S. (W.C. II)- 4

Shattered (Window Cracks II)

*Hello fellow inner circles! Since I miss them, I’ll keep on making fanfics for winner, for seriously being one of my inspirations in life and music.  Here’s a quite long update and I hope you read until the last words of the chapter.

*More things are about to happen and more characters will show up for the chapters to come, hope you enjoy this update!

 

The thing I suddenly remembered was your smile

I keep on trying to erase it but it just gets clearer

 

“This is your fault. You shouldn’t have suddenly barged in when obviously we-”

“How come it’s my fault? I have been the one who-”

Their heated argument was cut off by the sudden call to Mino, which made the store staff thankful for whoever it is. It’s too early to have customers fighting inside knowing that it might scare other buyers to come in.

Despite of wanting to throw more words into the new face, that he deemed not to be trusted despite of Jinwoo’s assurance, the continuous rings made him get his phone abruptly and leave the other. Seunghoon on the other hand, who is just as untrusting to him took hold of his water bottle and proceeded towards the exit, feeling the need to stay to  be useless without the presence of the friend he adores until now.

Once settled within the comfort of his car, Mino pressed the answer icon and prepared his self for whatever rants he might hear from the other line.

“Finally! I thought you’re trying to avoid me by not answering my calls and emails and you know what could I do if you try to actually-”

“Okay, calm down please, and let me speak a word or two.”

“Fine, go ahead. Now what?”

“Haven’t we talked about this before and I’ve made myself clear to both my parents and yours and they’ve agreed already. I’m not marrying you. So please, please give your attention to something that would make you happy. You wanted to go to Paris to check on your fashion house there right? You don’t need to be bothered with what’s happening with me now.”

“Well, thanks for trying to swat me away like a fly. But I have my own mind and I am not following any of your pleadings. I hope you would be less grumpier once you see me tomorrow. Bye.”

“What do you- Hwasa? Hey! Seriously?!”

--

“Aren’t we a perfect couple?”

“We’re not a couple.”

“Whatever. We will still get married in the future so I don’t care.”

“No we’re not.”

“Are you sure you had amnesia? Then why are you still treating me the same way, huh? You should be kind to me now. And you should accept the fact that marrying me is your best option.”

“No it’s not. And weren’t you the one who told me about us? And I’m sorry, you’re such a wonderful lady but… there’s someone in my mind right now and you couldn’t take over that person.”

“Our parents might have gotten softer with you, but no, I’ll only marry you and you could never get away from me. No matter how many times you travel, or get a damn amnesia. I have lost a lot of time since I’ve been busy with college and those trainings for taking over the business but now that I’m free, you won’t get away.”

Walking away with the same confidence since the first day he met her, Mino knows, though just by what their family have told him as stories of his life he had forgotten, that Hwasa, a childhood friend, had become so attached to him. She’s living now with her mother after her father left them for another family, and Mino being the only kid around her age that time that she could be with, comforted her and promised that once they grow up, they’ll get married and he would never leave the young girl.

Oh how he regrets those innocent words.

Though, they didn’t expect for Hwasa to hold on to that promise even after years of not seeing each other. He wanted to fulfill that, despite of not remembering it or how he felt for the woman when they were kids, but there is one part inside of him that hinders it and tells him to find that someone he couldn’t even remember.

If only he knows how close he is to finding what he’s missing.

--

Hearing the same footsteps she missed at home, she hurriedly approached him and pulled him into a tight hug. It’s not every day she could see her son visiting their residence, and if lady luck is on her side today, hopefully Taehyun is not just there to pay an ordinary visit, but has decided to actually return home.

“How nice of you to not forget our house address. How long has it been since your last visit?”

“Still looking glamorous as ever, aren’t you mom?”

“I’ve got no choice dear, since you know how demanding the business could be. Care to have lunch with me? I was just about to go when you arrived.”

“No thanks. I just wanted to let you know that… I’m not letting go of Seungyoon, no matter how hard you try to tear us apart.”

Seeing the serious look on her son’s face, she knows that he plan had failed. But that doesn’t mean she’s happy to know how strong the attachment of her son towards the guy she couldn’t approve of. She had worked hard to provide for her family’s needs and she could never be satisfied to know that Taehyun is willing to throw everything away for something she doesn’t believe that would last.

“Last time I knew, you’re much, much smarter than what you’re doing right now. He has told you; I guess, but then, what good does it brings you? Sooner or later you would realize how stupid it is to stick with that guy.”

“I thought, after that party, you have accepted us already, but with what you’re doing you’re just making me realize how right my decision is to stick by his side. And no, he actually agreed with what you said that we almost broke up, but since I’m your son and you know how stubborn I am, did not allow that to happen. I just passed by to tell you that, it’s fine now even if you try to break us apart, but don’t look that disappointed every single time your plan don’t work, okay mom? Thanks for the lunch offer, love you.”

Without looking back after kissing his mother on the cheek, he walked towards his own car and left. Her mother though, just laughed with what he said, realizing how much they resemble each other with their personalities and way of thinking.

And more than being irritated, she’s more interested with how such an ordinary looking boy in her sight managed to pull out his son’s best side.

For now, since her plans don’t work for them, she would observe every single thing about the couple.

--

Love

All of the stories we shared together

Now they are in the past

 

For the nth time, Jinwoo mentally slaps himself for behaving like that early in the morning in front of those two, knowing that all they want is the good for him, and to see his brother and his lover together on the couch, cuddling and giggling just adds to his heavy heart. He has no problems with them being happy and all sweet towards each other but he hopes they could do it in places he wouldn’t be able to see since obviously, he’s not over Mino.

Sensing his presence in the room, both guys stayed still, his brother mouthing sorry and Taehyun showing his tongue to irritate him more.

“Seriously, it’s more nice here when you’re not together. And you Taehyun, don’t try something funny on Seungyoon or I’ll come running from the kitchen together with the set of knives you both gave me as gift.”

“Awww, aren’t your brother such a sweet guy Yoon?”

“Tae, if he said that, you know that he actually means to do that.”

Laughing louder this time and nodding afterwards, the younger of the two scooted closer to kiss the tip of Seungyoon’s nose that earned him a smack on the head by his boyfriend’s older brother that they didn’t notice to approach the two of them.

“Stop doing that in front of the brother Taehyun.”

“You’re just jealous. Don’t worry, your own lover boy is right there at the kitchen, cooking ramen for the two of you.”

“Oh okay…. Wait, what?”

--

“And, that’s it. I know that is too much to ask of you but I can’t think of anyone else that could help me, so… please Hyung?”

“And you think you could make me agree to that with just a bowl of ramen? The same ramen you took from my cupboard?”

Seeing the look of panic on Mino’s face, one of the many expressions he had missed to see in person, Jinwoo couldn’t help but smile and ruffle the younger’s hair.

Noticing the questioning look that took over Mino, Jinwoo’s hand froze on his head and everything seemed to blur. The white walls, the bowls of ramen invading their nostrils, the wooden stools they’re sitting on, every single thing seem to be forgotten in a moment.

But the tension was cut off when Jinwoo pulled his hand abruptly back to his lap. And they both tried looking anywhere but each other’s eyes.

“A, right! Of course I’ll help you, but treat me to jjajjangmyeon or pizza or chicken, you choose.”

“Right… yeah, I’ll… I’ll do that. Yup, I’ll treat you to dinner later, does that sound nice?”

“Of course! I mean, yes, food is nice. Dinner sounds good.”

They both obviously ended up awkwardly laughing and knowing that their conversation could turn into more blurred puddle of words, both were thankful for the sudden break caused by Mino’s ringing phone.

“I’m sorry, I guess I need to take this call.”

“Oh, no problem. Go ahead.”

“Hello?”

His head snapped right back to where Jinwoo is now calmly eating his ramen, brows furrowed out of worry and disbelief. Without minding the still half-full bowl of ramen in front of him, he wore his black jacket back and told the person on the other line to stay wherever that person is right now. Ending the call, Mino approached the older one who had finished his food already out of nervousness from the incident earlier.

“Hyung, I’m really sorry, that girl I told about earlier? She’s here already. And she sound drunk.”

“I thought she’ll arrive tomorrow? And, drunk? This early?”

“Sorry, really. I need your help hyung.”

Nodding along, he placed the bowls on the sink and took his gray hoodie, while the two boys still sitting on the couch throw knowing looks at them and Jinwoo’s thankful Mino did not notice after passing them.

“Take care you two!”

“Bye hyung!”

--

They arrived at a closed bar, sun still high yet Mino knows how honest Hwasa could be that he’s worried with how much she had drunk by the moment they came.

Her private bar was on the second floor if Mino remembered what her parents told him correctly. Seeing the laughing figure who’s now trying to reach out towards the bottle of wine that a bartender took hold of, scolding the lady for drinking too much, he shook his head and prepared his self to in the argument later.

Jinwoo, seeing the lady in person, felt more down. The same sense of emptiness for letting Mino forget about him that easily. He realized more the idea of how wide Mino’s world is, and how much more the younger could reach if he doesn’t hold him there, right beside him. His thoughts were cut off when he heard the voices getting louder by the next seconds, and without any plans of trying to enter the conversation, he stayed by the sidelines and watched with concern.

“Why are you trying to avoid me?”

“You’re drunk Hwasa, and it’s too early for alcohol. I need to bring you home already so could you please not make this-”

“Right, you really are avoiding me. How unlucky of you though, since I’m such a hard-headed lady who is planning to get you no matter what.”

“We both know that our parents have already allowed us to go our own ways and that includes choosing the person we will marry in the future. And I may sound harsh, but for the nth time, that is not you. But for being your friend, I care about you but not in the way you want me to.”

“Then if you’re such a good friend, that you insists you are, would you mind helping in easing this pain you’re causing me?”

“What do you-”

Before he could finish his words, a pair of warm lips closed on his own, yet he didn’t feel any kind of attachment. He felt like remembering someone though, that he closed his eyes and remained still, hands unmoving and not returning the kiss, mind trying to unravel those hidden memory strips that got tangled after the incident.

Yet he couldn’t grasp a single clear image.

When he opened his eyes, he caught sight of a teary-eyed guy, whom he would recognize anywhere and he pried off the woman who clawed on his shirt and is not planning on letting go any time soon. Seeing the other guy ran off away from them, he took hold of Hwasa’s hands that are still clutching his clothes before showing off a pleading look.

“Please… please let go.”

Slowly, her hands fell on her side and that was his cue to follow his friend hastily as he can.

She, on the other hand, slumped on the nearest wooden stool, leaned on the stone wall and cried her heart out. The emptiness of her own bar that’s caused by her own decision to let the other staff go makes her feel more at loss that she regrets not opening it like usual days when she was here years ago.

And she mentally scolds herself for loving someone she knows she could never get right from the start.

 How controlling and twisting love could be at times, and she did not expect to let that emotion take over her sanity.

--

“Hyung! Jinwoo hyung! Could you please listen to me first?!”

“Mino, please stop following me will you?! You don’t need to explain a single damn thing to me! What am I to you anyways? We’re just friends, so-”

“I don’t know! I just… I saw you and I couldn’t bear to see you crying and… I can’t understand it myself.”

“Damn it! I hate this! You made me care for you so much and now that I’m the one who’s willing to hold on tight you’re the one who forgot all about it! I know that you’re not at fault but I hate it that I couldn’t tell everyone around us that I have never stopped loving you!”

Silence.

It was all too much to take in for the younger guy, the fact that he’s the reason behind Jinwoo’s tears, that once in his life that was now hidden due to the accident he had loved this man in front of him, that all those times he have known him as his best friend Jinwoo was carrying the pain inside him of pretending that nothing has changed.

“Go back to her now…. I didn’t say anything and you didn’t hear anything. It’s better this way, isn’t it? Since every single time I feel truly happy for myself being with you, something bad happens. It’s as if we’re pulled away every time. I’m sorry for suddenly erupting like that. That side of me hasn’t totally died down, I guess.”

With this he turned around and started to walk away, though not in a hurry this time. Perhaps, he believes that Mino would never follow him now that he has spilled the truth out. He had lied and he’s got no right to stop the younger in achieving his own happiness and contentment for in the first place, he has the one who decided to make it that way.

That’s when, he felt strong arms hug him from behind, tight and not willing to let go any time soon. He would be lying again if he push the other away and tell him that he doesn’t need his presence at the moment when he knows that by heart, he had missed this all along.

“Hyung… could you please help me remember?”

“I’ve lied to you… shouldn’t you be aware of the fact that you shouldn’t trust me like before?”

“I don’t know… it’s just that… no matter what… I feel like you’re the person I would always turn to, and didn’t you say those things not to hurt me but to bring me away from what could harm me?”

“Then you know as well that, what I’m avoiding now is for us to get back together. I’ve made that clear earlier, right?”

“What if I tell you that I disagree with what you want?”

Hearing these words, Jinwoo turned around to face the younger one and defend his own reason when before his own mind could process what just happened, another pair of lips were already placed on his own, unmoving, just pure warmth.

And he knows it would be another border he shouldn’t cross, but he did.

Both melting into the kiss, they forgot about the world, about the problems they would be facing again, and despite of all these trials they passed, the hardships and pains they’ve gained, being with each other made the day fulfilling.

They found something again they have lost.

 

The thing that suddenly passes by is the smile inside of me

I keep trying to bring it back but it just gets farther away

 

 

*Hello to my fellow moomoos! Sorry for making dear Hwasa from Mamamoo such a stubborn girl here, but it feels like she’s the best for the character, am I right?

*Who’s the bartender? I wonder as well…

*Too much Minwoo moments, hope you enjoyed those, for Seunghoon would be in action for the next chapter. And this might mean he’ll be able to get Jinwoo’s attention, or not? Sorry for loving cliffhangers, but I really do.

*Keep on loving minwoo, jinhoon, kangnam, and the whole squad of Winner! For old incles, stay strong for the boys! For new incles, give them more love, okay?

*Lovelots dear readers!

#winner.rocks