S. (W.C. II)- 3

Shattered (Window Cracks II)

*Ayo fellow incles! I'm sorry for updating so late, but here I am now, and I hope this is quite enough for today. Warning: kangnam moments, but I'm sure that's fine to you, since, kangnam is such an adorable sassy couple, aren't they?

 

 

After feeling the love you gave me

I felt happiness for the first time

So how can I love without you?

Please don’t leave me

 

“Hello?”

Looking at his mess of a brother, he almost threw his phone away but knowing better, he forced his self to listen and know what really caused Seungyoon to cry like a baby that he couldn’t talk sense into him.

“I entered a Seungyoon-free home today and I think that I don’t like it to be this way, not even a bit. Knowing how close the two of you are, I guess he went straight there? Hyung?”

“What did you do this time Taehyun?”

“What did I do? Well ask that brother of yours! All of a sudden, he kept on accusing me of cheating on him when obviously, he’s smarter than that to know that if I were never serious about us I would have done that a long time ago, but unluckily for him, I’m serious with this relationship and I am not letting him off like this without any explanation!”

“Woah, calm down Taehyun. I know I haven’t told you about this but, I’m quite sure you are really serious with my brother, so could you please come here quickly ‘cause I don’t know how to make his tears stop and-”

Without even letting him finish his words, the line was cut and he could imagine the younger man putting his jacket in a hurry and forgetting about his looks for a while just to get close to them as soon as possible.

Until now he couldn’t believe that Seungyoon could bring out this caring and selfless side of Taehyun, that someone who thinks so highly of himself and get angry so easily could be calmed down and toned down by his brother who doesn’t care about fame that much.

Approaching him, he decided to let him snuggle on his side, remembering his story when they were young, that when his little brother was down or in pain, all it takes is a simple hug from him and he feels better.

Though now, Jinwoo knows that it takes more than that. That whatever pain he feels right now, it takes more than a brother’s presence to stop those stream of tears. This is one of those times that Jinwoo could see how much Seungyoon has grown up and he’s happy that he could spend more time now to watch over his brother’s growth in life.

“I’m not good enough for him hyung, and I know I will never be.”

“Don’t speak like that, and don’t think so low about yourself. His family and fame may have done so much to put him in that pedestal but you’re the one who helped him to stay in the ground and not get lost in that world. And he knows your worth as well so why are you doing this to yourself now?”

“But hyung… that is not enough, right? If I keep on pushing myself into his world, I’ll just drag him down and I don’t want that day to come when he’ll realize that himself. I don’t want him to push me away like that because-”

“So it’s fine if you’re the one who pushes him away like this? You’re both giving effort that I didn’t expect from the two of you, and you have been through those judging looks yet he didn’t let go of your hand, did he? So why are you being like this now? The only thing you’re doing now is hurt him and leave him blind and I know he’ll never leave you to be at peace until he understands it himself.”

After a few more minutes of him rocking his brother who’s still crying, he heard a knock on the door and he knows he need to give this time for them to be alone and talk things over before the small crack turns into something that could never be fixed.

“Just the right time, Yoon-ah, stay here and don’t think of escaping or you know what will happen. So behave yourself.”

“What do you me-”

“Seungyoon-ah!”

“You called h-”

“Shut up and just talk to him. I’ll just sleep over some friend’s house so take your time. Right, and no killing okay?”

Nodding towards Taehyun’s direction who is still shaking from the cold, he snatched his gray hoodie and moved out without looking back at the couple.

“Seung-”

“Please don’t do this. It’s better if-”

“Don’t you dare break up with me now, ‘cause I’m not allowing you until I’ve accepted your reason.”

He walked straight into the kitchen to pour himself a coffee and Seungyoon took this as a chance to run away for the second time, but hearing the words from his boyfriend, he decided to sit down in the sofa again, thinking of the right words to convince the other to let him go.

“Aren’t you kind of sneaky? Trying to run off somewhere again and escape my wrath. That is so not like you. My mom talked to you, didn’t she?”

“Of course not, why would she even try to interfere with us when she-”

“Yeah right, and you’re telling me you want to major in drama when you couldn’t even lie properly.”

“But it’s just right to make me see how long enough should I run until I catch up to you. Obviously, I can’t.”

“How many times have I told you to stop thinking about that?! I don’t care if they looked down on me or I don’t get the chance to be my mother’s heir anymore, ‘cause I had too much of that and now I feel like puking everything and if this is not enough proof that I love you more than my coat and shades collection I don’t know what to say anymore.”

By this time Taehyun is looking anywhere but Seungyoon, that the latter felt like laughing at his lover’s action if it weren’t for the fact that those words tugged some heartstrings that made him want to bawl again.

The younger of the two closed his eyes, feeling like crying as well for seeing that he might lose the chance of keeping his first real love. He kept his eyes and lips shut just to lengthen the time, to avoid hearing the words he’s seriously afraid at the moment, and waited for an approaching punch with his shirt grasped hard by the other. But sensing something weird for the punch to come so late, he opened his eyes and was shocked when he was pulled into a hug instead.

“I’m sorry… for doing this… for not trusting what’s with us… for being afraid to go on unlike you who’s so sure of this.”

“If you didn’t talk like that and if I weren’t on such a bad mood I would have already proposed to you right there and then, but oh well, let me prepare better plans for that.”

Deciding to not answer with words, Seungyoon thought that after all that they have done, this young man in front of him deserve a kiss.

And Taehyun, well, he’d always choose this way of reconciliation rather than a punch. And he realized something in his self, that for the first time, he had felt so much fear in losing someone. He doesn’t mind though if this man named Seungyoon keep on making him feel all kinds of first times in his life.

 

 

 “Jinu hyung?”

Waking up all of a sudden from his slumber, Jinwoo almost punched the other straight into his right eye if he didn’t recognize the face who kindly spent time with him earlier that day. He then realized where he is and felt so ashamed of himself that he decided to hide his face again and pretend to be asleep.

“You don’t have to be shy hyung… I just… I just never expect to find you sleeping here in a convenient store.”

“I didn’t expect too.”

His voice was muffled by the sleeves of his hoodie yet Seunghoon was sure he heard him right, and worrying of what really happened to the older one, he took the chance to buy him breakfast, if ever his taste buds were into the same choices of foods when they were much younger.

Minutes passed and sensing the absence of the other boy, Jinwoo decided to stand up and go home with another embarassing memory engraved in his mind if not for the same voice who called out to him. Dragging himself towards the counter, he didn’t mind about his appearance now knowing that he had already shown his embarassing self to the younger, whom he bet would realize that he’s been talking to the wrong person all this time. Someone as cool as Seunghoon wouldn’t have befriended someone like him before right?

“Here, for the free food this early morning. Let’s find a place to eat, I’m sure you need this to regain some strength seeing that it looks like you ‘ve had a rough time, had you?”

“You could say, it’s been such an unforgettable and stressful kind of morning for me. Oh, hot choco and cream puff?”

Nodding, Seunghoon laughed when the foods were quickly snatched from his hands and the person he was talking just a few seconds ago were already settled on a table in a corner, waving at him to follow suit.

“You’re really cute hyung.”

Realizing what he just said, Seunghoon immediately tried hiding his blush by drinking his own coffee rapidly before it could cool off, which didn’t help him at all for the scalded tongue.

“Seunghoon, here, drink up.”

Trying to avoid the strong gaze given to him, he took the bottle and drank bottoms up without looking at the older man. This too, didn’t help cooling him down after burping loudly that other customers have thrown their attention to the two as well.

“Why is this happening to me as early as today?”

“Don’t worry about it that much, since, I’m sure each one of us has his own lucky day, isn’t it?”

You’re still the same after all, being able to make me smile and at ease no matter how hard the day was.

“Hey, why are you grinning like that? It’s good that we’re the only ones who know that you’re kind of crazy, no one else needs to be informed about that.”

“Wow hyung, you just comforted me using those words, how nice of you.”

“Hyuuuung!”

Before he could even answer, Jinwoo was pulled into a bear hug yet he didn’t felt choked or anything negative, all he could think about is the same warmth and comfort that he’s been missing for weeks now. How he missed to bond with this guy, and be bothered all day and night because of his non-stop tales that wouldn’t fail to make the older laugh.

“Hyuuung, I knew it was the right decision to pass by here, see? We’re really connected.”

“Idiot. How’s business?”

“I just came here and that’s what you ask me? I’m hurt hyung.”

“You really are an idiot. By the way, Mino, here’s Seunghoon. Seunghoon, this is Mino.”

His hunger is enough to not let him notice the tension between the two men, which is better at the moment since he was already tired without having enough sleep after worrying for his brother and his brother’s lover.

“Since you’re here, why don’t you eat together with us?”

“Oh, you’re really kind hyung. Seunghoon, right?”

“Yes, I am Seunghoon.”

“I’m sorry, and I hope I don’t sound rude, but who are you?”

“Why, I almost forgot. Mino, Seunghoon here is a childhood friend of mine, I think.”

The last words were said in a hushed tone but the tanned man heard it well that if not for the presence of the older one, he would be already interrogating the lean guy in front of them.

“Think? You’re not sure? What do you mean hyung?”

“You see, it’s not like I’m already able to remember everything from my past, and he’s here to help. He’s a really nice guy and I hope the two of you get along well.”

Hearing these words, Seunghoon couldn’t help but smile widely knowing that his first true friend thinks well of him, and he’s not planning of ruining it anytime soon, that despite of his irritation for Mino, he’s willing to keep it in. His first goal is for the friendship to return anyways.

“How sure are you that he could be trusted Jinu hyung, Make sure you’re not lying or I’ll never forgive you.”

“Mino, stop it, he’s here to help me and-”

“Whatever you think about me, I don’t care, since I’m here for Jinwoo hyung, for him alone. You’re not included in the picture.”

“So that’s what he calls nice? What kind of a nice person answers back that way, huh?”

“Could you please stop!? Both o f you! Aish, I don’t know anymore, I’ll just go home.”

“Let me bring you home then so-”

“Why does it need to be you who-”

“Just go wherever you want to go! I can go home by myself so don’t try to follow me.”

Looking at the two threateningly, Jinwoo walked out the store, leaving his breakfast and two disappointed hearts. Though he has no idea what effect he does to these guys.

On the other hand, he doesn’t have any idea as well about the two pair of eyes watching over him, both excited and worried about what would happen next.

“I’m telling you, he looks better with Mino. I mean, look, an innocent looking guy with that bad looking one is a-”

“Oh common, Seunghoon and Jinwoo really look cute together, smiling couple, isn’t it nice? That’s better than whatever manga story you’re imagining right now.”

“Whatever, I’m betting that he’ll be with Mino in the end.”

“Bring it on then.”

 

 

You said you always thought of me

And that you’d do anything for me

You said let’s love

As if today is the last day

 

*Anyone who guessed what's the song I used for this? I know, where's the proper minwoo or jinhoon moment together, but I just wanted to build them up first, and for the kangnam couple to have their time as well, 'cause I adore those two as well. I hope you'll be patient until the next update!

*Lovelots to you, and free hugs for all.

#minwoo.or.jinhoon