The start

Was this really a good idea?

Sehun loved this feeling. It felt so much like he imagined flying to be and the wind felt calming as it hit his face. He knew he was just on a ride at a fair, but he really couldn’t deny that feeling of being somewhere else. Almost as if he was really flying above everything else.

~

He didn’t miss it. The ride he was on was ending but he knew what he saw. He quickly waved his friends off and continued in the direction of the ride he had been watching. The image of a peaceful face with hair appearing to be dancing in the wind played over and over in his mind.

Whoever it was seemed almost as if they were able to touch the sky and the expression on their face seemed so content with everything. Jongin needed to meet this person just to be sure they were real.

The ride was ending, and it was only for this reason, that the swings began to level and he could look for the face that held the beautiful smile.

Only the face wasn’t smiling anymore. The boy seemed to be coming out of shock before his face settled on a bored expression as he began to get off the ride.

He was only a few steps from his seat when a guy of familiar height with black hair latched onto him. Jongin’s hands clutched onto the railing as he heard a whine before the black haired one began nuzzling his face into the other’s neck.

Jongin wasn’t sure why but he felt the need to call out to the complete stranger in the hope that it would make the black haired guy release his hold on him.

He reluctantly let go of the railing as the two were exiting the ride. He waited a bit before casually walking ahead and standing off to the side, pretending to be interested in another ride close to where the two met up with another pair.

The pair was a bit awkward looking from what Jongin could tell. One was tall, very tall actually, and he also had a very serious expression that seemed to make most people try to avoid him. A lot of girls stared at them, but mostly from a distance because he towered over everybody around.

Jongin wondered briefly who was taller, this giant or his friend Chanyeol who he always referred to as a giant elf. And then there was the other one who was actually shorter than the other three with light orange-pink hair. Jongin blinked at the sight before needing to blink yet again at the scene in front of him.

The shorter, pink haired male was trying to fix the rainbow colored hair of the boy that Jongin was curious about. Had Jongin noticed the rainbow hair beforehand? No, not really because the roots were still a dark brown and he’d been more focused on his face. Did he notice it now? Very much.

He watched as the shorter one ruffled and tossed around the rainbow colored tips this way and that as if rearranging it would somehow hide that the majority of the hair was a pastel rainbow.

He was so busy staring that he hadn’t realized the black haired one whispering to the taller one and stealing glances at how much he was staring in their direction. He hadn’t noticed how as soon as the shorter one had stepped away, the black haired one latched onto him whispering something in his ear.

He stayed staring as the rainbow haired one looked ahead disinterested. He stayed behind as they started to walk forward not noticing the absence of pink hair moving with them.

Jongin debated following them for a bit. Just to see if the other would maybe smile again. Maybe the other would smile soon and he could get back to his friends before he lost them.

Just as he was about to take a step forward to follow along, an arm reached across his shoulder and playfully brought him down into a head lock.

“What’s up? Been a while since I’ve seen you.”

Jongin looked up to find the pinkish haired male looking at him. The other’s face was close enough for Jongin to get a much better look.

He was a bit pale but really handsome. He was looking at him with a playful half smile but with serious eyes. He lowered himself down more so he could talk to him quietly.

“Why the hell are you staring at my friend so much, huh?”

Jongin didn’t know what to say. This guy looked serious with a raised eyebrow and firm set in his jaw. The head lock he was in tightened a bit and Jongin motioned for the other to loosen up a bit.

The other let him go and Jongin straightened himself up and rubbed at his neck blushing madly at having been caught. The shorter looked at him a little impatiently. Jongin cleared his throat and looked away.

“I- uh…” Jongin thought about maybe lying but one glance at the other’s narrowing eyes told him that he’d get caught right away. “I kind of just wanted to see him smile, that’s all…”

The other blinked at him a bit before bursting out laughing. Jongin blushed even more and let his head bow down a bit to hide it.

“Oh my god. You’re so serious about it but it’s so ridiculous. Seriously? Tao said you wouldn’t stop staring and was worried you wanted to hurt Sehun but wow. Oh my god wow, he’ll love this.”

Jongin’s ears started burning and he turned wide eyed. “I’d never hurt anybody. I just couldn’t. I swear.”

The other had been laughing but stopped and looked at him seriously. “You had better not be joking. Just because his hair is a rainbow, doesn’t mean you can pick on him or anything. Or follow him like a creep.”

Jongin blushed again and gulped. So the other guy’s name was Sehun. He looked around quickly hoping that the other wasn’t nearby watching. Instead he saw Minseok walking toward them.

“There you are. Jongin, you can’t just run off like that. We were starting to get worried.”

Minseok looked a bit upset and Jongin felt embarrassed and guilty. He rubbed at the back of his neck and was about to apologize and explain when the other guy stepped between them.

“Sorry about that. It’s my fault, Jongin here saw me and wanted to say hi and we were just talking a bit. I’m Luhan by the way.”

Jongin blinked. ‘Luhan’ had him in a head lock less than five minutes ago. ‘Luhan’ was now talking pleasantly with Minseok, shooting him a charming smile and talking about Jongin as if they actually knew each other.

Minseok blinked at Luhan before giving a big smile and stretching his hand out to the other. “I’m Minseok nice to meet you.”

Luhan shook his hand and smiled even more leaving Jongin a bit unsure of why he suddenly had a bad feeling.

“Sorry, can I talk to Jongin about something real quick?”

Minseok blinked at Luhan. Jongin wanted to look for a place to hide. Minseok laughed a bit before shaking his head and walked to a nearby ride that he could see the others on.

Behind Luhan, he saw Sehun returning with the other two. Luhan hummed. “I have an idea, Jonginnie.”

Jongin gulped but sighed carefully as he saw Sehun stop a distance away with the other two and barely give him a glance. His eyes stayed on him just a little bit longer before he turned back to Luhan who was waiting expectantly.

“Uhm okay… what kind of idea?”

Luhan stared at him and gave him a long hard look. “First of all, swear that you really have no intentions of hurting Sehun.”

Jongin almost choked at the other’s tone and question. The other was getting at something but Jongin was starting to feel a bit uneasy. He swallowed the small lump in his throat before answering the other, stammering.

“I really don’t want to hurt him. I just saw him smiling on a ride and thought he looked beautiful was all.”

Jongin was wide eyed and blushing again, embarrassed at having said what he just did. Luhan was practically beaming at him. And simultaneously trying not to crack up again.

“Good. Second of all, does Minseok have a girlfriend or boyfriend?”

Jongin’s uneasy feeling was back and he looked Luhan over quickly. Minseok’s gonna kill him. Luhan looked like a huge flirt. Jongin was dead. Luhan raised an eyebrow at him impatiently and Jongin hesitated before shaking his head carefully.

Luhan snorted. “You need to talk more. Ok now here’s my idea. Let’s all hang out tonight.”

Jongin blinked. He blinked hard. “What.”

Luhan repeated himself and Jongin stared. “You’re serious.”

Luhan narrowed his eyes. “Of course, I am. Come on I’m brilliant. You obviously want to get to Sehun. Your friend Minseok looks hot. I won’t hesitate to ask him out just like this but I really don’t want you creeping on Sehun like you’ve been for the last few minutes, so let’s do this.”

Jongin blushed yet again and started stammering. “You can’t be serious. You actually want me to use Minseok like that? How do I know you won’t hurt him or anything?”

Luhan looked a bit annoyed. “I’m trusting you with Sehun who’s like my kid brother. I think I’m offering up a pretty good trade here. It’s just for tonight, if things work out then they work out and we’ll see after that.”

Jongin gulped. Luhan looked very, very serious. He also looked very, very determined as if he was about to just walk up to Jongin’s friends and tell them himself. He hesitated and glanced again at Sehun. The other currently had his hands in his pocket and was frowning at losing a game. Would the other really smile?

“Uh…”

Luhan probably would just go right up to Minseok. But there was no way that Jongin would have the guts to just walk up to Sehun. Luhan looked at him with a smirk and Jongin knew that the other already knew his anger.

“I guess.”

Luhan gave an evil innocent smile. “Of course you do.” He then glanced at Minseok with such a normal expression that left Jongin a bit dizzy because really what was this guy?

“So will you go and tell them or can I tell Minseok myself?”

Jongin groaned that’s right, he’s some sort of evil. Luhan made and odd noise between a chuckle and a giggle. Jongin wanted to slap himself.

He was so dead.

 

~A/N~

I should not be working on three stories at once but I'm terrible at focusing. Also updating regularly. On the plus side I have most of this story figured out just not written out. It shouldn't take too long for any who are interested. It should be mostly short and sweet(ish).