Last Day

당신과 함께 재연 (An Encore With You)

Hyoyeon, Taeyeon, Jonghyun, and Taemin were waiting a few blocks from the hotel where Jessica was staying. 

"Tell me," Jonghyun said to Hyoyeon, "How in the world were you able to know every move of Jessica?"

Hyoyeon answered, "To tell you the truth, there is this one staff that Tyler Kwon asked to follow Jessica everywhere. Jessica knows this so she does not mind. What Jessica and Tyler do not know is that the staff is actually my schoolmate before and a real fan of Girls' Generation. She's the one that always tells me where Jessica is. She is also the person that gave this address to Onew."

Taemin asked, "It's their last day, right? That's what you said, Hyoyeon-noona?"

Hyoyeon nodded. Taemin continued, "After today, what happens?"

Taeyon was the one who answered. "We go back to the life the public wants," SNSD's main vocal answered. 

 

Onew and Jessica quickly went down towards the basement to the car Onew rented. The two were silent as they went out of the hotel. The silence was heavy and the two felt it. 

"Jessica," Onew finally said, "I..."

Jessica held Onew's hand and said, "I love you, Jinki. Don't ever forget that."

Jinki nodded. As they were going through an intersection, the light went red. Jessica then pulled Jinki by the nape and kissed him, not caring if someone sees them. Tears fell from both of their eyes; they both knew that this is one of their last kisses. As the light went green, the couple pulled away from each other and started driving towards MBC with their hands intertwined. 

They arrived at MBC early; it was 5:30 in the morning. That is why they were surprised to see so many reporters. 

"Mwoyah," Jinki and Jessica said together. However...

"Yeorobun," f(x)'s Luna spoke via megaphone, "The two will be here. I am sure of it."

 

"I WILL KILL THAT GIRL!" Jonghyun said in rage as he was about to get out of their car. 

Taeyeon grabbed Jonghyun by the arm and said, "No! Calm down! We have to help Jessica and Onew but calm yourself first! You might make it worse for them."

Taemin, however, suddenly just went out of the car and to the waiting reporters. Jonghyun took a deep breath, calmly removed Taeyeon's grip from him and said, 'We will defend our hyung."

Jonghyun ran to Taemin, who has already grabbed attention, and asked, "What's your plan?"

"I'll talk to Luna so she'll be embarrassed enough and leave," Taemin answered. 

Jonghyun nodded and said, "Protect our leader at all costs."

The car where Jonghyun and Taemin came from was parked right near the entrance while Jessica and Jinki parked in front of the first building after the MBC building. A van suddenly went right to MBC. As Jonghyun and Taemin were about to be flocked by reporters, Key and Minho went down from the van. 

 

"Jinki! Your members!" Jessica exclaimed as she saw the four SHINee members going to the reporters. 

Yaedeul-ah, gomawo, Jinki thought. He turned to Jessica and said, "Ppalli, let's go."

 

"Luna-sshi told us that Jessica and your leader Onew will be going here for a date. Is that true?" Most of the reporters were asking this question to the four SHINee members, whose face were unreadable, while walking towards Luna.

Luna, confused by the action of the SHINee members, saw the couple going towards a side exit of MBC. However, before she could chase them, Luna was grabbed by Taemin by the arm. 

"This girl here," Taemin said to the reporters, "WAS meeting our leader, Onew-hyung, before. However, they stopped, knowing what is GOOD FOR THEM." 

Luna said back, "Ha. Why are you doing this, Taemin? You did not--"

Jonghyun then said, "Yeorobun, I apologize for this commotion, but I personally do not care whether you will make articles about Luna-sshi making you wait, or us four making a commotion here. However, the moment I see and article about our leader, which is not here, I will personally sue you and your company for invasion of privacy. I will have my battle through the courts."

The reporters, knowing how serious Jonghyun can be, started to scatter. As the four SHINee members were seeing that the reporters were going away, Luna slipped and went further inside the building. 

 

Jessica was waiting in the center stage; Jinki instructed her to do so. All of a sudden, lights were opened and a familiar tone had started to play. 

Jessica lowered her head, grabbed the microphone Jinki had placed in front of her, and started to sing the song that they sang together as a duet; the song that made her fall for him. 

(A/N: English translation are from the link https://colorcodedlyrics.com/2013/03/jessica-jesika-one-year-later-ilyeonhu-feat-onew-onyu) 

It feels like I’ve dreamed for a long time
For a while, I’ve wandered and wandered
As if we made a promise four seasons ago
We’re standing face to face, just like that day

Jessica's voice was shaky; her tears would not stop falling down. Jinki joined Jessica and held her hand. Jessica looked at her Jinki. Jessica saw Jinki's tear-struck face. So this was the goodbye that you wanted...Why this song? Why...I love you, Lee Jinki, do not forget that, Jessica thought as she continued singing.

The beautiful stories
we wrote down then
The promises of forever
we prayed then
All come back to me one by one
I knew my heart wouldn’t be able to take this
For you, I held it back even more
So how was your year?

Jinki raised his mic and began to sing for his Jessica for the last time. 

I’ve lived and tried to forget for a long time
For a while, it seemed like it was okay
But as time passes by,
I’ve come to realize
That without you, I can’t go on

Jinki was more of crying than singing. Jessica buried her face on Jinki's chest and hugged him tight. That was all she can do. Their time was almost over. 

Maybe if we were
just a little more mature then
Maybe if we knew
back then what we know now
Endless regret only repeats itself
I have no will to save myself
But I tightly held all of that in
That’s how one year has passed

Jessica: Are your feelings the same as mine?

Jinki: Can you give me one more chance?

Jessica and Jinki: I now know that we can never part..You’re the one person I loved and still love

The two let the song continue to play. Tears were falling down and the two were just hugging each other. 

"Jinki...I love you so much...I love you...Please do not....No, forget about me," Jessica said as she pulled herself away from Jinki. Jessica continued, "I hurt you too much. I do not deserve your love. I was selfish...And I did not consider your own emotions. I made you hope--"

Jessica stopped her sentence as Jinki's lips met hers. Jinki knew that Jessica was just saying things. Jinki pulled away and said, "I love you, Jung Sooyeon. No matter what."

 

Unknown to the two, the four other SHINee members were watching them and crying with them. Along them were Taeyeon and Hyoyeon, and Luna tied up on a seat beside them. Luna, too, saw her wrong actions this time. "Is there no other chance for the two of them?" Luna asked.

Taeyeon said, "We cannot have everything according to what we want."

 

Jessica and Jinki waited for the last part of the song to be played...And sang it the way how it should be sang. 

If we could have gone back to those good old days, I would
To the days when
our love was beautiful
and happy
Heartbreaking stories, meaningless arguments
Let’s bury them all now
And say we’ll never
bring it back up
The season changes again
Even when many years pass
Let’s never have the same feelings we had today

Jinki and Jessica looked at each other. 

"I love you. Whatever you will hear or say...I love you, Lee Jinki."

"I love you and I will always wait for you, Jung Sooyeon."

 

After a week, rumors spread out of Jessica and Tyler Kwon dating. The SHINee members were on their way home when the articles popped out of their SNS feeds. 

"Hyung," Taemin said, knowing that all five of them were seeing the same article. 

Onew, sadness and pain evident in his voice, said, "I hope everyone will have peace of mind now."

SHINee reached their dorm without saying another word. As they were having dinner, Jonghyun said to Onew, "Hyung...Mianhe. I..."

Onew smiled and said, "Gwaenchana. I'm here. That's what is most important."

Suddenly, Onew's phone buzzed. It was a notification from the secret chatroom...

 

Wait for me, Dubu. When all of this is over, I'll meet you again. I'll see you again...Will you wait for me? - Ice Princess

I am waiting and will wait for you... I love you - Dubu Leader

Wait for me...I love you - Ice Princes.