chapter 3

The Story of The Fallen

“do you have any lead?” kyuhyun asked his panting subordinates while playing with the silver chain in his hands, staring at the cross pendant dangling in its end.

“no reports of attacks since that night, chief, sorry.” One of the police wearing casual clothing replied, trying to catch his breath.

“fine, just continue searching.” Kyuhyun waves his hand signaling the troop to go away. “damn you eunhyuk, I told you tostop interfering and here you arekidnapped by that fallen. When will you ing listen to me?” kyuhyun self retorted gripping the necklace very tight on his hands.

Eunhyuk and him are friends, very close friends. Their parents are very close, thus making them close since childhood, he was the very reason why did kyuhyun took criminology and become a police. It was because he wanted to protect eunhyuk since the profession eunhyuk took as a journalist would be really dangerous. Kyuhyun did everything to protect him. to warn him about the criminals, and give eunhyuk articles to write.

Eunhyuk is such a brave soul, even how much kyuhyun warn him, he would always appear beside the police and took pictures or information.

He wouldalways sit on kyuhyun’s desk chatting and milking the police with confidential data, bribing every police in kyuhyun’s department with his gummy smiles and sweets which he oftenhave right in his pockets, A very childish characteristic despite the very brave intention.

Gripping is hair in annoyance, kyuhyun tucked the silver chain on his pocket. He stood up and went to the parking lot to gethis car and go on patrol.

“why are you always making me worry?” he said as he feel the necklace on his pocket before he zooms out of the station.

00000

Eunhyuk is now sitting on the edge of the dirty bed staring hungrily at the innocent can of soup. I won’t eat until he returns my necklace. Touching his stomach eunhyuk rolls back to bed. Stupid stomach, stupid fallen.Ughhhh~~ but wait. I can’t starve myself, I need my necklace, I have to be strong to fight the fallen. Convincing his self well enough eunhyuk gets up and took the ever so tasty soup. He quickly drowns the contents, coughing as the the door open revealing the fallen eyeing him with malice. “what are you looking at?”

The fallen snorted. “I thought youwon’t eat?”

“I have to eat so I have strength to whine over my necklace.” Eunhyuk wipes his mouth with the back of his hand his eyes not leaving the fallen.

“seriously?”

“do I look like I’m joking?”

“no. you, yourself is a joke already.”

“ you.” then there’s the annoying little hiccups. “*hick!**Hick!*” ing hiccups, how willhe take me seriously if im having hiccups?

“you need water?” the fallen inquires with a little teasing.

“I *hick* don’t *hick* … give me the ing water! *hick**hick*!” the fallen hands him a bottle of water which eunhyuk took immediately and drunk. “why are you laughing?”

“that’s a very stupid question you know. Of course im laughing because you’re funny.”

“im not.”

“fine.”

Silence.

“give me my necklace.” Eunhyuk said laying out his hands.

“so stubborn. I told you, I don’t have it.” then the fallen gets out of the room.

Eunhyuk sulks in the bed, how could he not have it, for all I know it’s the necklace he wants from me because it’s the only valuable thing I have… well aside from my ity. Asgjlfshgjls. Eunhyuk what are you thinking? Eunhyuk ruffles his hair in frustration. He looks around and found a drawer beside the door. He stood up and decided to take apeek. He opens the first drawer and found a few amount of dollars and other jewelries, he tried to look for his necklace but it’s not there. He closed it and opens the middle drawer.

Clothes, not here.

He opens the last drawer and found a four thick notebooks, each containing years in the frontcover, and some pens. He picks one written 2009 in the cover, hesquints his eyes and read the contents, later then he realized it was a journal.

October 18 2009

It’s been three days since I last ate, well as long as I could remember. Im aware of the dates,October 15, I woke up in the dumpster, though I have no clueswho I am, where did I came from and what really happened. I am as clueless as a child, it’s just amazing I still know how to write and spell properly.

October 19 2009

Im hungry, I don’t know where toget food. I found something in the garbage can and ate it. it’s gross, I know but who am I to ask. I am no body. This is so annoying.

October 20 2009

Why am I writing? I don’t know. I have no idea. Where did I get thisnotebook and pens? I found them in a bag beside me when I woke up, whoever left these he should have know I need food more than these junks.

October 21 2009

I can’t take this anymore, there’re no foods in the dumpsters. I musteat, I must survive.im so sorry.

October 22 2009

Im having a feast out of someoneelse’s money.

Eunhyuk’s eyes are bugging out. These notebooks are the fallen’s journal. Several emotions are boiling up inside him. the discovery he found, this is what he wanted. These journals, these are the best he information, first hand information written by the fallen himself. hugging the journal he frowned, what will he do with all of this? If the fallen knows he reads them he’ll die in no time, he won’t be in need of this information in his current position but there’s something that’s forcing him to continue reading, to know more about the fallen.

And just then he opens the journal again and starts reading.

00000

Donghae is sitting on his usual spot in the pub, eyeing for the police, waiting for some news about the chief.

“I don’t know what’s wrong with chief, he was never really interested with the fallen before.”Donghae overheard the police in casual clothing drinking in the nearby table.

“I think it’s because of the newspaper reporter, that lee eunhyuk guy.” donghae heard another one.

“yeah, seeing how he fondles and look at the guy’s necklace he found in the crime scene, I think he’s inlove with that guy. chief is ing frustrated he’s shouting at everyone.”

Donghae’s ears perk up hearing the word necklace. So the monkey is not hallucinating, he does wear a necklace and it’s in that bratty chief’s possession. Donghae thought as he gulps his tequila.

“whoever the fallen is he better make sure he won’t hurt the pretty guy or else the chief wouldthrow tantrums and get us all knock out.”

Donghae snorts as hehear the frustrated grunts of the police.

Eunhyuk is forever interesting.

00000

Eunhyuk is now reading the journal with 2012 in it, tons of emotions building up his heart. But there’s this emotion he can’t name, is it pity? Sympathy? Love?... wait!? Love? He must be insane, why would he fall in love just by reading his journal? He’s crazy.

January 4 2012

This is funny, I came a cross someone who could passed as an angel. Lee eunhyuk, korea daily newspaper.

On the same page is a newspaperclipping of his photo, it was the announcement of his candidacy in the editor-in-chief position. Eunhyuk shivers in excitement and other feelings he can’t name. He continues reading.

February 9 2012

Found the angel on the chief of police’ desk. He’s so cute whining like a child to his father. Oh shoot~ I think the bratty chief saw me staring. Goodbye angel.

Eunhyuk blushes. Damn.

February 24 2012

I took home the angel by impulse.I have the angel by my side. Why is he so cute? And he’s whining as always.

February 25 2012

the angel lost his necklace, and he won’t eat. I sound so love sick but all I want is to bring him back. Though, I have no strength. I’m such a coward. Sorry angel.

. . . Eunhyuk, why are you so happy?

Eunhyuk hear footsteps nearing so he closed the journal and return it in the drawer then run to his bed and covers himself with the blanket. His face burningin deep red, his heart thumping in excitement. Why is he so happy?