What Really Happened: The Day We Became Together (Again)

당신과 함께 재연 (An Encore With You)

The two idols kept on looking at each other. 

"Why..." Jinki finally said after a two-minute silence, "Why is it so...So difficult, Jessica..."

"What are you talking about?" Jessica as said as her tears kept on flowing.

Without another word, Jinki rushed to Jessica and hugged her tight. Jessica, not caring for anything else, hugged back. Jinki then said all of the words...

"I can't help it. Every single day, every single moment of my life...It has always been you, Jessica. Why cna't I forget? After that happened, I swear I would try to forget...But here I am...I still...I still..."

Jessica soothed the SHINee leader. "Shhh...Shhh...I'm sorry I making you cry...I know that we decided on everything when that happened...But..."

Jessica then considered. What would she say? Would she not care and just tell Jinki? Or would she remain quiet...

"Jessica," Jinki called. He know pulled out from the hug and faced her.

"Yes?"

"Do you still love me?"

All Jinki needed was the answer. They can resolve the complicated situation after. All he needed was the answer. 

Jessica needed not to think. Hell yes, Lee Jinki I love you so much, Jessica thought. However, the situation they are in...However, when Jessica looked at Jinki's sincere eyes, full of tears though, she became selfish...

"Yes, Lee Jinki, I still love you."

 

"Wait 'till I get there the two of you..." Tyler Kwon said as he sped towards the Han River Park. His smartphone shows Jessica being with another person. 

 

"You do...?" Jinki said, still in disbelief.

Jessica held Jinki's face and said, "I love you, Lee Jinki."

Jessica then kissed Jinki's lips. 

Maybe it's better if we just accept this...I'll think of the whole situation later...Right now...It's him that is the most important, Jessica thought. 

Thank you...Please, at least for now, let's think of each other...Let's mind the world after, Onew thought. 

Their lips parted. Jessica said, "Why are you such a crybaby?"

Jinki's lips curved into a smile and said, "At least I can act a crying scene well."

 

Taemin and Jonghyun decided to spend time in the SM training room. Incidentally, Taeyeon and Hyoyeon were there as well.

"Oh, annyeonghaseyo," the two SHINee members greeted.

"Annyeong!" Hyoyeon and Taeyeon greeted back.

"Free time?" Taeyeon asked.

Taemin nodded. Without a second thought, he asked, "Noona, do you know how Jinki-hyung and Jessica ended up together?"

"Yah," Jonghyun tried to reprimand his dongsaeng, "Jessica is your noona."

Taeyeon sighed and said, "I understand his end. Let's sit down. This will be a long talk. Anyway, I have a blessing from Onew-sshi."

"Blessing?" Jonghyun and Taemin asked together.

Hyoyeon in, "Taeyeon is pretty much cnetral in the OnSica relationship. Onew just gave Taeyeon blessing to tell the full story of theirs. 

 

~Flashback~

It was 2010. The SM rooftop was empty. Around 10 in the evening, Onew was there. He was resting from all the crap in the world - especially now that Luna had officially broken up with him because of the company rules. 

"Annyeonghaseyo?"

Onew stirred up. He knew that nobody goes at the rooftop around this time. He turned and saw Jessica.

"Oh, sunbaenim," Onew greeted.

Jessica smiled, went beside Onew and sat down. "No need to call me sunbaenim, Onew-sshi. How many times do I have to tell that?"

Onew smiled and sat down beside Jessica. "What brings you up here, Jessica-sshi?"

"Ha..." Jessica sighed. Onew suddenly said, "Oh, mianhe. If you don't want to talk abou--"

"The girls just had a fight again," Jessica said, "I just escaped. Probably Taeyeon would be screaming for my name."

Onew replied, "Do you come here often?"

Jessica shook her head, "Ani. But...I heard that someone was broken...And I guessed he needed company."

Onew lowered his head and said, "Sunyoung told you?"

"She's basically proud of it," Jessica said, "Every SM idol knows your relationship, and she's spreading the word that she broke up with you."

It was Onew who sighed this time and said, "What can we do...Stupid company rules..."

Jessica looked at Onew. Ever since they had a duet released, the two had constant communication with each other. They would talk, but mostly just through a secret chatroom that they opened just for the two of them. 

"Do you still love Luna?" Jessica asked.

"Honestly," Onew said, "I...I don't think so. Ever since she got mad because she learned that we had our own chatroom, I was asking myself, 'What's wrong with that? Aren't you glad that I was honest about it?' But yeah, I know...Girls do not like that...I know for a fact that the company rule was just an excuse...I know that she really just want to break-up."

Jessica was surprised by this. "Jinjja?"

Onew nodded. Jessica needed to hear more, "Wanna drink?"

~End of Flashback~

Jessica and Jinki held hands tightly as they enter the soju restaurant where they first drank together the night Jinki and Luna have broken up. 

"You know, I still come here from time to time," Jinki whispered to Jessica.

Jessica smiled and said, "I wonder what made you so much addicted to me."

Jinki chuckled and said, "I am wondering myself as well."

When they went to the exact same room and the exact same spot, Jessica's phone buzzed.

I know where you are. You better not be with him - Tyler Kwon

So what if I am with him? What will you do? Scandalize? Fine. Remember whose names will be dragged down. - Jessica

You don't care about his name? - Tyler Kwon

Jinki suddenly grabbed Jessica's phone and said, "May I ask to steal this moment? I mean...We'll come back to reality...So..."

Jessica sighed as she heard the sadness in Jinki's voice. She got back her phone and replied to Tyler.

Remember, I will come back. We are just visiting Korea. - Jessica

Fine. - Tyler Kwon

Jessica kept her phone as they ordered meat and soju. 

 

Back at the SM training room...

"So basically, after Luna ruined my hyung's life, Jessica went in?" Taemin said.

Hyoyeon laughed at Taemin's reaction. She then said, "Lee Taemin, love is in sync with hurt. You yourself pretty much know that. Yes, I know what happened between you and Naeun so don't act like Onew's the only one blinded by love."

Taeyeon then said, "But they were not a couple right away. Jessica always has a habit of making a personal chatroom for people she is comfortable with, and those people are very, very few. Nonetheless, everything started when they had that drink together."

Just then, Luna went inside. "Annyeonghaseyo," she greeted.

"Oh, annyeong," everyone else greeted back.

"Mianhe, I was listening to Taeyeon-unnie's story...And..." Luna said, but Taemin stalled her.

"Oh no," the SHINee maknae added, "You, of all people, will not add into this mess. I know everything that happened with you and Jinki-hyung. That much he told me. Oh no."

Luna replied, "But...I was just following..."

"Ha," Jonghyun said, "Don't get me wrong, Luna-sshi. You were particularly happy when you told the four of us SHINee members that you have broken up with our hyung."

"Ja, ja," Taeyeon calmed the two SHINee members, "What's your point, Luna?"

Luna did not answer. Hyoyeon then said, "We all know how much the two loved each other. Lee Sooman-seonsaengnim even congratulated them. But then..."

They all know what happened when the CEO found out. They all know that incident.

"I'll buy something to eat and drink," Taemin said as he stood up and left the room.

"Wait!" Luna yelled as she followed Taemin. 

 

After a few drinks and meat, the two were quiet - Jessica was leaning on Jinki's shoulder.

"I wish we can just stay away from every one," Jessica admitted.

Jinki sighed and said, "So everything that was said during that incident..."

Jessica faced Jinki, held his hand and said, "They were true, and you know it."

Jinki sighed again. "I know...But can we escape reality while you are here? Can we?"

Jessica said, "It might be the last...So...yes. Then..."

Jinki smiled sadly and said, "Then we go back to the reality."

Jessica nodded and resumed their position awhile ago. "Do you remember that interview...Ah, the variety program Night Star?"

"Where we sang our song and was teased because you could sing while looking straight at me?"

Jessica chuckled, "You do remember."

"How could I forget," Jinki said with a grin, "That was the time you started to fall for me."

Jessica hit Jinki's lap. "Since when did I say that?" Jessica asked.

Jinki smiled to himself but did not answer. Jessica's phone buzzed once again.

We'll be staying in Korea a bit longer. Seven days to be exact. I have to fix a lot of things here and in Hong Kong. Do whatever you like, but no news or articles or I will drag back to New York. - Tyler Kwon.

"So we have a week?" Jinki asked.

Jessica nodded and answered, "We have week, my Dubu."

 

"Why are you following me?" Taemin snapped at Luna.

Luna went in front of Taemin and said, "I need your help."

"For?" Taemin asked.

"I...I can bring back happiness to Jinki-oppa," Luna declared. "I can do it. Give me time."

 

"Taemin seems too protective of Onew-sshi," Taeyeon commented when she, Jonghyun and Hyoyeon were left alone.

Jonghyun chuckled and said, "You can't blame him; he was the one who saw Jinki-hyung after that incident, remember?"

Hyoyeon's phone suddenly buzzed. "Omo..." she said.

"Why?" Jonghyun and Taeyeon asked together.

"We have a project, are you in?" Hyoyeon asked the two of them.

"A project?" Jonghyun asked.

"A seven-day project," Hyoyeon said.