chapter 4

The Story of The Fallen

“hey are you sleeping?” eunhyuk hears the fallen’s voice despite the loud thumping of his heart. He snuggles tighter on his blanketas a sign that he’s wide awake. The deepening of the edge of thebed signals that someone adds weight on the mattress.

“what do you want?” eunhyuk ask sulkily trying to ignore the fluttering feeling in his heart.

“why so grumpy?”

“im trying to sleep.”

“oh I see you’re getting comfy in here.”

“shut up! As if I have choice but make my self comfortable.” Eunhyuk doesn’t know what’s going on inside him, he could feelflutters in his stomach as if thousands of butterflies where flying in there.

“ohh~ so sound like a grumpy wife sulking because his husbandgot home late. C’mon wifey.” The fallen not knowing the effect of his words he has on the other.

“I said shut up!” the red head shouts, his face blushing beet red contrasting the color of his fiery hair. Just then he feels the bed move, the space near him deepening and an arm suddenly surrounds his waist sending electricity down his spine. “wh-what are you doing? Get your hand off me!” he demanded.

“shhhh~ I want to sleep too.” the fallen said, his face nuzzling on the eunhyuk’s nape and his arms tightening on the waist bringing eunhyuk’s back closer, closer to his chest.

“back off, give me a little space.” Eunhyuk wriggle his unconsciously grinding on the other’s crouch. Eunhyuk feels how the man hugging him stiffens.

“stop grinding on me.”

“I.AM.NOT.GRINDING.ON.YOU.” he stops moving as he screams emphasizing every word.

“so what are you doing a while ago? Seducing me? trying to get laid are we?”

“WHAT?!!”

“you want me don’t you?” and the fallen chuckles.

“thick-faced, not even in my dreams.”

“oh, then why are you so hot all of a sudden? Face me and im sureyou’re blushing dead on.”

“why would I face you? you might just take advantage of my innocence.” He heard the fallen snort.

There was silence, but unlike before, tonight it was comfortable. But eunhyuk just have to break the ice to ask “you smell like alcohol. Did you drink?”

“uhmmm. A little.” He feels him nod on his nape; it was the time he turns around and faces the fallen.

“you stink.”

“you love it though.”

“huh?! Humor me.”

“stop talking. I thought you wanted to sleep.”

“I do, but you stink and your smell is giving me headache.” Eunhyuk put his hands in the other’s chest trying to push him off. “I didn’t know you tend to be touchy feely when you’re drunk.”

The fallen doesn’t answer him butdiverted the topic. “I found your necklace.”

With all his force eunhyuk push him self up in a sitting position. “really? Where?”

“in the bratty chief’s possession.”The answer was simple.

Eunhyuk sighs in relief. Kyuhyun has it. he smiled.

“stop smiling like an idiot. And lie down.” Eunhyuk lied down and feel the arm pulling him to the hug again this time they’re face to face. “hmmm~ you are so soft.” he heard the other moan.

Hearing that eunhyuk blush again, and just then he realized how hard the other’s body was, may be because of pressure and work. Living in a place like this, hiding to the police, and not knowing who you are, where you from might cause him to be this hard. eunhyuk thought remembering the journal he just read. “you’re so stiff.” He said unconsciously.

“ohh~ is it too obvious? But it’s not even touching you.”

The fallen doesn’t make sense buta little later eunhyuk realized what he was trying to say, he screamed “ERT! IM NOT TALKING ABOUT YOUR HARD ON!”

“oh I thought it was my you’re referring.” He chuckled.

“ert! ert! Let me go!” eunhyuk hits the fallen on the chest repeatedly.

“hey! Hey! Stop! That hurts! Ouch! Stop it or I’ll kiss you!” hearing those last words eunhyuk stops hitting him and covers his lips with both his hands. “much better. Now sleep.”

00000

“sir, we found a lead to where the fallen might be.” One of the police reported.

“really? That’s good. Spill it.” kyuhyun was having his usual breakfast, hot chocolate and pretzel when one of his officers knocks on his office’ door and smiled at him.

“last night, there was an attack near the town central. A witness saw it and made a run after the fallen and he said he entered a dark alley near the subway. They have this gut feel his place was near.”

“good. Have you checked?” he asked biting on his pretzel.

“not yet sir.”

“then what are you doing just standing there?” kyuhyun asked with a hint of annoyance in his tone.

“we’ll be on our way sir.” Said thecop, gulping.

“go!” he shouts as the troop salutes.

00000

Eunhyuk woke up with the smell of the instant coffee, rubbing his eyes to adjust with the light he found himself staring at the bedside table and the coffee on top of it. he took the cup of coffee and notice the piece of paper on top of the table as well.

I’ll be out wifey

Eunhyuk snorted. Wifey? Seriously? First he called me an angel, then now wifey? What is he? Gay? Despite the snort eunhyuk can’t hide the feeling he was having, his heart was in for arandom flipping so early in the morning. May be he put something in my coffee causing me to feel this way. Eunhyuk was about to go back tosleep when he hears the door open revealing a panting thief. “hey! What’s with the panting?” he asked.

“they’re coming!” the fallen said with worry written on his face.

“who’s coming?”

“the cops. I don’t know how they found my place. But they’re coming. I should go.”

“it wasn’t me.”

“what?”

“it wasn’t me who told them.”

The fallen laughs, “I know. You don’t have any means of telling them. must be because of last night’s attack.” He replied taking abig bag from under the bed and packing his very little amount of things.

“what are we going to do then?” eunhyuk asked.

The fallen stops what he’s doing and looks at eunhyuk. “im changing place.”

“how about me?”

“just be here. They won’t hurt you. I kidnapped you remember?”

“but i..”

“im returning you. I can’t bring you with me. I should weigh the consequences. It’ll be hard for meto escape if I have you with me.” he replied as he continue packing.

Eunhyuk froze, why is he not happy?

“yeah, I’ll be a burden.”

The fallen stops packing again looking at eunhyuk, his eyes reading the expression painted on eunhyuk’s face. “why is your face like that? Ohh I know, you have fallen for me and now you can’t live with out me.” he teases trying to bring up the atmosphere. Eunhyuk remains silent though. “hey!” the fallen sits beside eunhyuk the moment he gets no response but just the bowing of the head. He puts his hand on eunhyuk’s shoulder. And realized the little vibrations, he was crying, but why? “hey! Are you hurt? Why are you crying?”

Eunhyuk looks up at him, his face,tear-stained “am I a burden?”

“what?”

“im a burden. You don’t want me because im a burden.” Eunhyuk cried harder, he doesn’t know why but hearing the fallen say that he would leave him he was sad out of his wit.

“! You’re not a burden but you can’t expect me to take you with me. aren’t you happy im freeing you now?”

The fallen was right, eunhyuk must be happy because he’s free and he’s alive but…he’s not. “I don’t know.” He said.

“don’t tell me you’re attached already? I know im handsome and full of charisma but hell! Are you gay?”

“gay? Oh yeah said the man who called me angel and took me home because he likes me and hugged me last night and told mehe would kiss me.” eunhyuk said out of frustration not noticing hiswords are giving him off. “what?” he asked when he saw how the fallen stares at him oh shoot, I slipped.

“you read my journal didn’t you?” the fallen asked, his face free from any expression.

“I.. I didn’t mean to. It was…”

“I should have known, you’re a journalist, you tend to be nosy and invade people’s privacy.”

“I said I didn’t mean to. But if you’re really mad, just punish me.take me with you.” eunhyuk said,as his tears continue cascading down his cheeks.

“seriously? Why would I give you the pleasure of being with me? I should kill you.”

“then kill me! kill me if that’s what you want!” eunhyuk bow his head and cried, why is he so sad?Why is he so broken? Why is he so attached to him, not even knowing who he really is, not knowing anything about him at all aside from what he has read? Eunhyuk froze when he feels someone hovering him, he’s so mad at me he’ll kill me and here I am crying out of frustration because I think I like him. eunhyuk why are you so stupid. The body on top of him is moving closer to him, the lack of personal space is suffocating him,he inhaled. He feel a hand on his chin tilting his head to look up and what happened next surprised him. His lips melted with the other, his breath hitching at the realization that he’s being kissed. He doesn’t know what to do, his heart is confusing him, this guy on top ofhim is confusing him so he closedhis eyes and think. But his brain is not working, he was blank all he could think of is how their lips mold perfectly, how soft the other’s lips feel against his. How sweet the other taste and how his head is spinning as his lungs lack air. he feels his arm move to wrap around the guy’s neck, pulling him to deepen their kiss. Every second was intoxicating. Every bit and every nibble on his lips is causing his world to spin ina very beautiful way. He doesn’t know how long have been they kissing, he doesn’t care either. All he knows is they’re perfect.

Hesitantly they pulled apart, panting and face red as a tomato they look at each other. the fallen’s hand are cupping his face.“I have to go.”

“but.” The fallen smiled and peck him onthe lips before getting up. And taking the four journals out of the drawer before headingback to where eunhyuk is. “here, take this. Write it, publish it. this isthe break you have been waiting for.”

“I can’t. you said it your self, it’s your privacy.”

The fallen smiled and peck him on the lips again, “no, publishing thiswill do me a favor as well. I know you’ve read this. And you know much about me. that I can’t remember who I really am, that I was in search. Publishing this might give me answer. May be people who know who I am will be able to read it. this would be sort of an ad. You help me find who I am, I help you get your promotion. We Will both benefit.”

Realizing the point, eunhyuk tookthe journals out if the fallen’s hand and hugs it on his chest. “I’lldo my best.”

“I know you’ll do.” He smiled. “im running out of time, your bratty chief is coming. I have to go.”

The fallen was about to stand up and leave when eunhyuk pulled on his sleeve and giving him a peck on the lips, it was supposed to be quick but the fallen bit on eunhyuk’s bottom lip and asked for entrance which he allowed immediately.

“we’ll see each other again.” Eunhyuk whispered when they both let go. The fallen runs out of the room just a few minutes before the cops arrive. And eunhyuk know he’s out on the safer side now.

00000

The fallen runs fast clutching on his bag. He run passed the police station and realized he has to get something valuable. He looks around and when he’s sure that the coast is clean he made his way inside the chief’s office through the window. He smiles ashe saw a picture of a young eunhyuk on the desk. He opened the desk drawer and smiled wider when he realized it wasn’t locked, picking up a box he opened it and saw a chain necklace with a cross pendant hanging on hit, I’ll take this with me. he put it safely on his pocket and run out through the window again, With the necklace and eunhyuk’s picture. Let’s see how kyukyu will react.

00000

tweet me at @haehyuks if you have questions or you can also leave it as a comment.