Savage

Monster

Evolution like this was natural, he knew. His instincts knew his new abilties better than he did and it would take some proper time to interact with them before he could call on them at will, so for now, he let his body handle itself. 

He had anticipated that he would kill everyone in the room, but found that his only real desire was to escape this forsaken place. He rumbled at them, his dominance and power reaching even their own subdued and repressed instincts, making them properly cower. 

He could flee now, his back covered from the hail of bullets and he wasn't interested in wasting time with what was left of the helpless creatures, letting the dead rot and the living to suffer. This was not his fight, his war, no matter what sympathies they evoked in him.

He ran, eyes alight in their natural gold. His body seemed to know the layout of the complex, working through the intricate hallways and navigating him up to a pathway that ran above his maze. It seemed to go on endlessly and for a moment, anger rushed through him. Human lifetimes he'd spent here, idling in the most profound of nothingness and it made his pride sting. But now was not the time for pride, which he had abandoned a long time ago. He took off running again, the endless caverns and casams of the facility looming beyond him. He was halted, though, by a creature rushing towards him. 

It was one of the wretches, a completed victim of the Human Ward it seemed, rushed towards him, claws and fangs barred. He barred his fangs in return, dodging around its mindless attack and slamming into it with his back, letting it claw at the cream fur. He pinned the monster against the wall, making sure to daze it, before spinning around and slashing out its throat with his new talons. It gargled, flailing out at him, but he cut off its hands, letting the thing slide down the wall. 

Another growl, from a proper one of his kind, echoed down the hall and he swung around to face the other. It was a weaker thing and he advanced on the coming demon. It was a short match, his instincts too strong inside his body for the other to override. He tore the other to pieces, letting its body fall to the floor. He rumbled thick and heavy, hearing the lesser beings scatter inside their mazes underneath him. 

The light of a window was not too distant from him and he took off, freedom his only objective. 


Seungri awoke in something that looked like a massive concrete maze, if it had been left to rot for a couple of centuries. There were rumbles and growls echoing down all around him and he skittered back into a wall, terrified to make any noise lest whatever in this prison with him come looking for him.

"Welcome, Mr. Lee."

Seungri's head snapped up to the ceiling, but there were no visible PA systems. His heart stilled in his chest and he sincerely wished he'd have just followed Daesung when he left, not just let him go out on his own. 

"I see you're finding your time here enjoyable." There was a bitter laugh and Seungri wanted to punch whoever was talking. "Welcome to Facility 78's BNF7 maze. I'm sure you've heard them, but there are various demons loosed in this maze with you and it is only a matter of time before they find you. It is unfortunate that someone such as yourself has been put in such an undesirable situation. Pity, then, that neither you nor I can find him, or he might be able to save you. My only advice for you, Mr. Lee, is to not stop running. Your scent is scattered through the maze now, but as the days wear on, it will wear away and they are very good hunters. Unfortunate for you that Daesung has left you here to die."

Seungri's heart was pounding in his chest and he desperately wanted to cry. He stood up on his shaking limbs, trying to sort through the urges of terror and panic to think clearly and logically enough to survive. They had to be after Daesung, there was nothing else to it. They wanted him or needed him for something and weren't able to find him, vanished onto the wind. If they thought Seungri was valuable enough bait to give him the chance of dying, then they had to know Daesung would come for him. 

He hoped.