A Boy and His Butler

The Royal

A large room decorated in European style, ivory white wall with large-high pilars at every corner -carved in old-fashioned style. At the center of the room, a set of confortable sofa and coffe table with a circle carpet underneath is sets perfectly for the owner to spend their time. A large painting of a dark forest from high rare view is hanging high as the main element of the room facing all glass panel that shows the sky night perfectly at the other side. And at another side an old but expensive clock stands out with its natural wood color ;ticking the time in perfect rythm while the other side is an European style stairs leading to the master room.

A man in black suit sitting alone in the middle of the cozy sofa with a pair of sharp eyes looking towards papers that covering almost every inch of the coffee table, he look so serious and solemn. The old clock is pointing at 4 am already but the man can't seems to resolve a thing as he just staring at the paper as if he can burn it with his stare.

He pinch the bridge of his nose and sighed loudly -almost groaning if he didn't hold himself enough not to. He close his eyes for a second and pinch the bridge of his nose when he heard foot steps from the stairs. He stands and  straigten his suit hurriedly before walking toward the stairs with a glass of fresh water.

Taeyang walking lazily towards him with his eyes half closed while he scratch one of them violently. The man only watching him in worry -afraid the boy will trip or fall as the boy keep walking down the stairs with closing eyes (that in the man view) but then again he didn't like it if he he helped him.

The man bows deeply before giving the glass to Taeyang who drink it in one go. He then opened one of his eye hardly looking at the coffee table and smiling. "Don't say you will help me if you can't, Seunghyun." He said with his hoarse voice and laughing gently before heading towards the coffee table and sit at the carpet. Leaving Seunghyun amazed as he starting to do his work, silently counting to every number printed on the papers and wrote the result on it in just a blink of second.

What Seunghyun can't even understand in the past 6 hours is starting to be finished by him in half of an hour, Seunghyun can only froze in his place as he watching his master work.

"You can sleep Seunghyun, i'll wake you when its raedy." He saud without turning back or even stop from doing his work and took out his laptop from drawer under the table, he then starting to typing on it like a typing machine.

While Seunghyun at the other side is blushing -obviously emberassed at the boy words. He then heading to his room, there he dismiss his formal suit and change into a normal sleep wear before he lay himself on the big size bed with a fresh white bedsheet and close his eyes completely. He didn't do anything but somehow he feel so tired maybe it because he never think that serious before, especialy about numbers of stock or such a thing. A thing he will never want to be in but then he though of Taeyang, he learnt about that at the age of five or even before that since he only came to the main house when Taeyang is five. Poor Youngbae he thought to himself imagined his little master with those scary numbers all around him. He can't help but feel grateful for what he was back then, a normal boy with a sister and parents who fallin in love with each other in natural way, live happily till death do they apart.

 

Two hours passed by and Taeyang is already finish everything, the coffee table is even clean now since he didn't know what to do next and he want to let Seunghyun sleep more. He leans his head on the sofa, looking at the high ceiling he let out a small sigh and just watching the beautiful pattern of the ceiling. He stayed like that for half an hour before decide to move to his library as his back feel aches from the position. He stands and walking towards the library at the edge of the corridor but then he stoped as he remembered that he has read every book in the library, he remember Seunghyun promised him he will soon buy a new collection 2 days ago.

"I wonder what was Seunghyun always doing while he waiting for me back from school?" He asks to himself. "This house is so boring." He continued, drop his body the floor of the corridor and sitting there, once again watching the dead thing in front of him. A plain white wall with something curved at the bottom and the top of it, it looks like trees but then again it looks like leaves, he can't tell but he sure it is so beautiful and he thankful to whoever made this.

But he still bored, his boredom is reaching the top. He leans to the wall and slowly drop his body, let himself laying on the cold marble floor. He sighed once again, this is what loneliness feels like he thought to himself. Looking at the old clock back there at the radius of 5 meters he sighed one more time, its only 5 minutes after he move from there.

 

At the other side Seunghyun is wake up from his sleep, he search for his wrist watch at the beside table and looking at it. Its six already, he hurriedly showering and changing into his formal suit -another formal suit that looks identical. He brush his hair to the back putting on some gel to make it last longer before puts his shoes on -a pair of black leather designer shoes and not forget his white gloves.

He walks towards the door and notices there something or maybe someone in front of it since he can see the shadow. He opened his door carefully and to his surprise Taeyang laying there, his back is facing the door and it seems like he is sleeping there. Seunghyun gasped hard, he even almost cursing at himself seeing his master laying on the floor and the most important is that he is laying there sleeping right in front of him. How dare you Choi Seunghyun!! He spat on his mind  before he squating to wake the boy.

"Master.." he called him, hesitantly bring his hand towards the boy. "Master, wake up." He said once again and finally Taeyang opened his eyes.

"Good morning Seunghyun." He said as if nothing happened and bring himself to sit straight and yawning. "Did you sleep well?" He continued and the next thing is he sneeze, hard enough to make Seunghyuns heart rate increase triple times faster from its already are.

Seunghyun just look at him in horror. 'Its my fault, my fault, my fault, my fault' he repeats it 100 times in his head while watching the boy innocently scratcing his nose till it turns red before he sneeze again.

 

-+ A boy and his butler +-

 

"Seunghyun, winter is coming sooner." Taeyang looking out to the window and sneeze for the 58th times already as Seunghyu  counted. He turns and looking at Seunghyun through the reaview mirror, looking straigh to the guy behind the steering wheel with an innocent smile that makes his eyes turn into a pair of crescent but Seunghyun can really focusing to that as he think of the previous comment of his master.

Winter is should be one mounth from now, he understand what the master said is for him because he let him sleep on the floor. Welk it isn't that way for Taeyang he just saw the clouds and its almost feels like wintet time, they just had different translator on their brains.

"I'm sorry master." He finnaly said that sentanse, the one his master do not appreciate the most.

Taeyang turned his head and looking outside the car again. "What for?" He said, short but it sound so cold that makes Seunghyun regret to ever saying that to his master.

Outside the passer by looks like in their own world, some walking with their partner -talking and laughing like the most happy people on earth, moms with their little child -playing while waiting for school bus to arrive at the halt. Taeyang can only watching them behind the glass of his car, they looks so happy in his eyes, so beautiful that he wish he can be one of them. But then more further to the center of tokyo he can see tall buildings suroundeds the street, the street lamp and electricity pole dominated the side of the street while the passer by looks so busy with their own bussines with their eyes fixed to the small technology in their hands and only looking up when they cross the street. He can see some of those people is wearing the same uniform as him, the only view people that still notice each others existance though they do look busy with their gadget.

Seunghyun can't really focus on his ride as he keep peeking to the back seat to check on Taeyang. He keep sneezing for the rest of ride to the school and Seunghyun keep on his track to count it.

"Stop counting or i will really mad at you." Taeyang said out of the blue.

Seunghyun parking the car and turned to Taeyang. "Please master let me check you first." He said, reaching out his hand to touch his master forehead.

"I got a small fever, thats it." He said raise his hand as rejection before he sneeze one more time.

"Thats a lot of sneeze master, i will take us home from now."

"I'm the master, i'm the one who decide." Taeyang said in a firm voice and put on a mask before going out of the car, leaving his Seunghyun froze. Its the first time he see that action and hearing his voice it realy make him can't say a thing. Is the first time he saw that but it always give him the effect of first time and that scare him more, it means he is really in a bad condition.

"Taeyang!" Seunghyun can hear his master's new friend calls him. He turn his head to watch the scene, Taeyang is far in front of him waiting his friend walking -half running towards him.

"Hey, are you okay? What with that mask?" Seunghyun can read the other boy's lips. He can see that Taeyang too is avoiding his friend from touching him, now he know how bad he is.

 

At the class they always pay full attention towards the lesson. Taeyang did for half quarter before he starting to see stars in front of him and his breathe is feel more heavier and heavier however the class is in absolute focus.

"Are you okay?" Ask Mariko worried.

Taeyang turns towards her and smiling even his face covered by the mask, Mariko can see him smilling through his eyes but its didn't stop her from worrying him.

"You look so pale and sweaty, i know you're not okay." She says. "I'll take you to.." but Taeyang cut her of by grabing her hand. "Oh my god you burning hot." She gasped.

"Take my phone, first dial." He said out of breath. "And please keep it quiet." He continued before blanked out on his seat.

Mariko panically did as Taeyang told him and thats when she heard a girl voice answered in korean language.

 

Jiyong is walking home alone when he heard someone called him and pull him to a dark alley between the tall buildings. He hit the cold wall with his back as the one who pulled him push him roughly.

"What the ?" Jiyong cursed as he feel the pain when he heard laughter from two people or more. He can't saw them since it was so dark.

"Where is your hero now Jiyong?" One of them said in playing tone and kick Jiyongs stomach hard.

Jiyong falls to the ground and coughing, its so hurt he tought to himself holding his ached stomach. He know who and how many is them now from hearing his voice, its Takashi and his gang. " off Takashi." Jiyong said in between his cough.

"What?" He sounds merciless.

Jiyong spit blood from his mouth. "I'm smarter then you doesn't mean i'm weak, i'm just holding myself." He said looking up at the same time a light of a car lightet the small alley for a second. He can see 8 of them smirking at him.

"You can say everything before your death, fair enough." Takashi said in a mean tone and laughing with his friends, an evil laugh that sends you to the deepest hell.

"!" Jiyong cursed.

 

"Master?" Seunghyin hurriedly pour a glass of water and give it to Taeyang, leafting his master head gently to make him drink the water while the other looks groggy and confuse.

He try to sit straight with the help if Seunghyun, leans to the board bed. Looking around for sometime before he realize it was his room. A room with walls painted nicely with a sun rise skylight, dark blue marble floor makes it looks like a deep sea and sets of funiture in stylish black modern and cizzy vibe with the same tone curtain that covered the full panel window at one side.

He searching for the time indicator in his room, right above a large flat screen TV that located in front of the king size bed. It shows 7.43 pm. "Seunghyun, help him." He said with his hoarse voice.

"Pardon Sir?"

"Help Jiyong." Taeyang repeat with a worried look on his pale face and he puke to the bed cover.

"Master?" Seunghyun hurriedly took a stainless still bowl from under the bed and place it at Taeyang thigh. He puked again, throwing up all inside his stomach. Cold sweat is visibly at his forhaed and his lips is turning blue, his eyes red and watery.

"Seunghyun." He looked up to Seunghyun. "Don't look at me with that sorry eyes." He continued breathless.

Seunghyun looked down.

"Honestly i feel sick from yesterday so its not your fault." he said. "You should have take Jiyong home, Seunghyun." He continued still with a worried look, and that somehow makes Seunghyun angry and uneasy.

Seunghyun looked up to see his master, looking straight to his eyes but he can only find sincerity there, it almost as if he didn't feel pain. Seunghyun lower his head once again, why is he feel so angry. That feeling killing him, he know the best he can't feel that way towards his master but he can't help it. He turns silent, trying to compress his emotion.

"I don't want to lose anymore Seunghyun, i don't want to.."

"Stop!! You have a high fever you just mixed the past and now, Jiyong is fine its just your imagination." Seunghyun said almost shouting, looking at Taeyang as if he is a mad father scolding his son. "Just take this." He continued give him some tablet.

"No, move i'll help him myself." Taeyang said strong.

"Eat your medicine." Seunghyun coming out firm.

"Seunghyun you don't understand he is my friend i can't lose my friend, not anymore!!" He said trying to stands from his bed but Seunghyin grab his hand thight.

"He just your friend." He said coldly.

"What?" Taeyang turned to him now he is make him upset but Seunghyun just looking down not dare to look at his way. Yes they are only meet 2 mounts ago but a friend for him is not just simply a friend to anyone else and Seunghyun knows it perfectly. Thats upsets him the most. "Let me go, now!!" He said, coming out more firm then before.

But Seunghyun didn't even move and just hold onto Taeyang's hand thighter and thighter while his face still facing the ground. He knows everything about friend to his master but it still didn't enough to make him let his hand, how can see him walking to his death just for helping some unlucky kid. Maybe its something good -helping, someone that had a pure heart to do like his master but its not Seunghyun.

"Choi Seung.."

"Dong Youngbae!" Seunghyun cut off his words. "Me too, i can't lose you, now lay down." He pulls Taeyang and carry him, put him on the bed, cover him with the bed cover up till his neck and then he lay beside him -encage him in his embrace.

"Seunghyun?"

 

Jiyong beaten up really bad, its useless for him to fight back since there are eight people and Takashi. He is doomed si he never try and just receive their kicks and stomp.

They even didn't want to use their hand to beat him, he laughed and just then Takashi stomp hard on his left knees till he can heard a cracking sound from it. "!" He cursed hard and they laughing hard.

Takashi ready to kick his chest when a pink suitcase coming from nowhere hits him right on the head, he knocked out and fall to the ground. A short girl came out, walking towards Jiyoung -carelesly steping on Takashi's thight.

"Hey man, you okay?" She asks, squating in front of Jiyong.