You Don't Know Me

You Don't Know Me

The water with it's colorful lights,danced with the music,as Selina watched it with a childlike wander,with her eyes all focus on the dancing water,as Jiro watched her with an amusement in his eyes.There were crowds of people around them,as the voices and noises drowned with the music.

It is an early part of spring,as the sun is up and temperature is on the rise.They were in the front of the park ,where people are watching the water show.Selina and Jiro was walking in the park that afternoon.The school has just finished for the day.They were both senior in high school and they were neighbors.

Their houses stood just in front of the park,and they often go here eversince they were young.This is there playground.The place where they both grew up.They have a lot of fun memories in the playground.

"Selina,you have seen that for a hundred times and yet you are still so into it." as he laughed at her.

"But it is still very beautiful.I love the movement of water as they danced with the music.And I love the mist on my face,it cools me down." Selina said."So are you coming with me in the dance?"

"I don't know yet.I am not really a party person.I don't like dancing at all ,I rather sleep than go to a party." he said.

"You are such a dork.But I want you  to go with me in the dance,I think it will be fun." she said.

"I think going to a dance with a girl,is so mushy.I rather play with my games and computer." he said.

"Eventhough the girl is your bestfriend?Come on Jiro,you have to go with me.I don't have any partner." she said as she frown and with a downcast look.

"Why don't you go with Alan?He asked you out isn't he?" he said.

"Alan,you got to be kidding.I think he is erted." she said with a big eyes."He always looked at me in a weird way.I am scared of him. God knows what is in his mind and what will he be doing to me in the dance."

"Maybe what in his mind is just dancing,what else? He just likes you,that's why he is looking at you that way." he said,as he smiled and ."Come on give the guy a chance."

"No way,he always have this naughty grin in his face,whenever I passed by.I just hate it " Selina said."Come on Jiro,you just have to go with me,and protect your friend from a bad guy like him."

Jiro just smiled at her.He has known her since they were young.They have been friends ,really close friends.They played together,shared lunch together,dreamed of the world together.And yes they have so many things in common,shared their laughter together  and supported each other in times of grief,He can tell her everything about himself and she tells him everything about herself.But the only thing that he cannot tell her is what he truly feel for her right now.

He has learned to love Selina over the years that he has known her.She is his first love.The first time,he really felt something for a girl.And yet ,he is afraid to tell her.He gets tounguetied everytime he tried to start telling her about his feelings.He gets nervous and yet very  lost in front of her when he stared at her..And Selina knew him enough ,if there is  something  in him,so he tried to cover up his feelings for her. He doesn't want her to know .And lately he is trying to withdraw from her a little bit for he doesn't want to be obvious.He is sure that Selina will laugh at him once she knew of his feelings,or worse,she might get mad at him,for falling for her,after trusting him with her secrets and everything..And he really doesn't want her to get mad at him.he doesn't want to lose her trust.

"I don't know,let me think about it." he said.

"It is not fair that I am the one asking you.You should be the one asking me and pleading with me." Selina said.

"And who said that ,it is always the boy who should be asking the girl  out ? It is modern times now.And I really don't want to go anyway.." he said.

"Yeah,you already told me that.But I want you to be my partner.And it is something that we can do together.I will make sure that it is gonna be a memorable one for both of us." Selina said with a smile."I am sure ,you will look good in tuxedo."

"Who says about dressing up and in a tux,no way ,It pretty uncomfortable.I think you are going overboard." he said.

"No everybody will be dressing up that night.So you have to be on your best too.Don't worry,I ' ll take care of everything." she said as she laughed.

"I am not saying yes yet." Jiro said.

"I just knew that you are going to say yes.You cannot say no to your best friend." as Selina giggled.

Jiro scratched his head,wondering when did he fell into this predicament. Selina just knew him and she just knew how to twist his arms around,to suit her.

"And yes starting tomorrow,we have to practice dancing.For I don't want you stepping on my toes during the prom." she said.

"And who said about dancing.If i am coming , I am not going to dance at all." he said.

"What is a senior prom without dancing?Waaah,Dadong,you are learning to dance and you are going to dance with me." she said.

"No way missy.If you want me in the prom,then we are not dancing." he said."That is crossing the line over there."

"Let see about that." as she looked at him with a grin and a smile in her face....