stay together–sailing into the night;

she's your roommate

it's not the oneshot i promised to write, but i felt like this one was appropriate, after all the mess happened. i wrote it in one-go, and didn't proofread, so sorry for the mistakes!

hope you'll like it. 

:^)

 


 

“I love you, you know,” she sighs. “I love you all.”

She looks down, too weak to meet the girls' eyes, and sighs again, rubbing her right arm.

“We'll see each other soon. Don't be a stranger, okay?”

There are smiles thrown at her, happy smiles tinted with sadness, just like hers.

It's time.

She finally looks up and meets her members' eyes, never faltering. It's time.

 She can't cry; she knows it's not over. They will never be over because the group will forever stay in their hearts. They will never be over because Girls' Generation will forever be remembered by their fans.

SONES. She'll never be grateful enough for them, their pink little stars that followed them since the beginning; or some that joined after that, when Gee broke the records, when they promoted for the first time in America, or when they came back as eight.

Their pink little stars, that never failed to cheer them up when times were bad; that never let them down after a scandal–instead, taught them new things and accepted their mistakes, not putting them on a pedestal. Taught them how to be better to avoid making the same mistakes.

She's sure the others feel the same. They'll never be thankful enough for their worldwide fans that supported their different activities; she'll never be thankful enough for all the love she's received these past years.

How did it feel to be hated by thousands of people?

It was hard.

It was hard, receiving the death threats, the criticisms, the verbal attacks against her and her family. Against their group. Against her members. Her second family. 

It was hard, when they were booed during concerts even though they were innocent; it was hard to know people hated them when they knew nothing about their life. 

But she was loved by millions–they were loved by millions all around the world.

And that–well, that was a wonderful feeling.

To feel loved. 

It was a feeling she never wanted to forget.

She more than often wondered why so many people loved her, because she was just Kim Taeyeon from Jeju in South-Korea, born in 1989.

She was just a girl.

But she realized that for them she was the Kim Taeyeon, leader of Girls' Generation, the national girlgroup; she was Kim Taeyeon, who debuted as a soloist 10 years after starting her musical career; but for them she was also Kim Taeyeon, the dork and child-like girl, that protected herself in silence a few years ago, slowly breaking out of her shell with shy smiles and timid laughs. 

She was just Taeyeon, a girl who loved to sing and who was loved by many. 

They were just girls who happened to share the same passions and suddenly they were famous idols, singing and dancing all around the world, followed by medias and fans; suddenly they had no private life anymore, not when those fans would try to get into their dorms, would send them messages and call them at three in the morning, who would exchange their informations. 

Suddenly they became Girls’ Generation, who put an end to the boybands reign over the musical industry.

They became Girls’ Generation, who paved the way for girlgroups to finally shine as they ought to do; they became Girls’ Generation, the first female group to win the Dasaeng Award. They became Girls' Generation, dominating the music charts everytime they released a new album, or even a single.  

They became Girls’ Generation.

They were proud to say that though sometimes their success got better of them, they still remained the same girls as they were; their modesty wasn’t a play, and they were still the dorks that threw their image away when they appeared in variety shows; their imitations that would destroy their ‘delicate’ image their company tried to put on them, their dorky dances that would erase their oh-so-cute dance moves with a lollipop in a hand.

“Let’s meet soon, okay?”

 

“So, how’s your drama doing?”

“Good. The ratings are still going up, so it’s a good thing.”

“And your movie, Yoona?”

“Oh, we’re still filming. It should be done before next month, though–hey, don't pick on my food. You already had three plates, unnie!”

She smiled as she looked at the girls–no, women, sitting around the table. They had decided to have dinner together at a private restaurant to avoid any commotions, inside or outside the place. 

She took a sip of her glass of wine, sighing contently. It always felt good when they were with each other; it was one of the rare times she felt comfortable, at home. 

They were home.

Yuri looked at the short-haired woman. “Sunny, are you debuting someone or a group soon?”

“Yeah!” Tiffany chirped. “I want to know too! A soloist, maybe?”

Sunny chuckled. “You’ll see soon... next month, maybe?”

“Can’t you give us any clue, Hyoyeon? You probably choreographed their dance. Right? Right!” Sooyoung pointed at the dancer.

“No can do, Soo. The CEO here,” she nodded at Sunny, “said no. Sorry.”

“Taeyeon?”

She shook her head.

The others sighed.

“But get ready for the dance ‘cause it’s gonna kick some .”

Yuri got up, her fist in the air. “YES!”

They all laughed when she sat down, embarrassed by the waiters’ stares. The women hadn’t changed, even when she was in public–not like they did either.

“And you, Seohyun? I heard your musical sold out.”

A nod. “Yes. Also unnies…” Seohyun bit her lip. “I have tickets for you. Will you come? I know you’re all busy so if you can’t I unders—”

“No no wait, Seohyunie, we’ll be free.” Sooyoung took out her phone. “When is it?”

“Huh, next week? Friday night.”

“Mhh. Okay. Hi–yes, can you clear my schedule for next Friday? Okay, thanks.”

“Unnie…”

“We’ll be free,” added Taeyeon.

They all nodded.

 

It felt good to see them again after being separated for so long; they still met when they could, but not with the whole group–someone was always away for work, or too busy filming, singing, or managing their business. Like Sunny.

Sunny. She chuckled. The woman had now a company of her own; she was currently taking over the music industry, just like her uncle had done before–it’s like it was a family tradition, and Sunny had decided to follow it.

 She had signed Hyoyeon as a choreographer but the dancer was still independent, dancing wherever she wanted, taking parts of dance shows, teaching children to adults; creating choreographies for the groups or singers for Sunny.

They worked in a pair, she thought; they never really left the music industry.

It’s not like the others did, too.

Yoona and Sooyoung were famous actresses now; even though criticisms were hard when they first started their acting career, the amount lessened when the public let go of Girls’ Generation’s Yoona and Sooyoung to just Im Yoona and Choi Sooyoung. Their talents were recognized, and they soon appeared in famous dramas. 

Yuri was the independent woman, travelling around the world, something she couldn’t do before; but she had signed a special contract with Sunny’s company, that allowed her to go on vacations, but to still be an official choreographer, just like Hyoyeon. She’d come back with gifts for everyone, all smile and happiness.

Seohyun was no longer a young girl but a grown woman who tried everything, from ballet to musicals; and she kept doing musicals, because singing was her passion, but acting too; it felt good, to be able to make something alive for the others to see; it felt good to keep doing something she had loved since she was a child.

And Tiffany–oh, Tiffany. She had paved her way in the fashion industry, meeting famous designers, attending fashion shows in New York, Paris, Milano; always following the new trends, working with fashion magazines, her famous eyesmile never leaving her.

But she always came back to her.

And well, her. Taeyeon. Singing was a big part in her life; it wasn’t a surprise for the public when she joined Sunny’s company as well. She still released albums, singles sometimes, but not as often as before; the last one was a single starring Sooyoung and Yoona, something she had wanted to do since forever. And she had finally done it. 

The song topped the charts–no surprises here.

Taeyeon smiled. They were still here for each other, despite the distance.

 

“Hey, do you know what year it is?”

“Right.”

“Let’s do it again?”

A different voice. “I miss it, honestly.”

“I agree.”

“The excitement, the adrenaline flowing through my veins, the screams…” added another person.

“Let’s do it again for our 20th anniversary?”

“Let’s.”

They will never be over.