More people, more separating

Was this really a good idea?

“What do you mean you guys can’t take him?” Luhan practically cursed over the phone while the other’s got on a very tall ride that dropped sharply. Luhan made the wise decision to skip out. He wanted to make a good impression on Minseok, not throw up on him.

“These guys are kind of treating it like a double date.” Yifan answered back in mandarin. Luhan understood as he could hear Jongin’s friends very clearly trying to talk to Tao.

“What are they a couple? Did you explain that you guys aren’t? Or do they assume that you are?” Just like how everybody tends to assume with how much Tao clings to Yifan.

“No they aren’t and they know that we aren’t. They just seem amused with labeling it a double date.”

Luhan smacked his face lightly. That meant they won’t take Jongdae in. “Fine. I’ll try the others.”

“Why are we doing this again?”

Luhan sighed before repeating himself again that he was trying to get to know Minseok. “I get that. But I don’t get why you’re trying to set Sehun up with a stranger.”

“Because he doesn’t even try and Minseok’s friend seems decent and innocent so no harm in them trying right? Win-win situation.”

Yifan sighed this time before saying he had to go and hanging up on him. Luhan pouted and looked to the ground. He hated being hung up on or alone.

“That ride was fun we should go again!”

He turned quickly to catch Minseok smiling widely and stretching his arms out adorably before finding him and walking over. “You should have ridden with us it was fun!” Luhan smiled at him. Why did he have to be afraid of heights? Now Jongdae got to sit with him for a ride without Luhan even being able to see his excited face while the ride was going on.

He was about to say something when he got an idea. The smile on Minseok’s face was the same as when he saw food earlier. Food that he said he’d wait on eating, since he wanted to go on more rides. The other’s arrived just in time to find Luhan smiling mostly to himself.

“I got a little hungry, maybe we should take a break from rides and get some food. Sehun do you remember where Kyungsoo said he’d be?”

Minseok’s face lit up hearing food, Jongdae whined that he wanted to go on more rides, making Luhan frown a little bit. Jongin looked to Sehun who seemed to be thinking a bit with a slightly blank yet more relaxed expression.

“I think I remember where but we can text him if we get lost.”

Luhan hummed. “We can take our time looking for yummy food.” He linked arms with Minseok before pulling him along leaving the other’s to follow out of the rides area. “Our friend Kyungsoo works at a restaurant and is here at a booth today so he couldn’t really join us but his food’s great, so we should stop there first.”

Like that he walked talking with Minseok who was responding back happily. Jongdae pouted the farther they were getting. Jongin and Sehun walked quietly along before they reached the area with the food and Luhan looked to Sehun to lead the way.

Sehun walked towards the front and looked around frowning slightly before going off. Jongin watched surprised as he carefully passed through the large amount of people that were waiting in lines for different booths. He didn’t even look or hesitate to somehow find the easiest path for him.

The others tried to do the same but didn’t have the same luck and had to stop a few times to apologize to stranger’s they’d bumped into. Sehun had to wait for them every few stops before going on ahead to wait some more.

It felt like forever before they reached a certain booth that had a line that seemed to be thinning out slowly before it was announced that they would need a few minutes to prep more food. Some waited, choosing to sit at tables nearby. Other’s said they’d return and soon they were able to walk to the front to find one person working hurriedly in a decent sized space.

“Kyungsoo!” Luhan said loudly to grab his attention. The short man ly a second, frowning before looking quickly for more ingredients and moving as close as he could to where they were.

“I’m busy. Hello, I’m Kyungsoo. I see you guys are joining Luhan and Sehun today. Sehun, hi.”

Luhan pouted before smiling cheerfully. “I can see that. Where’s your boss?”

Kyungsoo muttered under his breath before walking towards the front counter. “At the restaurant. He was supposed to send me two other helper’s but one called in sick and the other had to go get me more ingredients. We’re busier than we expected to be.”

Luhan’s ears perked. “What is it you need help with? Maybe Jongdae could help you?”

Jongin coughed awkwardly towards the back of the group at Luhan being so obvious. Jongdae seemed surprised and glared at Luhan before awkwardly waving at Kyungsoo. “Hi I’m Jongdae, but I don’t think I’d be very helpful to you.”

Luhan frowned. Minseok looked wide eyed at the pictures of food displayed above the counter.

“It all looks so good!”

“It is good.” A voice said quietly behind them. They all turned surprised since the voice sounded right behind Jongin. He relaxed before turning back around to face the booth as a head dropped lazily onto his shoulder.

“Yixing! We were looking all over the place for you! We thought you skipped out on us.” Minseok said before pointing at the food the other had in his hand. “If that’s from here, let me taste.”

Yixing lazily reached his arm out and both Minseok and Jongdae stepped towards him to take a bite, both exclaiming unintelligible noises of surprise at each other. Yixing offered Jongin some which Jongin shook his head politely at. Luhan watched them all before staring at Yixing warily.

Kyungsoo shook his head, frowning. “That has to be cold by now.”

“But it’s so good!” Minseok exclaimed, Jongdae nodding furiously alongside him. Luhan beamed proudly as if he’d made it himself. Yixing again tried to get Jongin to bite it who accepted hesitantly before nodding along with them.

“But it’s still good. You should be happier that it tastes good even cold.”

Kyungsoo blinked before staring at Yixing who, rather than look at him as he talked, was still laying his head on Jongin’s shoulder before finally realizing that they were with different people. He stared a second before blinking slowly and waving at them. Kyungsoo said nothing before working on prepping his things.

“I’m just saying it tastes better warm but thank you.”

“Yixing, why didn’t you text us you were here?” Jongdae asked before taking another bite of his food.

Yixing blinked before waving Jongdae over to him. Jongdae complied before turning around and letting Yixing move over to drop his chin onto the top of Jongdae’s head and wrap his arms around his neck. This way he fed himself bites before feeding Jongdae too. Minseok said he’d wait for a warm one.

Luhan watched curiously, Sehun paid them little attention but watched from the corner of his eyes how lazily Yixing fed himself and Jongdae, or moved in general.

“My phone died.” Yixing said before blinking up at them. “I forgot to charge it earlier and thought I’d bump into you guys eventually.”

Luhan laughed. “What if you guys kept missing each other just barely?”

Yixing frowned lightly before smiling at Luhan and answering him in Mandarin. Luhan laughed at the other’s entirely lazy and laid back demeanor and answer of ‘then he’d walk by himself and apologize to them whenever he saw them next. But he’d have his own fun to not let them down’. This guy was entertaining.

“Kyungsoo seems busy should we come back later?”

Sehun spoke up surprising the others and catching Yixing’s lazy gaze. Everybody looked back at Kyungsoo who seemed to be frowning at everything in general.

“Maybe.”

Jongdae agreed. He suddenly jumped and hid behind Minseok as Kyungsoo grabbed a knife and turned in their direction with a determined, annoyed gaze before finding what he was looking for and getting back to work. Luhan frowned at Jongdae clinging onto Minseok as if he was really so terrified of the other suddenly choosing to use the knife on them instead of the food.

Jongin caught Luhan seem as if he was about to yank Jongdae and Minseok apart and sneakily reached out to stop the other. Luhan narrowed his eyes at Jongin shaking his head at him before sighing and pulling his arm out of his grasp. His chance of leaving Jongdae there seeming to be impossible.

“Jongdae, can I talk to you real quick?”

Jongdae raised an eyebrow at him and looked extremely confused. Jongin looked away and tried not to hit Luhan or himself for Luhan’s random outburst. Sehun and Yixing both blinked confused before seeming to let it go and watch Kyungsoo instead. Minseok looked at him with a surprised ‘o’ shape on his lips that Luhan found adorable.

“Everything okay, Luhan?” He asked worried and Luhan bit back a small squeal at the other’s expression and worry.

“Yeah, I just want to ask Jongdae something.”

Minseok blinked and nodded before he pulled the other’s closer and joined them in watching Kyungsoo work. Jongdae rolled his eyes and huffed before following Luhan away, Jongin watching them worried.

As soon as they were out of sight, Luhan put Jongdae in a light headlock, granted Jongdae put up a better fight than most of his friends.

“Listen here you little . I want some alone time with Minseok, but you aren’t letting me have even a chance of getting to know him.”

“Of course I won’t give you a chance to when I don’t know you. Jongin doesn’t even know you. He’s my best friend and means a lot to me.”

“What makes you think Jongin doesn’t know me?”

“Jongin’s awkward sometimes, but he’s not that awkward with people he knows. Now let me go so we can have an actual conversation before any of them look over.”

Luhan hummed. “Promise you’re just friends.”

Jongdae nodded and Luhan released him. Jongdae rubbed his neck a bit before socking Luhan on the arm. Luhan chuckled at his sassy attitude.

“Maybe we’ll be able to get along after I convince Minseok to be my boyfriend.”

Jongdae snickered. “If you can, that is.”

“Of course I’ll be able to. Who wouldn’t fall for me?” Luhan asked cheerfully. Jongdae grimaced at his arrogance.

“Whatever, just don’t think of hurting him.”

“I would never.”

Jongdae rolled his eyes at the other’s affronted look before frowning to himself and then Luhan, who sighed exasperatedly.

“What?”

“Let’s make a bet.”

Luhan couldn’t help himself and stood up straighter. “What kind of bet?”

Jongdae pursed his lips and seemed to think a bit before looking back at Luhan. “If you can get Minseok to agree to be your boyfriend tonight then I’ll leave you alone and won’t bother you guys too much unless I think you’re seriously messing up.”

Luhan snorted. “Of course I’ll be able to make that happen.”

Jongdae shook his head and sighed. “But if you don’t then I won’t give you guys a minute alone unless Minseok asks me to. Which could be a while or never if he doesn’t agree by tonight.”

Luhan frowned at Jongdae before settling on pouting and sticking his hand out to him. “I’ll convince him today. But you brought up the rest of my point. You aren’t giving me a chance right now!”

Jongdae grinned widely. “How was I going to if you’re so obviously staring Minseok down like you’re expecting him to be some precious, perfect girlfriend.”

“Wouldn’t he?”

Jongdae laughed. “Oh my gosh. I’ll let you give it a shot tonight but really watching would be hilarious.”

Luhan frowned slightly as Jongdae shook his hand. Minseok seems adorable and innocent, what’s Jongdae talking about?

“Well I guess. But now how do I get rid of you and Yixing? Kyungsoo seems busy and I don’t know if I can leave you both with my other friend.”

Jongdae shrugged casually. “We can tag along with Jongin and Sehun if your friend can’t. By the way how did you get Jongin to say that he knew you and agree to all of this?”

“I caught him staring and following Sehun a little bit so I blackmailed him. Sort of.”

Jongdae blinked before laughing. “Wow so this is all actually his fault? I’ll get back at him later.”

Looking at Jongdae’s devious expression, Luhan had a good feeling that he’d eventually get on the other’s good side either way. But he’d still be sure to do it today. He was more than confident that he could.

When they headed back, they were surprised to find Yixing in the booth with Kyungsoo looking stuck between ignoring him and telling him not do things.

“Yixing what are you doing?!” Jongdae asked worried while Luhan sent Jongin a look after the other looked them both over worriedly.

Yixing stopped and looked back at them, unworried. “Well he said he was busy and looked like he needed help.”

Luhan laughed again and Jongdae hit his head lightly before glaring at him and muttering under his breath. “If he stays then your other friend better be entertaining. And this friend better not hurt Yixing in any way.”

Luhan sighed before nodding and looking to Kyungsoo. “Will this be okay with you? You do look like you need more help than just one other person.”

Kyungsoo looked ready to yell before he breathed and nodded. “He can help with the people or something I guess.”

“Then it’s settled. Yixing behave we’ll see you later then.”

Luhan and Jongdae both turned to Minseok who was waving at Yixing excitedly. Jongdae gasped at the sight of the empty plate in Minseok’s hand. “Minseok you finished it without me!”

“Here. It’s what I could make with what I have here right now. Don’t worry about paying, Luhan can pay for it later.”

Sehun snickered at Luhan’s sudden change in expression from laughing to frowning slightly. Jongin and Minseok both stared at the food that Jongdae was now hoarding to himself.

“Thank you.” He said before starting to eat with a small smirk at Luhan.

Luhan sighed. “Thanks Kyungsoo. We’ll be back towards the end of the fair. We’re going to head off with Joonmyun-” Before Luhan could even finish the sentence a plate identical to Jongdae’s was put in his hand. “Take him that, he probably didn’t even bother to eat lunch knowing him.” Luhan nodded and they thanked Kyungsoo again before heading off.

Jongin jumped as Jongdae was suddenly walking next to him. “Jongin, behave and don’t get us into any more trouble okay.” With that he walked away leaving Jongin slightly confused and blushing when Sehun looked at him.

“Joonmyun!” Luhan said when they finally managed to find whoever they were looking for after walking for what felt like forever.

A guy turned around with a polite smile before blinking at them surprised. “Whoa Luhan. Don’t tell me you lost Tao and Yifan again. Or that you just decided to pick up random strangers again.”

Luhan winced at each ‘again’ and pouted as both Minseok and Jongdae laughed. Jongin waved shyly as Luhan said that he knew him. Sehun looked around at the people walking around them.

“Oh yeah. Kyungsoo sent you this, basically worried about you starving.”

Joonmyun accepted it and offered them all a polite smile introducing himself again. Luhan caught Jongdae frowning to himself before he threw an arm over him, startling them all.

“Do you think Jongdae here, can stay and help you out with anything? I mean it has to be a little bit lonely taking pictures by yourself. He can at least keep you company.”

Joonmyun’s eyebrows shot up into his brown bangs for only a quick second before his face returned to an average polite smile. “If he wants to then I guess that would be okay with me.”

Jongdae smiled before glaring at Luhan who only smiled before whispering to him. “You said you’d get Jongin for this. How about leaving him alone with Sehun?” Jongdae thought for a second before elbowing him. “If Minseok gets annoyed with you, just give it up.” “As if.”

Minseok had started talking with Joonmyun. Sehun offering few answers with him and Jongin listening closely.

“Ok, I’ll stay if it really won’t be a bother to you.”

Joonmyun nodded and sent everybody a charming smile as they started separating. Minseok waving at Jongdae as if they’d be separated for days and not hours. Jongin somehow getting a bad feeling at Jongdae agreeing so easily and Luhan smiling so big.

 

~A/N~

I'll work on updating sooner, this is supposed to be just a few chapters after all. Anyways everybody's now mentioned so more things will start happening in the next chapter. Thank you so much for reading.