Final - Part 2

Deeply, Madly, Truly In Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

0o0

Mrs Lee clasped her hands together while waiting for Shin Hye. It been hour since she had come to see Shin Hye. Her secretary had been telling her Shin Hye was out for a while and now on her way coming back to her office. And all she need to do was patiently waiting for her.

Though she thought she should never meddle into this but since Yoo Jin been asking her favour lately and she just could not turn her down. Yoo Jin been telling her Yong Hwa had been gloomy and sometimes prefer to be alone and it happened just after the night they went out to watch the stage play.

She remembered Yoo Jin even told her Yong Hwa rarely went out at night anymore right just after that night too and the little girl wondered if they were something wrong with them.

Mrs Lee breathed deeply to ease out her nervousness. Her hands were still tightly holding on the lunch pack she specifically made for Shin Hye.

‘Eommonim.’ Suddenly someone had called out for her and she immediately looked up only to see Shin Hye standing across her.

‘Ommo-’

Shin Hye smiled faintly. ‘Eommonim, you should tell me that you are coming to visit me.’

Shin Hye looked at the elder Lee apologetically. She should have visit her once she came back to Korea but she was too busy to even think of her just because she felt betrayed when they decided to marry Yong Hwa off to Ji Hae.

‘Mianhe, Shin Hye-yah. I should have call you but I don’t have your number.’

‘It’s okay, eommonim. Let go into my office neh.’ Shin Hye invited her though she was super busy that day but she thought that she could spare few minutes for her since she was already here to see her.

After asking her assistance to prepare drinks for them, Shin Hye immediately invited Mrs Lee to join her.

‘Igo mwoya?’ Shin Hye asked when Mrs Lee pushed the lunch pack slightly towards her.

‘I didn’t know what to bring for you so I made your favourite dishes.’

Shin Hye looked at her excitedly as she opened the pack and was ecstatic to see her favourite gomtang and jokbal inside.

‘Ommo!’ Shin Hye shrieked giddily. ‘Ottoke? Jjinja gamowoyo eommonim.’

‘Do you like it?’

‘Of course. You made it for me.’ Shin Hye remembered back then before she moved, she used to hang out with Jong Hyun and Ji Hae since their house were nearby. She could be very shameless whenever Mrs Lee cooked one of her favourite whenever she was there for be it dinner or lunch. She even asked the elder Lee to pack her the leftover she was liking them so much.

There was one time Ji Hae was extremely upset with her and accused her for being rude to their mother when Shin Hye send to them few kilos of jokbal and specifically asked Mrs Lee to cook for her. But of course, Mrs Lee was such a sweetheart and would never let her down.

‘I can’t wait to have this later.’ Shin Hye said. ‘Kamsahamnida.’

‘Aniyo. That is nothing.’

Shin Hye flashed her sweet smile again as their gazes met again and saw Mrs Lee smiling at her too. It had been silence for a while between them making Shin Hye felt a little bit awkward until Mrs Lee finally broke it.

‘Gomawo, Shin Hye-yah.’ Mrs Lee suddenly blurted out.

‘Deh?’

‘I am really sorry for what happened in the past. It was all my fault.’ She added again. That was it. She decided to tell Shin Hye for what happened in the past between her daughter and Yong Hwa if this would help the lovers back together again. She always knew even back then, Yong Hwa was happily dated Shin Hye and even found them such a beautiful loving partner.

But fate must been very cruel to both of them and even victimise the innocent souls. Her heart was aching so badly when Yoo Jin told her Yong Hwa was looking unhappy and the sadness was quite visible in his eyes.

Shin Hye frowned and chuckled awkwardly. She seemed to be a little clueless when the elder Lee starting to blame herself over what happened in the past.

‘Eommonim, what are you talking about? I didn’t get it.’ Shin Hye said and went over next to her. ‘What do you mean it was your fault?’

‘Shin Hye-yah, Yong Hwa did not do anything wrong back then. It was all my fault. I was scared at that time-’

‘Neh?’ Shin Hye attentively listened to her though her voice starting to get shaky a bit. She was not expecting to see Mrs Lee crying while trying to convey her words.

‘I asked Yong Hwa to marry Ji Hae because Ki Young refused to responsible after finding out Ji Hae was pregnant with Yoo Jin.’

Shin Hye gasped at the sudden revelation. ‘Waeyo, eommonim?’

‘I was scared people would mock and starting to say things on Ji Hae and Yong Hwa was the only hope that time. I don’t have choice-’

Shin Hye slightly distanced herself away from Mrs Lee. Her heart starting to ache again as she was burst into tears. She hated that the fact the person she looked up too was behind all this. She hated the fact that Yong Hwa was forced into the marriage because Mrs Lee thought Yong Hwa was the only option. She hated it the most that Yong Hwa had to take responsibilities even they knew their relationship back then.

‘You made Yong Hwa to marry Ji Hae because you know that Yong Hwa would never say no to you. You are taking advantage on him.’

And, she hated that Yong Hwa agreed to this marriage knowing he must be feeling indebted to Mrs Lee who had been taking care of him since he lost his parent.

0o0

28 March 2010

Shin Hye-yah. Uri chingu, Shin Hye. It is me, Ji Hae unnie. Shin Hye-yah, by the time you read this letter, I am sure I am no longer around. Shin Hye-yah, I have so many things to tell but I am not sure if I am strong enough tell you everything.

Shin Hye-yah. Dongsaeng! Unnie misses you so much.

Shin Hye-yah, I am writing this at late night so no one will know I am writing this for you. You must have heard from eomma about me, Yong Hwa and Yoo Jin.

Shin Hye-yah, don’t believe whatever eomma told you, neh? Eomma must be blaming herself again for what happened to us.

Mianhe, Shin Hye-yah. Unnie never been good to you. Even until my last breath, unnie never been good to you. Jjinja mianhe, Shin Hye-yah.

I know you must be hurt because of me.

Shin Hye-yah, it was all my fault. Yong Hwa didn’t know I was pregnant until he found me unconscious. Ki Young oppa left me after knowing I was pregnant with Yoo Jin. Unnie was totally devastated that time and I only see Yong Hwa as an option.

I knew Yong Hwa would never want to disappoint our family, so unnie asked him to marry me. I know he was saving up to see you that summer but unnie asked him to marry me instead.

I told eomma that Yong Hwa forced me and got me pregnant. I know I was wrong. Cheongmal mianhe, Shin Hye-yah. I was too selfish that time.

Shin Hye-yah, even we are married now, don’t worry I know Yong Hwa never love me though he is attached to Yoo Jin now, his heart will always belong to you.

He is an amazing guy, Shin Hye-yah. When he told everyone, Yoo Jin is his daughter, I couldn’t be more prouder. At least, I know he loves Yoo Jin though my daughter is not his to begin with. I am thankful for that.

You are so lucky to have him. Unnie is very jealous of you even now.

Shin Hye-yah, don’t worry about Yoo Jin. She knows Yong Hwa is not her father. One day, when the day comes, you should go back to Yong Hwa and lives happily. I am sure by that day, Yoo Jin will start to understand thing.

Shin Hye-yah, gomawo for letting Yoo Jin to feel how is it to be loved by Yong Hwa even just for a short while.

Shin Hye-yah, gomawo for reading this. I know Yong Hwa would never tell you the truth later that is why I decided to write for you.

Shin Hye-yah, be happy neh. Don’t think too much and go back to Yong Hwa. You deserve him more than anyone else.

Saranghae, Shin Hye-yah.

Lee Ji Hae

 

Shin Hye mindlessly folded back the letter that was given to her by Mrs Lee earlier. She been reading the same letter for many times but her heart was still aching so badly. As much she wanted to hate Ji Hae now, but her heart could afford to do so.

Knowing the devastation that Ji Hae been suffering right after she found out her pregnancy and what more after Ki Young left her, she felt even more sympathy towards her. And she was feeling guilty towards Yoo Jin. She must be very heartless for thinking that Yoo Jin had taking Yong Hwa away from her.

‘Oh God-’ For the nth times, Shin Hye shed her tears again. ‘Unnie, why are you doing this to me?’

0o0

Shin Hye carefully put the bouquet of lily next to cremated remains belonged to Ji Hae. She knew Ji Hae always loves lilies that why she was buying them for her. She stood there in silence while staring at her cremation for longest time possible. It was her first time to pay visit on her.

Her eyes slowly getting teary as Shin Hye kept on reminded of the letter that Ji Hae left for her a month after she passed away.

‘Nappuen Yeoja!’ Shin Hye sobbed silently. ‘Why didn’t you tell me anything, unnie?’

After knowing what exactly happened in the past between Ji Hae and Yong Hwa, Shin Hye could not help but to feel guilty to them, especially Yong Hwa. She had been really great in ignoring him for the past few days even until now she could not bring herself to talk to him.

Part of her wanted to run back to him and make up thing between them, yet part of her kept of refraining herself from doing so.

‘Shin Hye imo-’ Shin Hye quickly shed off her tears when she heard someone calling her and turned out it to be Yoo Jin.

Shin Hye smiled bitterly as the little girl coming towards her. ‘Oh Yoo Jin-ah, what are you doing her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter