The Missed Appointment

Just The Words

 

 

So yes, we could kiss.

I could kiss you and you could kiss me. There's no science, plane ticket or clock stopping us. But if we kiss, it will end the world.

And I've ended the world before. No one survived, least of all me.

 

 


 

 

 

 

Yong-sun sat still in her seat, a million thoughts were running through her head. She wasn't a stupid girl, she knew they weren't hanging out just to be friends.

 

Exes don't ever hang out alone just as friends, she should've expected this.

 

Her hands were a bit sweaty, clenched. Yong-sun didn't think this would happen, she was so sure that she was going to leave back to the states a clean plate.

 

“Byul-ah….” she started off, not exactly knowing what she would say “...I don't think this is a good idea…”

 

They were done, it's been years now.

 

Byul-yi’s face dropped as Yong-sun continued “You know that right?”

 

“No I don't know…..I still want you. I've always did.” If it had been years ago Yong-sun would've taken the confession right away but she wasn't the same naive girl as before. In fact she probably would've cried hearing these words.

 

“Back then….I would have loved to hear you say that but right now….I don't think I can accept it.” Yong-sun bites her lip.

 

Byul-yi looks down at the table and Yong-sun feels bad. The girl was putting it all out there but she couldn't do the same.

 

“To tell you the truth, I missed you.” Yong-sun confesses “More than you could ever imagine but I was so angry at you because I never got the closure that I needed.”

 

Byul-yi never picks her head up and Yong-sun took this as a sign to continue “I was upset because you knew that I would always just come back to you as if everything was my fault, you made it seem like it was always my fault.” And Yong-sun didn't know she needed to vent all her frustrations so much.

 

“You took advantage of me, of my puppy love. And I always wanted you to come back to me for once but you didn't.” Yong-sun voice cracked.

 

“That's why I knew I had to grow up for myself, I waited for you but I waited too long.”

 

Byul-yi finally looks up to meet the girl's eyes, a kicked puppy look “I was too immature at the time Yong-sun.” She admits her wrongs “You were my first for everything, you know. I didn't know how to react to certain things and I've reflected over the years.”

 

“I've should've treated you better but I was young at the time as well….I used to think to myself ‘Ah why did I treat Yong-sun this way.’ I'm sorry for that.”

 

Yong-sun’s heart was beating so fast, she never expected to reveal what she had hidden away for so long. “But we're not the same girls anymore.” Byul-yi ends.

 

And it hit Yong-sun hard. She was right,they weren't the same innocent girls they once were. They were older, more mature. They were grown ups, or at least pretended they were. There was no more high school drama, no sneaking around with quiet footsteps in the house, no long distance.

 

It was Yong-sun. She was the one whose heart couldn't take it.

 

With a shaky voice “You're right, we're not the same girls.” She gets up from her seat, her chair making a screeching noise. “I love you….and I always will even if it's not romantically.”

 

She wraps the scarf that Byul-yi gave to her around her neck and heads towards the door. She looks back at the girl.

 

“Well you're coming aren't you? I thought you said this was your last chance?”

 

With a smile, Byul-yi gets up from her seat and follows Yong-sun out.

 

 

< >



 

“You're a jerk I hope you know that.” Naeun mumbles loud enough so Yong-sun can hear it as she pulls her luggage with her.

 

Yong-sun wraps an arm around the girl “I know and I'm sorry.” She gives her a pout “I promise to go back sometime and we can hang out all you want.”

 

Naeun rolls her eyes playfully before sticking out her pinky “You promise? And you'll even pay for that new movie we wanted to see?”

 

“I always pay for the movies we see.” Yong-sun laughed “But of course, I wouldn't want to see it with anyone else.”

 

Naeun lets out a groan “This is totally going to , our plane ride is already too long. What am I going to be doing during all those hours without you?”

 

Yong-sun pushed Naeun to continue walking “You'll find something to do, now hurry up. You know security check ins takes forever, you're going to miss your flight if you stay any longer”

 

The two made it there and the two girls say their goodbyes. “You better hurry up and come back home, okay?”

 

Yong-sun gives her friend a tight hug “I'll think about it.” She teases.

 

They hold the hug longer, neither wanting to let go. Naeun was the one to break the hug and Yong-sun tells her “Stay safe, I love you and message me when you land.”

 

“Okay mom.”




< >

 


 

She's not going to lie, she already misses the girl. Yong-sun was lonely without Naeun on the other side of the bed.

 

Yong-sun lets out a deep sigh as she turns on her side, she should have just left back to the states.

 

She hears her phone vibrate on the nightstand and Yong-sun wonders who is texting her so late at night.

 

‘Can you come outside, I want to see you.’ Why was Byul-yi out so late?

‘Be out in a minute’ she sends back.

 

Yong-sun grabs a coat and slips on some shoes as she walks out the door. It's gotten so much colder and Yong-sun wants to hurry up and go back inside.

 

“Hey.” Byul-yi greets first with a lopsided smile.

 

“Hey.” Yong-sun greets back “It's so late, what are you doing up.”

 

“I just got done with some school work, got tired…” Byul-yi nods her head in a direction, wanting to take a small walk. “...and I wanted to see you.”

 

Yong-sun follows Byul-yi and starts walking side by side with the girl. Their shoulders brushing against each other.

 

“What are you doing awake?” Byul-yi asked.

 

“Hmmm…. I couldn't sleep.” Yong-sun replies back. “I got so used to Naeun always sleeping beside me that I missed her.”

 

“Oh then do you want to sleep at my place then?” Byul-yi jokes and Yong-sun bumps her shoulder playfully. “What? I live alone now so we can be by ourselves.” She says innocently.

 

“You live alone? You got yourself a place?” Yong-sun questions, a little surprised.

 

Byul-yi nods her head “Yeah, I think moving out gave me a lot more freedom. It's nothing fancy but it's a place I call home now. I live comfortably.”

 

Yong-sun was a bit impressed by the younger, proud that she finally stepped out of her comfort zone and moved out.

 

The wind blew and it got colder “You know I like us how we are right now. I missed us being comfortable around each other like this.”

 

Byul-yi reaches for Yong-sun’s hand as they reached the end of the street. She pulls them to walk back to the older’s house. “This much is fine, right?”

 

Yong-sun starts to hit Byul-yi with her free hand, too embarrassed to give a reply.

 

 

< >

 


 

“Hey unnie.” Seulgi lies down beside her “Do you want to start dating again? I can set you up with someone.”

 

Yong-sun gives an awkward smile “I'm good right now, no need to worry about me.”

 

“It's been awhile since you've dated someone seriously, I don't want you dying alone.” Seulgi jabs an old joke.

 

Yong-sun and Byul-yi were like a thing but weren't an official thing. They did couple things now but weren't a couple just yet but that didn't mean she could go around talking to other people.

 

She turns around to face Seulgi and wraps her arms around her stomach “I'm telling you Seulgi, I'm okay.”

 

The two drop the subject and Yong-sun asks about Seulgi’s love life instead.

 

“Ah unnie this is too embarrassing to talk about face to face.” Seulgi covers her face with her hands.

 

“Hey if you pester me about it then I get to do the same.” Yong-sun teases.

 

“I'm not interested in dating right now, maybe in the future.” Seulgi seemed really dedicated to school “I want a clear future before I start dating seriously.” Seulgi grew more mature over the years.

 

“What a bum.”

 

“Hey!”


 

 

< >

 

 

Yong-sun swears she’s gained so much weight because all her and Byul-yi do is go out out to eat all the time.

 

“Byul-yi I'm telling you, I'm too full for desserts.” They were at a restaurant eating.

 

Byul-yi was looking at the menu and Yong-sun was already bloated just thinking about what Byul-yi had in mind.

 

“You should eat more, I think you're getting skinnier by the second.” And Yong-sun gives a small laugh.

 

“I'm serious, I think I might throw up just looking at your food.” She puts a hand against her stomach.”I'm going to have a food baby.”

 

“How can a baby have a baby?” Byul-yi grins at her comment.

 

Yong-sun crosses her arms across her chest “Hey you shouldn't be the one to talk.” With a raised eyebrow.

 

Holding her hands up in defeat, Byul-yi lets Yong-sun have the win.

 

“How's Minhyuk anyway?”

 

“Oh he's doing great, he got a new job that pays well but…..” Byul-yi her lips “..I think he wants to go back to college.”

 

“But because the baby is on it's way he doesn't want to, huh?” Yong-sun guesses and Byul-yi nods her head.

 

“Yeah, I mean I'm glad he wants to but I just think the timing isn't good.” Byul-yi gives a sigh.

 

“He’s a good man, he'll make a good decision regardless.”

 

Byul-yi lets out a deeper sigh and a groan “Ugh I guess you're right, I'm getting full myself. Should we go?” Yong-sun nods, happy to be leaving. She needs a nap.

 

Byul-yi pays the tab and they get up and head out the door.

 

Byul-yi grabs a hold on Yong-sun’s waist and pulls her closer.




 

< >

 

 

“Are you cold? Should I bring another blanket?” Byul-yi puts the blanket over them. They were currently in Byul-yi’s house. Sitting on her couch with the t.v. playing.

 

“No I’m good, I think it feels good.” Yong-sun throws her socks off and puts her cold feed on Byul-yi with a sly smile on her face.

 

Byul-yi makes a facial expression showing she feels everything but doesn’t say anything because she knew better.

 

Yong-sun rests her head on Byul-yi’s shoulder, removing her feet off the younger.

 

“Yong-sun.” Yong-sun lets out a hum, encouraging Byul-yi to continue. “I just want to say thank you for giving me a second chance. It really means alot to me.”

 

“You mean alot to me, Byul-yi.” Yong-sun pauses “I’m sorry for not opening up to you faster, to tell you the truth I was scared. I didn’t think I would run into you again after so many years but when I did I was so insecure.”

 

Byul-yi looks down at the top of the girl’s head and with her hand she puts it on her cheek, affectionately. “Why?” an almost whisper.

 

“I don’t know….I was taken aback. You looked good and I thought to myself ‘Ah why didn’t I dress better.’ I wanted you to be impressed by me…”

 

“I’m always impressed by you….anything you do. Because it’s you.”

 

Yong-sun doesn’t know why she suddenly felt insecure again, maybe it was because she could practically feel Byul-yi’s gaze on her. “I’m nothing really. You know….I was thinking….why do you still like me?”

 

Byul-yi takes a couple of seconds to collect her thoughts and Yong-sun impatiently waits for her answer “I’ve mentioned it before but you are my first for literally everything. I hold good memories of us close to my heart, even memories that aren’t so good.” a pause.

 

“I loved you the hardest, I still love you. There isn’t anyone in this whole world that ever replace you. It’s you.

 

“After we broke up and as time went by I knew, God I just knew that it really can’t be anyone but you Yong-sun. It’s you, it’s always been you. So when I heard that you were coming back I knew that this was truly my last chance to have you. I would’ve gotten down on my knees and begged for forgiveness if I had to, I was willing to throw away any ounce of pride that I had for you.”

 

Yong-sun sits up and faces the girl “I really don’t know what to say...I’m thankful you think so highly of me and I’m glad you went for me first. I’m treating our relationship as if it’s my last, I want you to be my last even if we’re not together.”

 

They both look at each and they just clicked.

 

Both moving closer to each other as if they already know. “Please be my last.” Yong-sun whispers against Byul-yi’s lips. Hot breaths of air coming out before Byul-yi finally closes the gap between them.

 

Yong-sun melts under Byul-yi, who pulled them closer together as they continued to kiss. It was too many years too long for this to happen again.

 

They finally pull away and Byul-yi pulls Yong-sun into a hug “Yong-sun….would it be okay.. what if I want more?” she whispers into Yong-sun’s ear.





 

 


 

 

Moonsun causes me so much pain fakldjflkajdflk but i love them sm :(

And look at this mess I made, gahhh

 

Something a little off topic but i don’t know if any of you guys read my moonsun fanfic called Chocolates but one of the readers Cheshire92015 (hi if you’re reading this lol) mentioned how I knew chorong and solar were going to be friends before everyone else

 

Lol i just thought that was funny how the characters in my ff are trying to be friends now.

 

Also I want to mention how proud i am seeing so many moonsun fanfics on this site! *insert grandma voice* you know back in my time in 2015 there were less than 50 mamamoo fanfics on this site, 2 of mine being in the 30’s and 40s area :’)

 

Wahh im so happy to see more people appreciate my girls more

Anyways let me know what you guys think of this chapter, comments are always appreciated!