Declaration of War?

Velvets Over Flowers
(Authors Note: Words written in "//" are lyrics of a song)
 
Sungjae waved at Yeri and ran up to her while holding two cups of coffee, "Yo, Yeri-ah! I got us some coffee," he said enthusiastically. 
 
"Oh, orabeoni! You didn't have to buy me one too," Yeri said. Sungjae smiled and let out a small laugh, "You're calling me your brother now? No need for honorifics like that! And I bought this for you because you actually talk to me unlike the others." 
 
"Why? Don't you have other friends? With your personality, you must have tons of friends," Yeri said as she smiled. Sungjae's smile faded, "I actually have no other friends other than you. You're my first friend here to be honest. I just can't get along with the others for some reason." 
 
Yeri's smile disappeared as well as she heard his words. "Come on, don't be sad! Here, just drink this," Sungjae said as he extended his hand out to give her the coffee. 
 
Before Yeri could grab it, Sungjae quickly pulled his arm back. The cup's cover got off and the coffee spilled. Unfortunately, Sooyoung walked by as soon as Sungjae spilled the coffee and stained Sooyoung's clothes. 
 
Joohyun and Amber's eyes widened. Seulgi closed her eyes and let out a sigh due to disappointment. 
 
"What is this?" Sooyoung shouted. "I'm sorry...I'm sorry. I didn't mean-" Sungjae said nervously. "Sorry? Do you really think that word would reverse everything? Do you think I would just forgive you just like that? Why would there be criminals in jail then if all it took was to say sorry?" Sooyoung said aggressively. 
 
Sooyoung grabbed Sungjae by the collar and pulled him closer to her face. "You! Do you really want your life ruined?" Sooyoung shouted which made Sungjae tremble. Sooyoung then punched Sungjae on the face and made him fall to the ground.
 
"Hey you rat!" Yeri shouted. Sooyoung quickly turned her back at her and glared at her, "Rat? Did you just call me a-" Yeri splashed her coffee at Sooyoung's face before she even let her continue. 
 
"Listen here you idiot! Do you think you can just step on people like that just because you're rich? Well that's not right. You should learn to pay respect to people who are less richer than you. He already apologised. You didn't have to hurt him. Be glad the coffee is already cold," Yeri shouted. Yeri held Sungjae's hand and helped him up and they both just walked away without another word.
 
"That girl..." Sooyoung whispered. "This is war..." 
 
_______
 
The next day, Yeri walked up to her locker and everyone stared at her. She then opened the locker and a red card was taped inside it. 
 
Whoever locker this red card is taped on means that everyone has free reign to harass and bully the person until they leave the school. 
 
Yeri put her head down and turned around. Everyone gathered around her and glared at her. 
 
The students laughed at her and brought out eggs. Yeri put her head up and looked at them. Then they all threw eggs at her and mockingly laughed at her. Yeri just held her tears back and just stood there and let them throw eggs at her. "Is this all you got? How foolish!" Yeri shouted. The students then took out balloons filled with flour and threw them at her until they ran out. 
 
Yeri walked up to her classroom as she held back her tears. She looked around and her desk was gone. Everyone snickered except for Sungjae who just stared at her with a frown because he couldn't do anything. The teacher then walked in and asked what was wrong. Yeri told the teacher that her desk is gone and the teacher asked her to go to the administrators office to ask for a desk. 
 
Yeri bowed down and walked out. She walked to the stairs and tried to go to the administrators office but she couldn't do it because she can't hold her tears any longer. She walked up to the rooftop and tears fell down her eyes. She cried loudly because no one could actually hear her then suddenly she heard a small bump.
 
"You're here again. You ruined my sleep," Seulgi said as she stretched her arms and noticed Yeri's tears fall down. Seulgi stood up and walked up to Yeri. Yeri stared at her when Seulgi stopped and stood right in front of her. 
 
"I realised how soft she looks, she doesn't seem so bad. Her eyes sparkles. Her nose has a round shape, almost similar to a bear's nose," Yeri thought to herself as she stared at Seulgi's face. 
 
Seulgi reached out to her pocket and took out a handkerchief. She moved closer to Yeri which made Yeri frozen. She wiped her tears off her face then wiped the egg and flour off as well. She grabbed her hand and put the handkerchief on it, "You can keep this and wipe yourself," she said and walked away. 
 
Yeri just stood there and stared at Seulgi's back. She gulped and fanned her self with her shirt. "It's so hot here...isn't it...." 
 
_______
 
Back in the classroom, Sungjae just stood there at the window as he laid his hands on Yeri's desk. "I found this in the closet in the court..." Sungjae said shyly. "I'm sorry if I didn't help you when you needed help. I was scared."
 
"It's alright. You're still my friend, orabeoni," Yeri said with a smile and patted Sungjae's head which made him laugh. 
 
"You know you're really strong. I look up to you," Sungjae admitted. Yeri just gave him a smile and thanked him, "Thank you for being my friend." 
 
"You don't need to thank me okay," Sungjae said and laughed. 
 
_______
 
As Yeri walked through the hallway, four unknown boys started to follow her. Yeri felt unsafe and walked quickly. The boys then sped up their pace which scared Yeri even more. Yeri then ran straight through the hallways and the boys ran after her. 
 
She ran to the auditorium and got cornered by the boys. One of the boys grabbed her arm and threw her on the floor. The boy pinned her down and the other boys held her shirt. The boys started to remove her uniform but then they heard footsteps coming from a girl. "What are you guys doing?" Seulgi shouted. 
 
"Seulgi-sshi!" the boys said with shock. "Stop what you're doing right now," Seulgi said. 
 
"But Sooyoung ordered this, we had to follow," the boy said. "Whatever she asked, just forget about it, just stop this or else!" Seulgi shouted which startled the boys.
 
// When it gets hard, lucky in my life
난 힘이 들때면 lucky in my life
You come towards me like a dream
그대가 꿈 처럼 다가오네요
When I get sad, lucky in my dream
슬퍼 질때면 난 lucky in my dream //
 
The boys let Yeri go and then ran away quickly. Yeri just sat there with her eyes wide open. "Stand up please, don't just stay like that," Seulgi said. "Don't cry. I don't like people crying. Just smile.
 
// You hold me tight with warm embrace
그대 따스하게 나를 꼭 감싸주네요
I smile like this, always
언제나 이렇게 웃어요 나
Even when the world makes it hard
세상이 힘들게 해도 난 절대 //
 
Seulgi then turned her back and walked away. Yeri smiled and watched her walk away. "Thank you..." she whispered to herself as she held onto her chest. 
 
// I don’t ever want to show my tears
눈물은 보이고 싶진 않죠
Even though you don’t know my heart yet
내 맘을 모르는 그대라도
Because I can still keep your smile, even from afar, it’s a relief
멀리서라도 그대의 그 미소를 간직할 수 있어 다행이죠 //
 
"What is this feeling...." Yeri mumbled.
 
_________
 
[The day after]
 
During class, the V4 girls passed by and Yeri looked at the door as they walked by the halls. Yeri stood up and ran out the classroom. She stopped for a moment and watched the four girls walk in front of her. "You!" Yeri shouted and made the four girls stop and look back. 
 
Yeri then bolted straight to Sooyoung. She jumped and roundhouse kicked Sooyoung which made her fall to the ground. "Good thing I didn't put much power to that kick," Yeri said. "You shouldn't just send random guys to do your malicious work, coward! Don't be so foolish. If you dare do that again, I swear you will die!" Yeri shouted and taped the red card on her face. 
 
Sooyoung just stared at her blankly and just froze. Sooyoung's nose bled but she didn't mind it because she was so shook. 
 
Yeri laughed then walked away with sass. The three other girls just watched her leave with smiles on their faces because they were so impressed. "This is entertaining," Joohyun said. 
 
-
 
[at Sooyoung's place]
 
"She's been smiling all day. What the heck is she? Even after getting kicked on the face by some girl," Joohyun said as she played table football with Amber. "Hey Soo! What's up with you?" Amber said in a loud voice.
 
"That girl totally likes me. She probably just needed my attention so badly and she actually got it. She's the only one who could do that. She would do anything just so she can interact with me," Sooyoung said while she smiled big.
 
"What kind of logic is that? How do you even know she can like girls? She might be straight," Seulgi said. 
 
"I don't think she is all straight. I have a feeling she's kinda swinging both ways or maybe even just the other way," Sooyoung said with a sneaky grin. "You look weird!" Joohyun shouted. 
 
-
 
Yeri walked through the snowy cement. She rubbed her two hands together in order to keep warm. Suddenly two men tailed her. She looked back and one of the two men grabbed her and the other man put a handkerchief on and nose. 
 
Yeri's vision faded and she fell asleep because of the chemical on the handkerchief. The two men carried her and put her inside a limousine and drove off.
 
Yeri then woke up still half asleep on a bed and got grabbed by three women who were wearing maid uniforms. They removed her uniform and washed her body. 
 
Next, they put her in a dress and put a necklace around her neck. Then they fixed her hair up and curled it up. After that, they put lots of make up on her. The lipstick was so red.
 
When she fully woke up, she stared at the mirror and she looked really different. She looked like some snotty rich kid and it disturbed her a lot. The maids grabbed her by the arms again and forcefully moved her in a large room. 
 
Yeri looked around and saw a picture on a frame. The picture showed four little girls. "Wait, this looks like-" before she continued her sentence, Sooyoung walked in and made Yeri's eyes widened.
 
"Park Sooyoung?!? What the heck- where am I?" Yeri said in confusion. "You're in my room of course," Sooyoung said with her eyebrows up. "What the heck, this room is bigger than my house!" Yeri shouted at the back of her mind.
 
"How was the beauty treatment? It's very expensive. You couldn't even afford it." Sooyoung crossed her arms. 
 
"Why did you do this to me?" Yeri said loudly. "Don't be stupid. I'm doing this because I'm allowing you to stay with me!" Sooyoung said. "Huh? What? Stay with you?
 
"Aren't you happy? You can enjoy all the luxury here everyday!" Sooyoung said. Yeri clenched her fists, "Are you kidding me? Are you trying to buy me?
 
"There is nothing in this world that money can't buy," Sooyoung replied. Yeri then threw the earrings at her face and wiped her makeup off. "What the hell?" Sooyoung shouted. 
 
"You can't buy me with any money in the world! Give me back my uniform. I'm going home," Yeri said angrily and stormed off which left Sooyoung shocked yet again.
 
Yeri ran out the gate and realised she forgot her shoes inside. "Aish! I'll just walk home barefoot then. So frustrating," Yeri said to herself. She ran off to the road and stumbled upon Seulgi. 
 
"Oh, you again. Your feet...where are your shoes?" Seulgi said. Yeri's face turned red, "I-I-I don't know!" She tried to run away but Seulgi held her arm. "Don't walk with no shoes, you'll hurt yourself! Here, wear this," Seulgi said as she took out her shoes from her bag and handed it out to Yeri. 
 
"No! It's fine, don't worry!" Yeri said nervously. "Take it, please. I have more shoes anyways," Seulgi insisted. Yeri took the shoes and wore it. Seulgi smiled at her and waved goodbye as Yeri walked away. 
 
"Thank you again..." Yeri whispered to herself.  
 
-
 
[At Yeri's house]
 
Yeri sat down on the floor and laid down a small bucket of water with soap. She took out an old toothbrush and dipped it in the bucket. She took her bag from the sofa next to her and opened it then brought out the shoes Seulgi gave her. 
 
// Nan haessare nuni busin
(When with sunlight blinding my eyes)
Singgeureon achimi omyeon
(When that grimacing morning comes) //
 
 
She then brushed the side of the shoes and the bottom of it with caution. The image of Seulgi crossed her mind as she brushed the shoes. Her mother walked in and stared at her for a few seconds. "Why are you smiling like that? And who owns those shoes?" her mother teasingly asked. 
 
// Sarange nuneultteumyeo norael haeyo
(I open my eyes with love and sing) 
Ojik geudae hanaman wihaeseo
(For you and only for you) //
 
"Oh a friend gave this to me because I lost my shoes...It's pretty right?" Yeri said. Her mother grinned and walked away. "What the heck is with that smile of hers...." Yeri said as she continued to brush the shoes.
 
// For you I love you only you
Seolleineun mam gadeukhae
(Filled with my restless heart) //
 
 
The next day, she ran up to the rooftop and looked for Seulgi to give her shoes back but she wasn't there. She ran downstairs and back inside. 
 
// Hyanggiroun keopiboda budeureoun
(With words smoother than the fragrant of scent of coffee)
Nae sumgyeollo geudaereul boayo
(With my breaths, I see you)
Anayo geudaeneun neukkijyo geudaedo
(Do you know? You feel it too, you do right?) //
 
She searched for Seulgi everywhere and stopped at the student lounge. She frowned and looked down at the shoes.
 
// Gaseumi malhago inneun sarangirangeollyo
(The words of my heart is love)
Deullyeoyo ijeneun boayo ijeneun
(Do you hear it now? Do you see it now?)
Kkotboda deo areumdaun sujubeun maeumeul
(This timid feeling that is more beautiful than any flower) //
 
Joohyun and Amber walked in and saw her hold Seulgi's shoes. "Hey, isn't that Seulgi's shoes?" Joohyun asked which startled Yeri. She tried to walk away but Joohyun grabbed her arm and stopped her. "Wait, let's sit down for some tea," she said. 
 
They sat down and Yeri talked about what happened at Sooyoung's house. "Woah, you really said that to her? You're the first," Amber said with an impressed tone. 
 
"Anyways, why do you have Seulgi's shoes? And looking at it, it seemed to be cleaner than before. You cleaned it right?" Joohyun teasingly asked. "Umm...about that..." Yeri said shyly. Joohyun grinned, "Do you somewhat like her? I knew you swing the other way.
 
"Sorry to say this but she has someone else on her mind. And that person is the famous actor, Kim Junmyeon," Amber admitted. Yeri looked down for a few seconds and quickly looked back at them, "What do you mean? Do you guys know him? I thought he's now living in England..."
 
"He's coming back tomorrow, that's why Seulgi's so happy. She's finally going to see Junmyeon after all these years of her waiting for him," Joohyun said as she took a sip of her tea. 
 
"She had a traumatic experience when she was a child and Junmyeon was the one who smacked her back into her sense. We've known Junmyeon since we were children. He's basically he's our childhood friend. But to Seulgi, he was more than that. He is her first love," Joohyun explained. 
 
Yeri frowned when she heard Joohyun's words. "I have to go..." Yeri said as she hurriedly walked out. "She didn't even drink her tea," Amber said with a smirk. 
 
During dinner, Yeri's sister talked about her favourite actor Kim Junmyeon. Her mother and father talked about how amazed they are by his acting and his looks. Yeri just sat down with completely shut and quietly ate her food. 
 
At her room, she walked by her desk and Seulgi's handkerchief was on top of it. She stared at it and remembered what Joohyun told her earlier. She clenched her chest and frowned yet again. She took the handkerchief and stared at it. She let out a big sigh.
 
[The day after]
 
"Hey Kim Yerim!" Taeyong shouted and threw his banana milk box at her face. It spilled on her sports jacket and Taeyong along with his clique just laughed at her. Tears rushed down her face as they laughed mockingly at her misery. 
 
"You!" Sooyoung shouted as she landed her fist on Taeyong's face which sent him down to the ground. "Only I can bully her, you frog!
 
"Sooyoungie...why..." Doyoung said. "Did I allow you to call me that? Just leave you flies!" Sooyoung shouted yet again but angrily. Taeyong and his friends hurriedly ran away scared.  
 
Yeri looked down and tried to hide her face but Sooyoung lifted up her face by pushing up her chin. "You shouldn't cry, it doesn't suit you," Sooyoung said with sincerity and wiped Yeri's tears with her sleeve. 
 
Yeri slapped her hand away and glared at her. "If it wasn't for you, this wouldn't happen...this is your fault!" Yeri shouted and pushed Sooyoung back. 
 
"Hey! I'm trying to be nice here. I just wanted to help you," Sooyoung shouted back. "I don't need your help stupid! I rather die than need your help!" Yeri exclaimed and walked away.
 
Sooyoung then stopped her by pulling her back, "Why do you hate me so much? I'm rich and beautiful. What is that you don't like about me?" she asked.
 
"Do you not realise how unlikeable you are? Just look at yourself. You're so full of yourself. You step on people who you think are lower than you. What is there to like when everything about you is garbage. I hate everything about you! Everything! " Yeri explained angrily and stormed off. Sooyoung just froze and stood there for a while before she bursted with anger and kicked the lockers aggressively.
 
[at the airport]
 
Seulgi sat down and waited for Junmyeon. She nervously looked at her watched and kept shaking her legs. 
 
Then suddenly, people at the airport took out their cameras. Junmyeon then appeared and Seulgi quickly stood up. She then hurriedly walked towards Junmyeon with a big smile. 
 
Junmyeon noticed her and smiled as well. He tried to walk up to Seulgi but some fans excitedly ran to him first and asked for an autograph. Seulgi's smiled faced and she just watched Junmyeon sign the papers of his fans. After a while, the fans thanked him and walked away. 
 
Junmyeon quickly walked towards Seulgi and hugged her tightly. "It's been so long. How are you Seulgi-sshi?" Junmyeon asked brightly. "I'm fine, okay?" Seulgi answered back with a smile. 
 
They broke off the hug and held each other's hands. Then they smiled and walked out the airport to their car. 
 
At night, Yeri walked through the cold streets and Sooyoung managed to walk in front of her. "What a coincidence..." Sooyoung said. Yeri just scoffed and tried to walk away but Sooyoung grabbed her arm. "Wait, I have to ask you something, so please listen.
 
"Please go to Junmyeon's party tomorrow night. Everyone will be there," Sooyoung asked shyly. "No way! I won't go!" Yeri exclaimed and pulled her arm away. "Seulgi will be there..." Sooyoung said which caught Yeri's attention. "Fine, I'll go..." Yeri said while her eyes avoided Sooyoung's face. 
 
[The next day at the party]
 
Yeri hid under the tables because she wore the wrong clothes. Taeyong told her that the theme was halloween and she decided to wear a vampire costume. She sneaked out and stared at the guests while she remained hidden. Seulgi managed to catch Yeri's attention again. 
 
Yeri gazed at Seulgi and Junmyeon appeared. He held her hand and kissed it which made Seulgi blush. Yeri just watched it happen which made her heart sink. 
 
Taeyong noticed her and walked to her with his friends. "Hey! What's under that coat of yours huh?" Taeyong said as he and his friends forcefully pulled the coat off. Yeri fell on the floor and her vampire suit was exposed. "How pathetic!" Mark exclaimed. "That's where you belong, on the ground so people can just step on you!" Doyoung shouted. The guests just laughed and pointed at her. 
 
Sooyoung's eyes widened and felt bad for her so she tried to help to her but Seulgi came to her quicker and covered her with her own coat. Sooyoung then suddenly stormed off. Junmyeon walked towards Yeri and gave her a hand. 
 
Junmyeon glared at the three boys and walked close to them. "Let me tell you something and you guys better listen up. This kind of behaviour just proves how filthy and pathetic you guys really are!" Junmyeon shouted which made the boys jump back. "Take her to my room and fix her up," Junmyeon said.
 
Seulgi put her arms around Yeri and walked with her to Junmyeon's room. Seulgi wiped her face. "Please stop crying. I told you I don't like it," Seulgi said with a smile. She smiled widely and her eyes formed crescents again. Yeri stared at her lovingly and smiled. "I have extra clothes, wait here!
 
Seulgi handed her a white dress and told her to change. Yeri tried to deny but she finally agreed and wore it. Seulgi smiled again when she saw Yeri go out with the dress. She told Yeri to sit down and she took out her makeup and applied it on Yeri's face. Yeri's heart couldn't stop beating so fast because Seulgi was so close. 
 
"I don't want this to end...." Yeri thought to herself.