The Prom

You Don't Know Me

Selina woke up today with much excitement in her heart.Today is there Senior Prom and yes finally she was able to make Jiro come and be her partner.Last year Prom was like nothing,anyway they just are junior then,but now they are senior and pretty soon,they are going to graduate.She knows that this is the most important thing in their senior life apart from their graduation.

She got an appointment in the parlor this afternoon.She definitely wants to be beautiful tonight and she is leaving it the professionals to fix her right tonight.Somehow tonight,she feels that it is now or never  between her and Jiro.She closed her eyes at the thought,and said a little prayer,as she crossed her fingers.

"Please God,please,make it happen tonight." Selina said out aloud...

"And what was that?" as Ella barged in her room."I have been calling you on your cell phone and you are not answering."

"As you can see,I am very busy." Selina said,as she pouts at her friend.

"Busy with what? Praying for tonight?" Ella said."Selina what is on your mind ?You better tell me."

"Nothing,and it is not for you to know.So are you ready to go?" Selina asked.

"I have been waiting for you for hours already." Ella said."Aiyo,if you are not my cousin,I should have dumped you as a friend."

"Selina smiled."I know you love me and you are not gonna do it.And you don't have a choice at all." as she took Ella's shoulder and dragged her out of her room.

Selina looked at herself in the mirror.And she liked what she saw.She had her hair up with a little tendrils on the side.She reapplied the red lipstick and then for the last touches,she dabbed a perfume on her wrist and her earlobes.And soon enough the doorbell rang....as she took a deep breathe and crossed her fingers..."This is it." as she told herself.

Jiro went in as he  has this sheepish grin in his face.To say that he felt awkward and uncomfortable is understated.He was wearing this tuxedo that Selina insisted that he wear for tonight.She helped him picked the right one for tonight. And yes tonight,he cleaned up good,shaved and had a haircut just for the occasion,And yes he had a perfume too from his Dad's collections.Selina's Mom smiled at him and then Selina's Dad came out from somewhere.

"Ah there you are,You looked handsome tonight Dadong,good enough for my pretty Selina." he said. as he smiled at him.

Jiro has this box in his hand .It is a flower that his Mom has insisted to give to Selina.He doesn't know any of these things.She even insisted in pinning those flowers on his clothes.That is why he hates dressing up and going to prom,there are so may rules and so many traditions to follow.

Selina came down as Jiro looked up as she descended the stairs. He was quite surprised when she saw her.She was all dolled up for the night.She was wearing a light pink gown,that made her looked like an angel ,a maiden from one of those Greek mythologies.She could be Athena,the Greek Goddess of Beauty for the night.,he thought.he could feel her heart beating so fast and yes so loud for him,as he took a deep breath.He will have a hard time containing himself tonight.

He smiled as he took her hand as she was on her last step of the stairs.His eyes never leaving her face.Selina smiled back.Seeing the way Jiro looked at her,she was hopeful and she can see the adoration in his eyes tonight.

"So what do you think?" she asked."I look good enough for you tonight?"

"Beautiful,You are just beautiful.Good enough for a handsome guy like me." he said as he laughed."I have something for you." as he gave the box to her.

"Oh,it is beautiful.Thank you." Selina said,as she tried to open the box and her hands was trembling as Jiro tried to help her open the box,and noticed that his hands are trembling too,as he put the flowers to her wrist.Selina smiled to herself.He is nervous too,just like me...she thought.

"Come on let us take your picture first before your ride gets here." Selina's Mom said.

And soon enough,they were taking pictures,both of them together,holding each other.Selina's mom even asked Jiro to put his hand on Selina's waist.he could not say anything.He feels so weird touching Selina that way...it made him more nervous..touching her that way,and in front of her parents.

"Dadong come on,don't be too shy.Hold Selina and move alittle bit closer,like you really like her and not mad or angry at her.." Selina's Mom said as she gave instructions on how the two of them should be and laughed at the two of them,as they struggled to their poses.

Luckily,the limo arrived as they bade Selina's parents goodbye.They will be sharing the ride with their friends ,and then they will go somewhere after the prom with their friends.Tonight,Selina got jiro all to herself,and thank God,no Tiffany after the party and so she only has to contain with Rainie ,but she will be too preoccupied with Mike..and she doesn't have to worry about her...as she looked at her partner...