Lost Boys

Talk Me Down.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sun streamed into the studio and the heat was pouring into the room as Jongin danced and the sweat dripped from his body like raindrops. His breath was shallow as he tried to make sure the dance was flawless, that every step was positioned correctly and full of technique. His facial expressions practiced to perfection and his entire body moved with the rhythm till the music started to fade and his movements came to a halt.

As he tried to focus his breathing he heard,

“Jongin meet the new trainee, Do Kyungsoo,” Jongin could hear Suho’s voice clearly but he was trying to see the smaller figure next to him. As Jongin pushed the hair that was stuck to his head and covered his eyes he saw Do Kyungsoo clearly for the first time. Kyungsoo was looking at Jongin with his large eyes and looked a little dazed as Jongin walked towards him, smiling, and extended an arm.

“Kim Jongin, dancer” Kyungsoo kept a straight face as he shook his hand and said, “ Do Kyungsoo, vocalist.”

Jongin was taken aback by the deep voice of the smaller man and realised that he might be older than him and bowed slightly. Kyungsoo just kept staring and before he knew it Suho and Jongin were discussing choreography deeply, feeling uneeded, Kyungsoo left the room but couldn’t help look at the tall dancer one last time.

They were dancing in the studio a few weeks later as a group. When the practice ended, Kyungsoo was called over by the choreographer. The entire group heard the choreographer say, "Kyungsoo, you will only be able to be successful in this group if you become less stiff. Dancing is just as important as the vocals. You need far more practice if you want to debut." Kyungsoo nodded, apologised and bowed quickly before leaving the room.

Kyungsoo had gone for a walk to clear his head and make himself feel better. When he returned to the dorms for dinner it hurt more to hear the voices of sympathy trying to make him feel better. Kyungsoo hated this; he hated not being able to dance properly. He ate only a bit of his dinner before hastily leaving, as he was approaching his room he decided that instead of sulking he should practice and headed towards the dance studio.

Kyungsoo approached the practice room when h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter