she's my roommate;

she's your roommate

“Since Taeyeon had a solo first, did she give you any advice?” read the host. “Taeyeon came out as a solo singer and really hit the jackpot, right?

“That’s right.” She stopped, trying to find the words. “Taeyeon is the person I’m closest to and spend the most time with.”

Tiffany smiled at the end of her confession and played with her hands; Taeyeon was a safe topic. She could do no wrong today. She could feel the nervousness and awkwardness slowly disappear–after all it was her first time talking to the host, Choi Hwajung, and she didn’t really know what to say. She still wasn’t used to going on radio shows alone, without her members, but she knew that they were supporting her wherever they were, at home or filming.

The thought calmed her heartbeat and she finally let down her hands on the table.

“She’s your roommate,” added the radio host, as if to explain her words.  

Tiffany nodded, her smile gradually growing. “Yes, since I came to Korea.”

The woman in front of her smiled back, amused. “Really?”

“Yeah. In our trainee years we were already hanging out with each other–she was really kind, and always helped me when I had trouble learning Korean. She was, and is still now, one of my most important friends.”

Hwajung hummed appreciatively. “That was very kind of her.”

“I know right!” Tiffany exclaimed in her native language, her hands leaving the desk again. “And then when the company announced that we would debut together, it was one of the best moments of my life. And since we were in the same group, we had to live in a dorm, and well, uhm, I was already living with her before the announcement, since I had to learn Korean fast.” She bit her lip, struggling to keep her self–control. “It was nice to have someone I already knew there. I was really thankful.”

“I can imagine that. When I was on the Win Win show with her, I still remember thinking “ah, Taeyeon is really kind–hearted!” It has been 6 years since, but I’m glad she’s doing well now,” said Hwajung, shifting her papers. “How was living with Taeyeon though? Since you already knew each other, were you already roommates then?”

“We were. We weren’t sleeping in the same bed, of course, but as we were already comfortable with each other, it was the most obvious choice to be roommates. It didn’t stop us from becoming friends with the other members, though, but being with her for a longer time, uh,” she said, trying her best to not switch to English. She had to control herself. “I mean, at that time, she already knew me well–when I was having problems, or was feeling a bit homesick. She was one of my pillars.”  Tiffany smiled again, relieving the memories of her trainee and debut years. “After debuting, and when she became a host for radio shows, she developed some sleeping habits that were, well, kind of weird. We’ve talked about this so many times already with the members on other shows, but she’d always get up the night and say, “hello, I’m Taeyeon from Girls’ Generation!” or “we are now going to listen to this song, which reminds me of…” or she'd just throw her legs on mine. She's not too tall, small even, so it's alright–don't tell her I said that! At first, I have to admit that it bothered me a little–we were training very hard and every second of sleep was very precious to me. But I got used to it and—”

She paused. Could she? She knew Taeyeon wouldn’t mind, but they hadn’t talked about the possibility of Tiffany revealing it.

“I slowly got used to it, and even started to find it cute. She’d, like, get up and then fall asleep in my bed, and then I’d wake up in the morning with her hair in my face and her legs tangled with mine.”

“Indeed, that’s very cute,” chuckled the host. “Were you both already comfortable with skinship at that time? Was it weird for you, since you were from the States?”

“A little bit at first,” shyly admitted the singer. “But I wasn’t feeling uncomfortable. Just surprised, I guess.”

“I see. You’re still living with her now, with your other members Hyoyeon and Sunny, but do you still sleep in the same room?”

“Yes,” replied Tiffany, smiling again. “I couldn’t bring myself to sleep in another room. I think I’m really used to sleeping with her–it has been more than 10 years, actually, so that’d explain why. And I don’t mind Taeyeon being the first thing I see when I wake up, so it’s okay.”

“Wow, that was very cheesy of you. I assume that both of you are going well?”

“I know! I’m not usually that cheesy.” She chuckled and brushed her bangs of her forehead. “And yes. I’m really thankful for her presence, and her still being by my side even after all these years. She’s—” her voice suddenly broke. “She’s the most important person in my life,” she said proudly. “The most adorable person I’ve ever seen. She’s the cutest in the morning when she wakes up, still feeling a bit asleep, with her bed hair and–did you know that her feet are really cute? I never thought I'd find legs cute, but hers are. Her feet too. You should see them. I don't know—” Tiffany stopped in her words, having realized that she was definitely talking about something else. “my bad. Sorry,” she giggled, “I just–Taeyeon is a very important part of my life. I really cherish her.”  

The older woman laughed before giving her a kind smile. “I can see that. I’m really happy for you.”

“Thank you!” The singer decided to change the subject before losing herself again. “Anyway, we’re the type to support and give each other advice. She’d say, “once you live it, you’ll find answers and will improve. Don’t worry and don’t be nervous, it’s not like you. You’re good at this.”

Hwajung hummed again, inviting her to continue.

“She’s always by my side, believing and cheering me, saying “you can do this, Fany! Fighting!” And also before my first showcase, when I was still at home, I asked her to give me a hug–I was really nervous. She hugged me really tight–and suddenly I wasn’t nervous anymore. I know I can rely on her. Words like, “you can do it” from her, even as simple as that, give me strength. I really appreciate that. She’s–she’s that important. I wouldn’t change our relationship for anything in the world,” finally finished Tiffany. She had to quickly finish the interview and leave before tearing up; talking about Taeyeon made her feel nostalgic and emotional, and she only wanted one thing.

She wanted to go home, and Taeyeon was home.

 

“So I heard what you said on the radio earlier,” was what greeted her when she locked the door.

She felt two arms go around her waist and a small body against her back, hugging her, and smiled. “Yeah? Did I seem nervous?”

“Not at all. Not when you talked about, you know, me, at least.”

“I’d never feel nervous when talking about you, Taeyeon.” Tiffany turned around, taking a look on the older girl, before returning the hug. “I missed you.”

“I missed you too, Fany. Good job on the show.”

“Did you feel uncomfortable when I started rambling and talked about our relationship?” she asked, worried that the blonde woman would react badly.

“Not at all,” answered Taeyeon, her head in the crook of her neck, inhaling her scent. “I’m glad. And you’re also a very important part of my life, Fany. You know that.”

“I know,” Tiffany beamed.  “I love you,” she added, and kissed her on her lips.

“I love you too.” Taeyeon grinned, slowly detaching her arms from her waist and took her hands, leading her towards their bedroom. “Now let me show you how much I cherish you.”  

 

And she knew, when she came apart on Taeyeon’s hand, breathing hard among broken moans, her fingers still inside her, guiding her through multiple and multiple waves of pleasure, that Taeyeon wouldn’t ever let her go.

 

 


A/N: hello, hope you enjoyed it! might add another chapter. comments are always appreciated!

to the anon who sent the ask (check the foreword if you haven't), hope you liked it!

until next time—and guys, don't forget to support tiffany's album!