Chapter 2 (2han).

Click Your Heart | Jeonghan ver. (On hiatus)

Chapter 2.

 

                "I'm sorry, Mingyu, but I can't let them do that. Wait for me in your car," I say as I ignore Mingyu's warnings.

 

                He tries to stop me once again but I'm faster than him and reach the three guys.

 

                "Hey, you, leave him alone!" I yell and the three of them look at me.

                "Who are you?" one of the two guys teaming up ask me.

                "It's none of your business. Just leave him alone."

                "And why would we do that, «None of your business»?" the other one mocks while getting closer to me.

                "Why wouldn't you?" I provoke as I get closer as well.

 

                As he was about to answer, we hear someone yelling their names. Well, I guess it was their names since they cursed and followed the voice, leaving me and the other boy alone. I kneel next to him as he tries to get up.

 

                "Hey, stay here. You're hurt. It could be dangerous to get up," I warn him.

                "Tss, it's not my first time, I know what to do. Besides, you didn't have to do that. I could have handled them myself."

                "Yeah, of course. Now, can you please shut up and let me look at your injuries?"

 

                He looks at me in shocked but ends up nodding. I take his chin between my fingers to take a closer look at his face. His mouth and his left eyebrow are bleeding, but nothing too serious. He also looks like his belly hurts and his legs and arms seem slightly injured.

 

                "Come with me, I'll take care of that for you," I announce.

                "No, I'm okay. Thanks but now I gotta go."

 

                He gets up and tries to leave but I guess his legs make him suffer because he has to hold onto me to stay up.

 

                "I clearly see you're not okay. Come home with me, please," I almost beg him, looking at him in the eyes.

               

                He stares and me and, after a few seconds of silence, he finally sighs and accepts.

 

                "Jeonghan! Are you okay?!" Mingyu asked, running toward us. "I went to pick up the car."

                "Yeah, I'm okay but he is injured. It doesn't look too serious though so I'm gonna bring him at my place. Can you drive us?" I ask Mingyu who looks at me in disbelief.

                "Huh, yeah, I guess. Get in."

 

                We help the injured guy getting in the car and I sit next to Mingyu on the passenger seat. The guy doesn't say a word, but sometimes we hear him groans from pain, which makes me worry.

 

                "Why are you bringing a stranger home?" Mingyu whispers so the other wouldn't hear. "It could be dangerous!"

                "I can't leave him like that!" I whisper back. "Besides, what do you want him to do to me in his state?"

                "Do you want me to stay with you two?"

                "No, it's okay. I can handle an injured kid."

                "Okay… But call me if anything happens."

                "I promise."

 

                Once we're at my place – just next to Mingyu's –, I help the guy getting in my house and Mingyu leaves us. I lead him to my living room – fortunately, I live alone – and he sits on the couch. I go pick up the first-aid kit and come back to heal his injuries. I start by his eyebrow, which I simply bandage after I put a little bit of alcohol of it. After, I do the same to his lip while he stares at me directly, which is a little intimidating and disturbing. I look at his arms and legs; they don't have visible injuries, only bruises, so I can't do much.

 

                "Let me see your stomach," I order.

                "Oh, we're already at that step?" he says playfully.

 

                Guess he's feeling better than earlier since he abandoned his cold-self. I sigh and he laughs, finally taking off his shirt. Wow, he sure looks good for a kid.

 

                "Are you going to heal me or do you prefer to just stare at me like that? Both are okay with me, to be honest, so the choice is up to you," he teases once again.

                "Aish, I was just analyzing the injurie."

                "Suuuure."

                "Oh, shut up and lay down, will you?"

               

                Hansol laughs but does as he's told anyway. I put alcohol on the injurie and Hansol yells in pain.

 

                "Oh my God, warn next time!" he screams and I start laughing. "You find this funny? What a sadistic."

                "Oh, come on, it's not that bad. Here, all done," I announce as I bandage him.

                "Hm, thanks."

 

                I put the first-aid kit back in place and head to the kitchen to prepare coffee.

 

                "Do you want a coffee?" I ask him.

                "Huh… Yes, please."

 

                I start making the coffee and continue talking to him at the same time.

 

                "So, what's your name?" I question, realizing he hadn't told me yet.

                "Chwe Hansol."

 

                My heart misses a beat. Wait, he's THE Chwe Hansol?! THE school's bad boy that everybody is scared of?! The cute human being sitting on my couch right now is feared?!

 

                "Wait are you-"

                "Yes, I am THE Chwe Hansol. Why do you think I was fighting?"

                "Yeah, now that you say it…"

                "Are you going to kick me out, now?"

 

                He was now in the kitchen as well, facing me as I forget about the coffee to get lost in his hazel eyes.

 

                "Are you going to reject me just like everybody else?"

 

                His voice lowers as he gets closer to me. My body is pressed against the counter behind me, not by fear but more by shock.

 

                "Are you going to call your friend to tell him I'm dangerous?"

               

                There's no anger in his voice, only pain and terrible loneliness.

 

                "You-You heard us?" I ask.

                "Yeah, I did. I got ears, you know?"

               

                I gasp and he continues to speak and to get closer.

 

                "Are you going to do as if we didn't know each other at school, tomorrow?"

 

                He was now really close, his hands on the counter on each side of me. His face was also dangerously close, but I didn't move, preferring to wait to see what he had to say. He just stared at me for a few seconds and finally pulled away.

 

                "I'd understand you to do so, though. I'm not someone to be seen with. You'd better stay far from me."

                "Wha-"

                "I'm gonna leave, now. Thanks for everything. Have a nice day."

                "Wait! Hansol!"

 

                I yelled but he was already gone. I wanted to follow him but my body refused to move.

 

                *The next day*

 

                After Hansol left, I cleaned my house and waited for the day to end. I wanted to call or text him, but I didn't have his number and I couldn't ask Seungkwan or Josh if they knew anyone who had it because they would start asking questions and there was no way I'd tell them what happened. The bell rings, taking me out of my thoughts. I head to the classroom – I'm not too late, for once – and see there are two seats left. One next to Junhui and one next to Wonwoo, a cute guy I didn't get to talk to yet.

 

Sit next to Wonwoo (WonHan) -> Chapter 4.

Sit next to Junhui (JunHan) -> Chapter 5.