CHAPTER 6- Feelings (?)

Butterfly

 

 

"Uhmmm... a fish? Wait wait wait I know this, Sushi!"

"Thats it!" Dara who stopped imitating a fish pointed out.

"Okay Bom unni its your turn!" Chae Rin shouted motioning Bom and Minzy to proceed to the space in front of her. Bom went in front of Minji and took a deep breath. After a while, she started doing hand gestures while Dara started timing.

"Wait... Bigbang!" Minji shouted. Bom stopped dancing Bigbang's "Last Farewell" and went towards Minji to hug her.

"One more round and we win! Mehrong~!" Bom said to Dara while holding up her index finger in front of her face.

"Whatever. Chae Rin ah! Let's beat those two! Okay?" Dara said as she tugged the other girl's wrist.

"...YG sajangnim? Se7en? T-O-P? Youngbae? Seungri? AH! G-DRA-"

"Time's up!" Dara looked down in defeat and took her seat next to Chae Rin.

"Okay, ready?" Minji nodded enthusiastically. Bom started dancing SHINee's "Juliette" in front while her partner stared at her like she was from Mars.

"...Dong Bang Shin Ki! Wait no.. Super Junior! Aish no.. So Nyeo Shi- Wait SHINee!!"

"Aigoo~ 2 minutes and 20 seconds" Dara stomped her feet like a child while her partner was patting her back and giggling at her unni's childish action. The two winners of the game jumped up and down in celebration. After a few minutes of celebration, their game of charades ended and room was filled with silence.

"Oh, its already 12am, we need to sleep. Goodnight Minji ah~" Bom said waving at Minji. Minji entered her room and carelessly dumped her body to her narrow bed.

*Ah I still cant get it out of my head* she started hitting her head lightly with her fist hoping that her memory would be erased.

*I hope he didn't read it* she thought pouting while tucking herself to her bed.

It was another cloudy day in Seoul. Minji woke up at around 9am and went out of her room to prepare breakfast. As she made her way to the kitchen she met eyes with Bom who was at the dining table at that time. She stopped walking towards the kitchen and sat beside Bom instead.

"Bom unni, I might go somewhere this afternoon okay?"

"Where are you going?" she interrogated while continuing to munch a spoonful of cereals.

"Uhmmm, maybe.. the mall"

"Do you want me to accompany you or something?" she said raising her brow and pursing her lips.

"No, no need. I just wanted to ask permission" she sheepishly smiled.

"Oh okay then" Minji smiled in success, stood up and immediately went to the kitchen. She took out her hand phone and opened her inbox.

*3pm. Infinity Cafe.* After eating breakfast she went to her room and took a bath. While drying her hair with her towel she went towards her closet which was dump full of boyish clothes.

*Oh no. Wait- It must be here somewhere* she thought while digging her closet.

*Here it is!* She pulled out a pastel colored top, black skirt and black stockings.

"I wonder if it still fits... Perfect!" After doing her hair and putting on light make-up she went out of their dorm.

"1:45. Its still early"

An hour had already passed when she arrived at the place. Holding the strap of her bag and her phone on the other hand, she entered the place. Upon entering the cafe, she immediately inspected the place hoping to find the person she'll meet there. But after few attempts, she gave up and decided to find a vacant chair instead. She pulled the wooden stool, sat down and rested her arms above the table. She sighed after realizing that she hadn't received any response from him for the past 15 minutes. Maybe he forgot.. or maybe he fooled me, maybe he tricked me. A lot of thoughts were running through her mind at that time. Knowing that she's not really that familiar with the 'new' Taemin. Of course he'd change it has been several years since they have comfortably conversed with each other. And besides, he's an idol now, he must have changed his attitude. Minji shook her head erasing all the bad impressions she had thought about him.

*Who am I to judge him right?* she looked at her watch as she rubbed the back of her neck.

*Am I really that early?* she thought then took a glance of the view in front of her.

*Light brown and curly hair? What is this ahjussi aiming for? An ahjumma look?* she chuckled quietly at the thought. Or maybe it was not that quiet since the person in front of her which she was laughing at faced her. Looking at the person, her eyes widened...

"Taemin?"

"Oh Minji." the boy removed the scarf covering his nose and his mouth and smiled. Indeed, he looked angelic with all the hair and his make-up free face. She kept on staring at him as he walked towards her table. He sat down and placed something on top of the table.

"Okay so, first of all, if you're going to ask why I look like this or why is my hair like this.. you know, comebacks happen.. I hope you don't mind my scarf. Key hyung told me to wear it"

"No, I don't mind. Its okay, I understand. My Dara unni also mentioned to me that I should cover myself also but since I was in a rush, I forgot to bring my own scarf" she pursed her lips and shook her head.

"So..." she said breaking the ice.

"Oh here you go" he handed her a thick notebook with a

GONG MINJI

‘s

PROPERTY.

DO.NOT.READ.

written in the middle of the cover page of the notebook.

 

"Uhmm... thanks"

-Minji ah, we have a schedule tomorrow okay so you better not come home later.. remember your curfew! :) Dara unni-

*Dara unni is beginning to sound like Chae Rin unni these days* she chuckled.

"Minji.. do you have any plans for later or.." he said rubbing his nape.

"None.. I think.. but I have to be home by 9, why?"

"Do you want to.. go to the park or something, you know, get out of this boring place." he laughed.

"I guess. You're right this place is getting boring" she replied shrugging.

"Alright then, lets go?"

Minji grabbed her bag and stood up as well as Taemin. The two of them went out the cafe avoiding eye contact because both of them find it awkward. REALLY AWKWARD.

"Ice cream" Minji whispered and walked towards the ice cream stand almost ignoring Taemin's existence. The ice cream was almost as tall as a 12-inch ruler, who wouldn't lose their mind after seeing that right? You couldn't really blame the girl.

"2 please" she told the old woman selling ice cream. When the old woman had finished preparing the two ice creams, she handed both to Minji who was trying to balance the two for they were really tall.

"Wait, let me help you" Taemin offered.

"Can I take a picture of you two?" the old woman who was selling ice cream asked. Minji looked at Taemin while Taemin gave Minji a questioning look.

*Could I?*

Taemin lifted Minji's scarf up to the level of her nose to cover almost half of her face. Then he went near to Minji and signalled the old woman to take the picture already so they can leave. After taking the photo Minji relaxed and went a few inches away from Taemin. The two bowed at the old woman and immediately turned their backs.

"Thank you agassi~ I hope you two will stay happy together!" the old woman shouted. Upon hearing this, the "couple" paused for a moment and tried to internalize what they heard. Minji felt herself blush because of the remark of the woman selling ice cream.

"Oh by the way Minji, here's your ice cream."

"No, no. You can have it. I bought it for you." she smiled and he also did in reply.

"Thanks"

After finishing the ice cream they were eating they looked around and Taemin saw this parlor game. He went closer to it grabbing Minji by the hand pulling her to the booth. The booth was surrounded by different kinds of teddy bears, stuffed toys and charms. 

"You just have to hit that thing over there and if you are able to do it then we'd give you a price for your girlfriend right here." the guy who approached them pointed Minji.

"Oh but I'm not his girlf- wait.. Hello? Yes, Bom unni?" she mouthed raising her index finger to Taemin and walked a few distance away from him. Taemin just shrugged and continued to play the game. After several attempts he finally won and received a small charm.

"Sorry that was Bom unni, telling me to go home now because of her 'some' reasons" she said rubbing her elbow.

"No its okay, I'll walk you home then"

"No, you don't have to"

"Its okay" he smiled. Taemin grabbed her hand and started walking which made her blush.

*Oh God why do I feel like there's too much skinship between us, whats wrong with me?! Why am I panicking... he just grabbed my hand, no big deal... right?*

She knew that this 'walk you home' thing was a bad idea, in fact for the whole 10-15 minutes they have been walking none of them dared said anything. Not even a 'how are you' or something that would break the ice between them. Soon, they reached home and that was the only time when one of them actually spoke.

"So, this is it" Minji smiled.

"Thanks again"

"Oh wait, I need to give you something" he searched for the charm inside his pocket.

"Here you go. Good night" he waved and she also did in response. He watched him turn his back and walked his way along the empty street.

*Lee Taemin..*


Hi pretty-ful readers! First of all, sorry if the spacing . I reformatted my laptop yesterday and until now I still don't have MS Word hence the crappy spacing. Anyway, I tried my best to make this chapter long well at least longer than the other chapters because.. I don't know.. Im suddenly got motivated in writing a new chapter probably because of the comments that this story receives and new subscribers. Okay, so.. I just wanna thank the subscribers, you guys are awesome and for the people who commented... you guys are dae to the bakk (im lame i know). I just wanted to acknowledge those people :) Thats all for this chapter and I hope you enjoy it ^^ bbyong~ /throws Namstar hearts/

HAPPY BIRTHDAY WOOHYUN. NAMU. NAMSTAR. NAMTREE.  :))