First things first

Was this really a good idea?

“Minseok look! It’s that ride you want to go on!”

Jongdae pulled Minseok along to get in line for a ride that Baekhyun would be happy to have missed. Jongin swallowed a lump in his throat at the sight of it.

It was a large circle and the ride rocked forward and backward slowly before picking up momentum to go almost around, pausing to hang upside down at the very top of it. It was huge, the line for it larger than the last one they went on.

Luhan followed along behind, grumbling to himself with Sehun seeming to pay very little attention to him. Not long after they’d gotten off the last ride Luhan started pouting and getting quiet before slowing down to walk along with Sehun.

Jongin walked slightly ahead of Luhan and Sehun. He tried to stay close so that Jongdae wouldn’t ask again how they knew each other. So that it wouldn’t seem suspicious that even though he and Luhan convinced their friends to do this, they didn’t seem close at all.

But he also tried to keep a bit of a distance since Luhan glared at him after the last ride. It wasn’t really his fault though. It was more of the ride’s fault. And Minseok’s for wanting them to go on a ride that would allow three people to go on. But then again that part was Jongdae’s fault for whining to Minseok that there was an odd number for rides again and the only reason that was okay before was because Baekhyun didn’t care about skipping out on a few of them. Something about messing up his hair on most of them.

Of course with Minseok trying to stop Jongdae’s whining, he tried to find rides for all of them at once before getting distracted by a certain one that had a lot of people waiting excitedly. At first Jongin hadn’t really understood why. It was just a large number of carts going around attached to a center ring for a while. It seemed like a little kid sort of thing.

But after Minseok pulled them along after hearing that a cart could hold three people, he saw why there weren’t many kids in the line. It went fast, really fast. The happy screams were what made him look up and watch all the faces the people made as they went by. He noticed all of the people being pushed to the outer side of the ride, some struggling to go back to the inside. No matter who it seemed to be or how far apart they were at the start of the ride, as soon as it got going they were pushed to the farthest side.

Jongdae and Minseok both looked with awe and excitement. Sehun watched quietly but seemed to be trying to look at every expression that passed him. Jongin could have sworn that he saw the idea forming in Luhan’s head as he glanced between the ride and Minseok.

It didn’t surprise him when Luhan quickly pushed his way past Jongin and latched himself to Minseok.

“I’ll ride with Minseok.”

Jongin stared blankly at how obvious he felt that Luhan was being. Sehun ignored them and leaned on the railing to watch others get on. Jongdae frowned before latching onto Minseok’s other arm.

“Me too.”

The two of them glared at each other and Minseok blinked before smiling widely at the both of them.

“Okay. Is it okay with you guys?”

Minseok was looking up at him and Jongin blinked before belatedly realizing that he’d have to ride in a cart alone with Sehun. And they would be pushed to one side of the cart much like the people currently on it where. He blushed and Luhan snorted at him, making him look down to the ground as Luhan answered for him.

“Of course Jongin’s okay with it. Sehun too.”

Sehun finally glanced at them after hearing his name. Jongin was thankful that he wasn’t paying attention a little while ago.

“Do you mind sharing a cart with Jongin?”

Minseok asked brightly, happy that Jongdae stopped whining since he was busy watching Jongin curiously. Sehun blinked at them all, equally between Jongdae and Luhan latched onto Minseok and Jongin who couldn’t really look him in the eye. After a few seconds of staring he just shrugged and went back to staring at the others on the ride.

Jongin stared at him after Minseok and Jongdae turned back to looking at the ride and talking excitedly. Luhan nudged him with his foot.

“Stop staring it’s weird.”

Jongin struggled to hear him whispering since Luhan was still trying to stay close to Minseok and the other people in line were as excited as Minseok and Jongdae were.  They were also cramped in the railings to stay in the line and the others could hear if Luhan was just a little bit louder.

“Stop clinging to Minseok. Jongdae’s already noticed it as being weird.”

“Does he like Minseok?”

Jongin stared at Luhan surprised until Sehun nudged him to move in the line. He then quietly thanked the other before catching up the several paces they needed to as the line moved. After they closed the gap, stopped, and were possibly going to be up next, he was close to Luhan again.

“No?”

Luhan narrowed his eyes. “Are you sure?”

Jongin looked to Jongdae who smiled brightly at the ride and Minseok who played around just like they usually would around all of their friends, with any of their friends.

“Yeah.”

Luhan puffed his cheeks before leaning closer to Minseok and trying to get his attention again. Jongin breathed a sigh of relief not even bothering to think about Jongdae liking Minseok. He was around them both well enough to know that Jongdae was just clingy and a little bit possessive over any of their friends.

“Does it matter if we’re on the inside or outside?”

Jongin jumped surprised at Sehun speaking again. He stared at the other before looking at the people currently waiting for the ride to start. Most didn’t seem to care about the order. But he did notice when it was a couple or a group that rearranged themselves, the bigger person was on the outer side.

“I guess it does. Lighter people on the inside maybe?”

They were the same height. They were both thin. But Jongin could see that the other was just a bit thinner.

“I’ll be on the outside.”

Sehun looked him over before shrugging. Jongin felt small butterflies in his stomach at the thought of the other being pushed against them. He suddenly wondered if it’d be too late for Jongdae to join them.

Only looking right over at Jongdae and Luhan arguing, he knew that it’d be useless to even ask. Minseok stood staring at the two with a strained smile as if he was doing his best not to hit them to get them to stop arguing over how they’d sit. Sehun stood with a small bit of distance separating them and Jongin stepped back with him so they could watch.

“Why should you get to sit next to Minseok? You hardly know him!”

“I’m trying to get to know him! Why can’t you go with Sehun and Jongin?”

In all fairness, Jongin was still surprised that Luhan consistently got his name right. And was actually managing the mixing groups thing well. The other was probably a better people person than Jongin could hope to be.

“That’s enough.”

Jongin and Sehun both watched as Jongdae and Luhan both shut up at Minseok’s stern tone. Jongin caught Sehun trying to hide a snicker behind his hand and he struggled to hide his own small laugh with a cough.

“I’ll sit in the middle.”

“Then I’ll sit on the outside.”

Jongdae scoffed at Luhan. “I’ll have fun squishing you.”

Luhan looked affronted before smiling happily as the line started moving and soon they were getting into their carts.

Jongin rubbed at his ribs slightly as they stood in line for the next ride. Sehun hardly weighed anything as he was being shoved against him, but his elbows were a bit bonier than he’d been expecting.

“It’s tall.”

Jongin looked up blinking at Sehun’s sudden comment. “Uhm yeah. Maybe as tall as the Ferris wheel?”

Sehun looked it over before glancing at Luhan.

“We should try not to go when he goes on.”

“We” they were unofficially partners for the rides seeing on how Jongdae and Luhan were already fighting over who would get on with Minseok. The other watching getting slightly annoyed.

“Why is that?”

“Luhan’s afraid of heights.”

“Oh.”

Jongin hoped that wasn’t something he was expected to know. Sehun didn’t look at him strangely or anything so he suspected that it was okay not to know. Looking at Luhan you wouldn’t guess. But Jongin wasn’t sure why Luhan was willing to get on the ride. Or maybe he hadn’t looked up at it yet.

Jongdae seemed to have heard Sehun as he quickly pulled away from Minseok and Luhan.

“Fine I’ll get on alone. But only because it looks like we’re going to be cut off right now so have fun you two. Bye.”

Jongin and Sehun both blinked at Jongdae waving Luhan and Minseok happily as if they hadn’t been spending so much time arguing. Luhan looked happy until Minseok pulled him along to the ride and he looked around.

They watched as Luhan seemed to be trying not to run off as he was strapping himself in. Sehun seemed to be waiting for him to do it. Jongin watched wondering how he was barely noticing. Jongdae tried not to smile so mischievously at them. Minseok remained oblivious and was cheering and getting impatient for it to start.

Luhan’s face was pale the second the ride started. It built up slowly. Each time they passed by Minseok looked eager to go faster, Luhan just looked like he was trying to remember to breathe. It wasn’t much longer until everybody was screaming. Luhan was the loudest, yelling strings of profanities and nonsense in different languages.

“Wow. He’s on.”

Sehun let out a whistle and shook his head. Jongin let out a deep breath as he listened to Luhan screaming as they stayed hanging from the top.

“Oh my gosh, that’s hilarious.”

Jongdae had a huge smile on his face and didn’t even try hiding his laughing at this point. Jongin thought that Sehun would be upset over Jongdae laughing but the other had a small grin on his own face. So he just watched helplessly before joining their laughing at Minseok yelling over Luhan that it was the best ride and they should go again.

When they finally stopped, they watched as Luhan struggled to step down and Minseok eventually helped him down to a bench. Jongdae hummed as they were getting on before waving at them.

“We’ll have fun!”

Luhan looked like he was struggling not to throw up but he still managed to glare at Jongdae. Minseok waved happily with both arms at them.

“Have fun!”

Jongin held on tightly and watched as Sehun did the same.

“You aren’t afraid of heights right?”

Sehun turned to him blinking. “I’m not Luhan. If I was, I wouldn’t have gotten on.”

“Oh okay.”

Sehun didn’t seem afraid but he still screamed the higher they went. Jongin watched him from the corner of his eye the best he could, but the other never seemed too scared. He just never really smiled like Jongin was hoping for.

When they got off Luhan looked a lot better. He waved off a concerned Sehun and grabbed onto Jongin. The taller looking down at him surprised but restraining himself from showing it as they all walked on.

“He’s evil. He has to go.”

“What?”

“Jongdae. He’s evil.”

Jongin laughed until Luhan squeezed his arm tightly and he coughed to stop himself. The others glanced back at them but looked back as Minseok seemed to find another ride and started pulling them along.

“He’s not evil. He’s just protective.”

Luhan scoffed. “Whatever. Either way he goes.”

“Goes where?”

“The other group or maybe some of my friends.”

“He won’t appreciate that. It’d be easier for you to explain to him why you want to hang out with Minseok.”

Luhan looked ready to talk back, but Minseok called for both of them as they were about to get on a ride. Jongin walked to him but Luhan blocked his way, his eyes and expression stubborn.

“He joins somebody else. You explain or I will.”

Jongin watched him walk quickly to Minseok. He shook his head wondering still, what he’d gotten them into.

 

~A/N~

I'm sorry I got busy. Thank you for reading