The Second of the Last Seven Days: OnSica's First Couple Fight

당신과 함께 재연 (An Encore With You)

Key was massaging Jonghyun's shoulders.

"How come whenever we do something good, we are always the one suffering?" Jonghyun complained.

Key chuckled, "You are just too nice to refuse Taeyeon-sshi."

Minho then went to the living room with the orange juice that Jonghyun requested. 

"Here, hyung," Minho said.

"Gomawo," Jonghyun said, "Haa...If nothing happens for our hyung, I will seriously complain and nag at Taeyeon and Hyoyeon."

"Shhh," Minho said, "If Taemin hears you..."

Jonghyun nodded. He then said, "Minho-yah...How did you break-up with Eunseo?"

Minho looked at Jonghyun and said, "Eunseo...Son Eunseo-noona?"

Jonghyun nodded. Key and Minho asked together, "Wae?"

Suddenly, the dorm lock beeped. The three SHINee members just acted naturally when their leader went in.

"Why are all of you still awake? Especially you two donggap chingu?" Onew asked.

Jonghyun was the one who answered. "I woke them up to massage me and make me orange juice."

Onew did notice that Jonghyun was as tired, if not more tired, than him. 

"What did you do the whole day?" Onew asked.

Jonghyun dismissed his leader's question and instead said, "Hyung, you better rest."

Onew nodded. He was really tired, physically and emotionally. He said, "I'll rest now. You three also...Wait, do you have schedules tomorrow?"

The three nodded. However, they actually cleared their schedules tomorrow to be part of Hyoyeon's mission group. 

"Arasseo, jal ja," Onew greeted s a good night and then went to his room. 

"Now, back to you, Minho," Jonghyun said to Minho, "How did you break-up with Eunseo-sshi?"

"Why are you asking?" Minho asked back.

Jonghyun said what Hyoyeon shared to him. The two other two SHINee members then asked together, "Will...Will this really be helping hyung?"

Jonghyun answered, "If you have any other good ideas, tell us tomorrow."

 

Jinki just went out of the shower when his phone rang. Seeing the one making a video call, he did not even bother to wear a shirt. 

"Annyeong," Jinki said.

Jessica was surprised to see Jinki's collar bone, "Yah! Cover yourself!"

Jinki chuckled, "Wae? You've seen me like this before?"

Jessica blushed but retorted, "You do remember that we fought because of that right?"

Jinki smiled, "I remember you said that the reason you don't want me like this when we went to the water park--"

"MAL HAJIMA!" Jessica said, completely embarassed.

Jinki chuckled and stilled continued, "You said that you wanted to see me only when we are locked inside a room and we're both ."

Jessica turned off the video call and messaged Jinki on their chatroom.

You better have clothes on in 30 seconds or I will not meet you anymore! - Ice Princess

Jinki chuckled and changed into his usual night wear. He was the one who called now Jessica.

"I am wondering why am I in love with you," Jessica said to Jinki when their video call started. 

Jinki replied, "Because I love you so much also."

Jessica chuckled and said, "Tomorrow, I'm the one deciding where we'll go."

Jinki nodded, "Algesseupnida, ice princess."

Jessica smiled, "What time does Taemin usually leave your dorm?"

"Around 6?" Jinki said.

"Arasseo," Jessica said, "Now, you better sleep now."

"You first," Jinki said.

Jessica looked at Jinki and said, "Starting tonight until tomorrow night, follow the ice princess' words, dubu."

Jinki nodded and said, "Arasseo~ oori gongjunim~"

Jessica smiled and said, "Now, sleep."

Jinki said "Can I sleep while looking at you?" 

"Are you that in love with me?" Jessica said while laughing slightly.

Jinki nodded cutely. Jessica shook her head and said, "Arasseo, arasseo~ What did I do to you love me so much?"

Jinki closed his eyes and said, "You just happened, Jung Sooyeon. You just happened..."

Jessica looked at Jinki. Once again, she felt bad and selfish on what they were doing. 

As if Jinki read her mind, he said, "Jung Sooyeon, don't feel bad. If you feel bad about our seven days, then do not see me tomorrow...If you feel bad, then once you end this call, you will no longer see me..."

Jinki had his eyes closed, but tears were falling from his eyes. Jessica sighed and said, "Don't cry please..."

Jinki wiped his tears without opening his eyes. Jessica said, "Sleep now, my dubu. No matter what happens you'll...You'll be my Jinki."

Jinki nodded and said, "Jal ja, my Sooyeon." 

 

Onew woke up by the shouts coming from outside his room.

"What the hell!"

"Taemin! Hyung is still sleeping!"

Onew looked at the clock, and it was 5 in the morning. He went out to see what is happening. The SHINee leader saw Taemin, about to go out because of the bag behind him, with arms crossed while looking at Minho and Key. 

"What's going on?" Onew asked while rubbing his eyes.

Just as Jonghyun went out of his room, Taemin shouted, "JINKI-HYUNG! ARE YOU MEETING WITH JESSICA AGAIN?!"

Jonghyun suddenly shot a look at Minho and Key, and the two younger idols lowered their heads. Though Jonghyun was alarmed (something that Taemin noticed), Onew just continued rubbing his eyes.

"Taemin, we are just a few feet apart; do not shout," the SHINee leader said calmly.

"Answer the question hyung," Taemin said in a softer voice.

Onew looked at Taemin sternly; Onew never gave a look like what he is giving right now unless he is asserting that he is the leader of the group. The look amde Taemin flinch. Onew said, "Don't tell me you're shouting at this time, about to be late for your schedule, just because you found out your leader is meeting again his ex-girlfriend. Lee Taemin, I will not allow that kind of attitude ever again. Go now!"

Taemin left the dorm immediately, much to the relief of their manager who was waiting at the door. Onew then looked at Key and MInho and said, "If you have an idea of what your leader has been doing and you know it will upset the youngest, talk in the softest voice possible." 

Onew then left for his room. Jonghyun went to the two and asked, "What happened?"

Minho said, "Key and I were arguing on whether to come with you or not. Key then said hyung's name and Jessica's"

Jonghyun looked aghast. "Kim Kibum!" the main vocal of SHINee said.

Key said in a low tone, "Mianhe. I did not mean it."

 

Jinki lied on his bed. He remembered how it broke Taemin when the SHINee maknae saw him after that incident. He understand that it was practically his fault that he was in this mess - and here he is being selfish and meeting Jessica. Onew heard a knock from his door.

"Wae?" Onew asked, faking to be half-asleep.

It was Jonghyun's voice that Onew heard, "It's me, hyung."

Onew replied, "The door is basically not locked."

Jonghyun then let himself in Onew's room. The SHINee leader was lying on the bed facing the window; thus, his back was facing Jonghyun. 

"Hyung, do you want to talk?" Jonghyun said.

Onew sat up and said, "Talk about...?"

"How are you spending your one-week break?" Jonghyun asked directly. 

Not knowing that Jonghyun actually knows what he is doing, Onew said, "Why? Will you also sulk like Taemin?"

Although Onew said it playfully, Jonghyun can hear a bit of sadness in his leader's voice. Don't blame yourself all over again, Jonghyun thought.

"Ani," Jonghyun answered, "I'll support you in whatever makes you happy, hyung. You have always been so giving to us."

Onew sighed and said, "If the leadership of SHINee was offered to you, would you accept it?"

Jonghyun was taken aback by Onew's question. "Why would I take it? You're here. You are not leaving, are you?" Jonghyun asked back. 

Onew shook his head and said, "I need more sleep."

 

Onew woke up from the buzzing of his phone. 

Rise and shine, sleepyhead. Someone will pick you up from your dorm. - Ice Princess

Right after the text, a video call was trying to connect Jinki answered the call.

"Good morning, sleepyhead," Jessica greeted.

Jinki looked at Jessica. She was already prepared and ready to go. Onew sat up in a rush and said, "I overslept? Am I late?"

Jessica shook her head and answered, "Ani. Someone will fetch you though from your dorm. So better get ready..."

Jinki noticed that Jessica was just staring at him. "Why are you staring? I look like..."

"Yah," Jessica said, "I like your morning look, so just let me look at you like this while I still can."

While I still can, Jinki ran the thought on his mind as he said, "I'll prepare now. Unless you want again to see me --"

Jessica shouted and the line was cut. After a few minutes, Onew went out of his room ready to go out. Key then shouted, "Hyung! Breakfast!"

Onew went to their kitchen to find Minho, Key and Jonghyun eating bibbimbap. Jonghyun passed a bowl to Onew and said, "Before you go, eat first hyung."

Onew sat down with s and ate silently with them. While Onew was eating, his three other members were looking at him. All three of them understood what it meant for Onew to do this, and what will happen when all of this ends. 

"Hyung," Minho said to break the silence, "No matter what happens, we'll all be here for you."

Onew smiled and nodded at Minho. He did not reply but just continued eating. After all of them were done eating, the doorbell rang. 

Jonghyun went to the door. When he opened it, he saw Krystal and Kai.

"Oh, Krystal, Kai, what brings you here?" Jonghyun asked, though he already knows why.

"Uhm," Krystal hesitated for a while, "Onew-oppa?"

Onew emerged out from the kitchen to the door. Jung Sooyeon, what do you have in mind? Onew said to himself. 

"Ne?" Onew answered Krystal.

It was Kai who replied, "Hyung, we have to go, remember?"

Krystal looked at Kai annoyingly and then just nooded in agreement while looking at Onew. Onew's phone buzzed all of a sudden.

Drive your two fetchers to Namsan Tower. Don't worry; it will benefit all four of us and Namsan Tower has been reserved and rushed down. - Ice Princess

Onew said, "Yes. Jonghyun, Minho, Key, if Taemin looks for me, just tell him I'm with Jongin."

At the word Taemin, Krystal scoffed and went off. Kai looked at the SHINee members warily. 

Onew chuckled and said, "Chase after her. I'll follow."

Kai ran after Krystal. Onew bid goodbye to s after leaving a few more reminders. When Onew left, Jonghyun said, "Meet me here in five minutes, you two. I'll text Taeyeon-sshi and Hyoyeon-sshi."

 

You did not inform me that we'll be babysitting two idols in a lover's quarrel - Dubu Leader

So you already have an idea on what we are going to do today? Namsan Tower, Lover's quarrel... - Ice Princess

Aigoo. Now I know. See you there. - Dubu Leader

Onew shook his head. He arrived at the parking lot and saw the two idol that fetched him on a car. Krystal was seating beside the driver and Kai was sitting at the backseat. 

"Krystal, sit at the backseat," Onew instructed as he got in the car.

"Shireo," Krystal said, earning a reaction from Kai.

"Then stay there!" the EXO visual answered back.

"Ja, ja," Onew said, using his leader tone, "The two of you will stay there at the backseat or I'll just go back to your dorm and the two of you will face her alone."

Krystal sighed and looked at Onew. "Oppa, I'm doing a very big favor here for you," Krystal said coldly as he got off and sat in the opposite side where Kai is sitting. 

Onew chuckled, "You do know that Luna followed me yesterday?"

The two idol suddenly leaned forward and asked together, "Jinjjaro?"

Onew answered them and said, "I'll tell everything on the way,"

 

As Onew is driving to Namsan Tower and telling the story, the idol couple would still show that they are angry at each other.

"Why are you fighting?" Onew asked.

Kai answered before Krystal, "No offense, hyung, but this girl here never stopped talking about you and Jessica-sunbaenim going out together again. We met but all she rattled about was--"

"I DID NOT RATTLE!" Krystal yelled at Kai.

Kai shouted back, "ALL YOU DID WAS SAY 'OH, ONEW-OPPA AND JESSICA-UNNIE ARE TOGETHER AGAIN~~' 'OH LOOK LOOK'!"

Onew laughed at the two and said, "The main reason why we're going to Namsan Tower is because that's where Jessica and I amde up after our first big couple fight."

All three of them became silent as they arrive at Namsan Tower. They saw Jessica waiting for them at the parking lot. When Onew stepped down from the car, Jessica ran to him. 

"Annyeong," Jessica greeted as she linked with Jinki's arms immediately. 

The action was not missed by Kai and Krystal. Though they were angry at each other, the two looked at each other and kept silent. As members of SM Town, they knew that happened that night. 

"So," Jessica said, more to Jinki than the others, "Supposed to be, it was only my sister who will join us. But since she and Kai-sshi are having a fight, might as well have them join us."

"Waeyo?" Kai asked suddenly.

Jessica said with a smile, "This is where we met after our first big fight."

 

~Flashback~

Jinki and Jessica were spending some time together with some of the SM Town family members in the practice room when one of the managers went inside their practice room. 

"Onew-sshi," the manager called, "Can I talk to you for a while?"

Jonghyun said, "Hyung, just tell us here. It's our rest day/"

The manager gulped and said, "Arasseo. Onew-sshi, Luna-sshi, you'll be performing together at SM Town together. The song is in High School Musical."

Everyone in the practice room froze. Although Onew and Luna broke up, the two remained casual to each other and maintained friendship, though not to the point of messaging each other and meeting outside the company. The manager, who was obviously nervous, continued, "The directors want a duet, and the CEO--"

The term ignited the voice that broke the silence of the idols. "The CEO?" Jessica questioned.

The manager answered, "Ne, Jessica-sshi. He wants to somehow revive the duet between Luna and Onew. He said that their trot duet before was a hit."

It was a hit, but that was because they were together before. This was the thought of everyone in the room, except for Luna who seemed to be excited about it.

"Jeongmallo?" Luna said, excitement evident in her voice. Hwoever, Amber nudged her at her side. "Mwo?" Luna asked.

Everyone looked from Luna to the OnScia couple. Onew said, "Let me decide first."

As he answered, he pulled Jessica and the two went out of the practice room.

~End of Flashback~

 

"If I was there, I would have definitely told off Luna-unnie," Krystal said as their orders went on their table.

Kai said, "Onew-hyung is a professional. You did say yes anyway. It was just a performance, what's wrong with that?"

Krystal answered, "Isn't it obvious? You are having a sweet love song duet with your ex-girlfriend and your current girlfriend will be obviously watching. It's bothering!"

"Like what I said," Kai cleared himself, "Hyung was a professional. He can act sweet; it's part of the job."

Jinki and Jessica looked at the bickering couple. Jessica said, "You know, this was exactly our argument, but it was opposite."

 

~Flashback~

"Do it," Jessica said as the two were in the SM Rooftop. 

"Shireo," Jinki said sulkily.

Jessica knew Jinki all too well. He cannot say no to an order. "But you'll do it anyway since you will have to obey the CEO," Jessica commented.

Jinki looked at Jessica. "You're okay with this?"

Jessica looked at the view of Seoul and answered, "Ani. Jeoldae. But you're a pro, Lee Jinki."

Jessica's answer made Jinki hate the situation more. "I'll talk to the CEO," Jinki said.

Jessica asked, "Wae? Gwaenchana...I mean, it's just a duet."

"No, it's not," Jinki commented seriously.

Jessica looked at Jinki and said, "Why? You still have feelings for Luna?"

"Opseo!" Jinki defended.

Jessica then said in a tone that made Jinki look at her sternly. "Then you should be okay with this!" she yelled.

~End of Flashback~

 

At a car parked somewhere near Namsan Tower, five idols - three SHINee members, two SNSD members - were watching the conversation between the couples on double date.

"How did you manage this again?" Key asked Hyoyeon.

Hyoyeon posed with a v-sign and said, "That's how good I am."

"Shh!" Taeyeon said.

Jonghyun commented, "Do you know how SHINee and SNSD had to team up so that the two can just make up?"

 

~Flashback~

The two top idol groups, SNSD and SHINee, were in the SM training room. Every member of the two groups were there except SHINee's leader and one of SNSD's vocals. 

"Ja," Taeyeon said, "We are all here because of the OnSica lovers' quarrel."

"Which is giving me a headache, personally," Jonghyun commented.

Hyoyeon said, "The two are thankfully at their own schedules as of the moment. Their fight is lasting a week already and I cannot take the sulking of Jessica anymore."

"What should we do then?" Taemin asked.

"They're practically shouting at each other before they go to bed on their video call," Minho commented.

Seohyun said, "I know!"

As Seohyun explained, everyone smiled and took part. It was as if SHINee and SNSD will debut in one group.

~End of Flashback~

 

Back at Namsan Tower, the two couples were eating quietly. Kai suddenly ask, "Onew-hyung, when is Jessica-sunbaenim mad at you?"

Onew answered, "We only fight if there involves jokes, schedule conflicts, member nuisance, and sibling nuisance."

Krystal suddenly looked at Onew and Jessica. "Since when did I became a nuisance?"

Jessica answered, "Remember that time when you said that you wanted to confess to Minho?"

Kai glared at Krystal. "Wah," the EXO member said, "Yeokshi. You really like the TALL, dark and handsome guys."

"You're tw out of three there," Krystal answered, trying to appease her boyfriend. 

Onew and Jessica chuckled. Onew said, "Now, I clearly remember what we did that we made up."

 

~Flashback~

Jessica and Seohyun were going towards the rooftop of SMEnt.

"Seohyun-ah, why are we going up? It's night," Jessica said.

Seohyun just smiled and kept pulling Jessica towards the rooftop. When they reached the rooftop, Jessica and Seohyun saw a big event: the other SNSD members with the SHINee members forming a circle around a campfire, with Onew at the middle near the campfire. 

"Seo Joohyun!" Jessica said as she saw Onew. Jessica was happy yet annoyed to see Onew. Onew felt exactly the same thing. 

Seohyun forced Jessica to the almost middle of the circle, in front of Onew.

"Now," Jonghyun said, "Everyone will be cold, but unless the two of you will make up, no one will leave."

Key then continued, "For a better making up, please hold hands and play 'guljikye' (A/N: It means "I'll fix it" in Korean. The game is when you tell each other the wrongdoings of your playmate. If your playmate says "I'll fix it", it's the playmate's turn. If the playmate cannot say that he or she can fix it, then the first player wins.)

Onew and Jessica sighed as they held hands. Taemin then instructed, "Onew-hyung, you first."

Jinki sighed and said, "Sooyeon-ah, if I say that I don't like a project that I will do, it means that I really do not like it. Please believe whatever your boyfriend is saying."

Jessica replied, "I'll fix it. Jinki-yah, if I say that I'm fine with something. I'm really fine with it. Yes, it doesn't mean that I will like it also, but at least I'm fibe with it because most probably it is about work. Please also believe what your girlfriend is saying."

"I'll fix it," Jinki replied, "Aren't you jealous of me and Luna performing?"

Jessica tightened the grip on Onew's hand and immediately answered, "I'll fix it."

Jinki chuckled and said, "Ani...Please try to fight for your boyfriend to the company."

Jessica took a deep sigh fo relief and said, "I'll fix it. Are you still jealous of Donghae-oppa?"

Jinki's eyes went big and blinked a few times. He has, and will probably always will be, jealous of Donghae, Jessica's first boyfriend. 

Jinki stuttered and said, "I'll...I'll..."

Jessica said, "Come here, you jealous dubu."

Jessica pulled Jinki for a hug. Everyone around them cheered.

"Yah," Jinki said, a bit embarassed yet hugged Jessica back.

Jessica said in a loud voice, "Liee Jinki, mianhe...Kurigo saranghae!"

Jinki smiled, faced Jessica and said, "Na ddo saranghae." Jinki then kissed Jessica on the lips, making the others erupt with yells and screams.

~End of Flashback~

 

"Whose fault was it in the first place?" Kai asked at how Onew and Jessica made up so fast.

"Neither," Onew answered, "She just couldn't resist me being cute when jealous."

Jessica laughed loud and said, "Sure, sure, Lee Jinki."

The four of them laughed. Jessica then said, "Now, the two of you..."

Kai faced Jessica and said, "Mianhe. You know I get jealous most of the time..."

"Gwaenchana. Na do mianhe," Krystal said as the KaiStal couple hugged each other. 

After their hug, Kai asked, "But...Onew-hyung, Jessica-sunbaenim...What happens after your sevendays? That's it? You're not even going to fight for it?"

Onew lowered his head. Jessica looked away as Onew answered, "Sometimes, you have to choose other people than yourself after you have given yourself enough."