? Can't I be only friends with boys? Besides, I don't like boys anyways," Yeri said as she took a sip of her coffee. "Are you telling me you like girls then?" Seungwan said abruptly which made Yeri spit her coffee. "What's that supposed to mean? I'm not into girls!"
 
"What the heck? Why did you spit your drink?" Seungwan shouted.
 
"It's your fault. Asking such weird questions." Yeri said as she took another sip of her coffee.
 
"Why? Is there something wrong with liking girls? I once liked a girl before." Seungwan took out some tissues and wiped the mess up. "Why are you only telling me this now? Do you think I'd fall for a girl? I'm straight!" Yeri said frantically. 
 
"You're just in denial. I've seen the way you look at girls," Seungwan said with a wink. Yeri blushed and looked at her shockingly, "Wh-what are you saying?" she said. Seungwan grinned and walked away. "Wait, don't leave without answering my quest- ugh nevermind!" Yeri said as she took another sip of her coffee and ran her hand through her hair.