S. (W.C. II)- 1

Shattered (Window Cracks II)

*Hello! As what I said, I'm making a sequel for my first minwoo fanfic, Window Cracks, and here's the first chapter. Thanks to all who loved the first book, and I hope this would satisfy your need for the minwoo couple and the rest of winner members. 'Cause I miss them now, after lee hi and akmu's comeback.

*Enjoy!

 

I.

 

Love knows when to voice out what it needs, what it could give, but it shows and proves your importance, when it begins to listen.

Because during that time, it receives a part of you, understands that side of you, and tries to engrave it in its memories. For love always keep those memories, no matter how thrilling, or painful it may seem. It stays. No matter how much one would try to cover it up or lock it in the back of his mind, the fact remains that it’s there.

It might be hidden, yes, but never gone.

It might be suppressed, yes, but never forgotten.

It might be cold, but never frozen in time.

“What do you mean?”

He could hear the angry voices of his parents, arguing over whom should take custody of him, never asking whether where does he really wants to go. Because just like almost all adults, they will only answer that he’s too young to understand and his decisions would always be wrong. Because to them, he’s only a child carrying their surname and is a proof of their love, something that was once strong for that matter. Though at this moment, he felt like a trophy that whoever would be given could take pride and have control over the other.

And he remembered some words said by one of his teachers, that no love exists if there’s no one who would want to give it.

And to every person all around the world, to love is a responsibility of assuring someone that it would only be him and him alone in your heart until you grow old and with all your hairs or teeth falling off. But to be loved, that’s one great privilege, that’s still quite scary ‘cause let’s face it, even our own emotions, no matter how hard we try, would in time change. And worse, fade away, until there’s nothing left but pity or guilt.

It’s happening every single day, and even within the four corners of a small house, slowly shattering a child’s heart. And he thought of something that most of us have let slip into our minds once when we were much younger and afraid of what the world holds for us.

That it is always better to not experience such an emotion.

For it is, anyone would admit, that love is such a bittersweet tale, of sunshine and rainstorm, black and white that would always be side by side no matter how hard you pull the other away.

“Seunghoon, dear, pack up your bags, we’ll be going in less than an hour.”

It was his birthday, and he wonders if anyone has remembered, or if there’s someone out there who’s as thankful as him that he’s been born. He was still the same scrawny kid though, not bullied yet a wallflower. And until this day the friendship he had made were not lasting, mostly of which are group mates or club companions that he could never hang out with nor confess his story to. And now that he’ll be going with his mother towards the city, he could foresee a more shaded future, which he hopes would turn out to be just a mistake of prediction.

Moving towards his room, he felt like pulling a slab of lead block using his ankles, and what made it harder was seeing his father ignore his pleading look. He wanted to say he has always been his idol, role model that he never wants to lose sight of. He wanted to ask for him to tell his mother to stop from taking him away. He wanted to cry in front of them to just let him be, let him decide for once, but it’s funny how the weight in his heart by now stops him from doing so.

He let his self fall on the bed for the last time, since it has been his comfort zone for years now. The times that he was in his mother’s custody temporarily were always vacation days, not something to be attached to. He loves his mother, no doubt about that. It’s about his dreams though. Despite his father being kind of cold towards him, he knows he’s there, staying quietly in the sidelines while supporting him. His mother on the other hand, was someone who would impose what she wants and that means, turning his back towards what he really wants to be.

And the reason would always be that he’s too young to know what’s good for him, and that passion alone would never make him hit the good road.

If it wasn’t for the too high for comfort volume of the television signifying his father’s usual time of watching the sports’ channel, they would already be hearing his sobs by now. And to avoid another hours of conflict, he washed his self and wore a large cap to quite hide his now puffy eyes. Without any exchange of words or a simple goodbye, together with his mother he hit the road.

---

“Yah Seunghoon!”

If it wasn’t for one of his group mate’s waking him up in the same sadistic way, he would still be in the same black car, watching as his father throw a glance once and return to the their old abode, and feeling how weak he is. No matter how painful the hit was, he’s still thankful that he woke up. He’d rather wear his self off from dancing for hours than to be tortured by another nightmare.

“I know you’re going through hard times now that you needed to have tons of part time job but this one concerns teamwork dude, and if you keep on ruining the choreography for the reason of being tired as hell, this is the one that you’ll be quitting from soon.”

“I’m sorry hyung, really I mean it. I’ll work harder if needed be.”

“You better stick by your words. You know how many guys out there are hoping to take your place, right?”

A single nod and he’s back on his feet within just a few seconds despite of feeling groggy from the short nap.  He was still the same scrawny kid, the one who cried and wished for a much happier life. It has been harder ever since though. He’s a lot taller and more tough-looking now though, and he’s got a lot of friends by now as well. After standing on his own, he realized how precious good social connection in finding your way out of your reverie is.

“Oh, Seungri hyung!”

It was a familiar name but he pulled his attention towards the practice for the sake of not being scolded for the nth time. Though after looking once to the older guy’s direction, a familiar face called out to him, and despite of the blank reaction he received, he ran towards the shorter man and pulled him into a bear hug.

“It’s me hyung! You remember that crying boy who-”

“I- I’m sorry?”

--

Storm or not, Seunghoon ran away from home, without any plans or person to approach for help. He just wanted to be far from his mother, from the judging looks his new family gives him. if he could be free for a while from all the pressure and just live the life he always wanted to have, he would be satisfied.

Though he knows before the night ends he’ll be back in his room’s warmth, his disappearance unnoticed at all.

That day when he was confused and being the boy aspiring to be someone his parents could be proud of, he met him.

The other kid reminded him of his favorite sneakers, that pair of shoes he always wore to practice. They just talked for almost an hour and he felt like he has known him all his life. For the first time he had someone he confided to, and someone entrusted him some secrets he promised to keep sealed within him no matter what.

They were both in a dilemma in finding their selves, of achieving what they really want to do in the future, though in a totally different matter. And blooming adolescence doesn’t help them at all.

The older kid, which he discovered was Jinwoo, was somewhat confused of his uality, being attracted to the same gender which he’s been bonding with at the moment. Seunghoon didn’t care to ask about who the other boy was though, since right now it was his Jinwoo hyung that’s important.

And for weeks the budding friendship remained, rooting deeper in him, though every meeting wasn’t done out of his want to leave his new home for some time but out of him being fond to the deer-eyed boy. But one day he just disappeared, and no matter how long he stayed at the park or their favorite ice cream parlor the following days, no Jinwoo appeared.

In his memory though, he could never forget the face of his first true friend.

One day, he just thought of stopping the waiting act though. But that doesn’t mean he had no interest of meeting that boy again. He just wanted to open up his little bubble a lot wider, as what Jinwoo told him to do. Maybe one day, if he wasn’t the shy kid anymore, it’ll be easier to see him again. That’s the power of connections, isn’t it?

--

“I-I’m sorry. But I think you’ve mistaken me for someone else?”

It was the same eyes, bright as ever though quite blank at the moment he took his arms off the much matured physique. It was the same confused expression every time he made a gag and the other doesn’t find it amusing at all.

He’s sure, as what those memories tell him, that he had missed his first friend so much he would never let this chance slip away. And no, he was not wrong, for though the picture in his mind now was much gloomier than they were young, it was the right person and he believes what he feels.

Days had been hard but with this unexpected meet up, he could look at those problems with a more genuine smile now.

“Seunghoon, does that name ring any bell?”

“My friend, sorry if he looks at you like you’re such a bad person that would bring him harm, but he had an amnesia and, I bet he would not be able to remember you so easily, especially when you’ve been friends before that incident.”

“Wait Seungri hyung, aren’t you being too open about my profile now?”

He was sure it was just a playful hit between good friends, he does it with his dance crew mates once in a while, but he couldn’t help but feel jealous for not getting the same reaction from the first ever friend he had.

“Aren’t you being a little too harsh on your hyung? Anyways, Seunghoon, right?”

Nodding, yet his gaze was still stuck like a glue on Jinwoo who’s already fidgeting from the attention he’s getting.

And he wasn’t a fan of phone calls but Jinwoo’s thankful to whoever bothered to ring him this early.

“Ah, hyung, It’s Mino, I’ll just answer this outside. Take care of the group you’re managing.”

“Hey, wait up you- I’m really sorry. But, how did you know Jinwoo?”

And another time of telling tales, another minutes lost, but he found his self smiling.

-

“No, you’ll not use that.”

“Common, I bought this yesterday not to use it for display but to wear it today. I-”

“Seriously? Yoon, that specs doesn’t fit your clothes and because I’m the model here, you should trust what I tell you. A no is a no.”

“Eeey?! But-’

“Sorry for disturbing but, may I bother you two for a moment?”

Both Seungyoon and Taehyun are still on their argument regarding fashion choices for the day and Jinwoo would already be laughing by now since the two always end up cuddling at the end of the day, if not for the fact that he realized that he has still much to learn about his past. And he doesn’t want to walk the streets of Seoul with a blank or confused expression when someone from his lost memory come up again and greet him like some old friends they were.

“Could you two stop looking at totally opposite directions as if there’s no one beside you because the only thing you’ll get out of that is stiff neck. So sit properly and face your older brother.”

“You’re still not my brother so it’s not counted.”

“Not yet Taehyun-ah.”

Hearing this from his current boyfriend who is the younger brother of his ex-boyfriend’s love interest, he forced the corner of his lips from smiling from the simple words. But you know that feeling when you’re in love? Every simple gesture becomes too overwhelming you just need to let it out.

No more words were exchanged but with their hands clasped tightly again, Jinwoo smiled a little and went on with the main reason of his visit.

“Do any of you, know someone named Seunghoon, who happens to know me as well? I don’t want to look like a loading YouTube video once we meet again. Since he happens to know Seungri hyung who would keep on pestering me since he believes that I should try starting another love story with anyone who hugs me.”

“Woah, wait. Since when did that idiot hyung start to become your personal cupid?”

“Since he started dating Chaerin noona. You should have seen him, he looked like he was on cloud nine and he didn’t hooked up with anyone else ever since.”

“That’s a miracle.”

Both younger guys looked at each other with expressions of awe on their faces that Jinwoo wanted to pinch their cheeks not because he finds them cute as a couple, no. Taehyun is still disrespectful towards him as ever so they still have a long way to go.

“Okay lovebirds, back to the main topic. Who’s Seunghoon?”

 

*Lovelots dear fellow incles and minwoo shippers.

*Take care, wherever you are.

#winner.is.love