Chapter 2

The Story of The Fallen

Hyuk’s pov

I woke up with a stinging headache, a little pain on my stomach. As I open my eyes I could see no light, the place is dark, I could only see faint lines of the very few furniture. The place smells rotten and old; the stench is making my headache worse. I tried to sit up only to realize I was on an old bed, sheets dirty, pillows need washing up and at the foot of thebed sat the man I last see before Ifaint. My sense starts to come back to me, he’s the man!! The ever so mysterious fallen, I could clearly see his face despite the darkness surrounding us. He’s young, a bit untidy, though he looks serene there are serious lines gracing his handsome face. Icautiously move near him just then he realizes im awake and he flinch, standing up immediately, his facial changing from calm to alert.

“Hey! Where is this?” I asked him,faking the bravery of my voice. He didn’t answer me, “where am i? who are you? are you the fallen?” I asked him again.

No answer at all. This is so frustrating.

“It’s a wrong move bringing you here.” He finally found his voice to answer me. I stared at him waiting for more. “this is a mistake, I’ll take you back tomorrow but you have to promise me that you’ll tell no one about my place.” My eyes widen in shock, he’s releasing me, just like that? “oh, this is so stupid, of course you’ll tell the police.” He said, frustration lacing in his voice.

I don’t know what happened to me but when I saw the frustration and worry written on his face all I want is to erase it so I shouted “no!! I won’t tell anyone about this place! I swear!”

He snorts, “why am I going to believe you, I must be really stupid for bringing you here but im not stupid to trust a news writer.”

I bugged my eyes in annoyance “then why did you even had the idea of releasing me? you ing.” I didn’t know where mycourage to speak those words to him came from; maybe his aura makes me a little bit comfortable towards him, strange.

“I know you, you’ve been following me, wanting me to be the piece of of your story. You’re also that chief of police pain in the . I heard him once said to keep away from my case and here you are in my hide out because you are so goddamn stubborn. And the idea of releasing you I just a joke, I just want to see how you would react. You didn’t fail me, as expected, you are easy.” He said with a little laugh.

“I AM NOT EASY!” I shouted. Displease painted on my face. And I hear him laugh again, which annoys me despite the factthat his soft laugher brings a littlelightweight in my heart.

“sure. So what should I do with you? since I couldn’t just let you go I guess I should cut your tongue or better yet, cut your life.So what do you think is better?”

I gulp. “I won’t tell the police.”

“let’s see, ok. Even if you won’t tell the police I still have to change place because for sure you’ll be barging in here to annoyme and get s out of my life for your story which is I don’t really want, changing location forme would be very inconvenient.”

“please don’t kill me.” I said because the last part of his statement is what im kinda thinking about.

“let me think about it.” then he walks away, locking the door of the stinking room. I sighed and lie back to the bed; I closed my eyes and tried to hold on to my senses. My hands wanting to hold, literally, the hopeI have around my neck but then there’s none.

Silence.

HE ING TOOK MY NECKLACE!!! The only thing that gives me hope!!! My cross-shaped pendant!! THE BASTARD ING STOLE MY NECKLACE! I jump out of the bed and knock violently on the door. “ YOU FALLEN!! GIVE ME BACK MY NECKLACE!!” and my voice start to shake, tears pooling at thecorner of my eyes. I can’t lose it. That’s the last thing my parents gave me before they die.

End of pov

00000

“is this the korea daily news?” kyuhyun ask on the phone.

“yes it is, who’s this?”

“this is the police, I would like to have a word with your boss regarding on of your writers named eunhyuk.”

“ok, the boss is not around, what happened to eunhyuk sir? “ the worry on the man’s voice can’t bemistaken.

“he was….”

“he was? Oh god! Cut the crap and tell me what happened to hyuk?”

“he was kidnapped by the fallen. But we’re doing our very best to find him and get him back alive.”

The line was silent of words but the sobbing was continuous and it’s starting to annoy kyuhyun so he decided to end the call before the other line goes hysterical. “I’llcall you for updates.” He hangs up.

“eunhyuk, eunhyuk, eunhyuk you sure is pain in the .”

00000

The fallen returned with a tray of canned soup in his hands, he put it at the bedside table and speak “I may be a thief but Im still a good host, so eat now my guest!”and snorted.

Eunhyuk gets up and throws dagger glances towards the fallen. “I hate you!”

“ohhhh, I know that.”

“I hate you! I hate you! I hate you! now I know why they call you fallen! Because you’re evil and no fit as an angel! You thief!!I hate you! I hate you! I hate you! now I know why they call you fallen! Because you’re evil and no fit as an angel! You thief!!I hate you!... please give me back my necklace.” Eunhyuk cried standing in front of the fallen giving small punches on the guy’s chest.

“hey! Hey! What necklace are youtalking about?” the fallen suddenly said.

“the one I was wearing last night.It has cross pendant.”

“I didn’t took it.”

“you’re lying! Give it back to me!”

“im not lying! I didn’t took it.” seriousness in his voice but eunhyuk won’t get fooled. Eunhyuk sat don on the bed. His back facing the fallen. “hey! You should eat.”

“im not eating until you return my necklace.” Eunhyuk replied stubbornly.

The fallen snorted “and who are you scaring? I don’t really care if you won’t eat. In the end I’ll kill you it would be better for me if you die on your own. Go on and starve.”

“I want my necklace.” Eunhyuk last said and close his eyes, ignoring the grumbling in his stomach. He could be stubborn if he like.

The fallen just stared at him in amusement, “fine.” You’re one of a kind.