Split up

Was this really a good idea?

“We’re doing what?”

Jongin wanted to hide somewhere, anywhere actually. Luhan had left him, practically skipping to go and talk to his friends, leaving Jongin to awkwardly explain to his own that they’d all be hanging out.

When asked how he knew Luhan, Jongin cautiously changed the subject because he really had no answer. Luhan left so quickly, Jongin hadn’t really had the chance to even think to ask.

“Uhm. Hanging out with Luhan and his friends?”

Jongin answered Jongdae before moving aside to semi-hide behind Minseok. Jongdae was the one who first asked how he knew Luhan and Jongin was hesitant to lie to him. Jongdae could always tell right away when Jongin would try to lie.

“Oh, come on, Jongdae! Let’s do it, it could be fun!”

Chanyeol’s voice boomed and Jongdae half turned to him, glaring for having startled a couple walking by. Baekhyun snickered and laughed at Jongdae.

“Let’s do it Jongdae. Jongin’s asking nicely and his friends are our friends, right?”

Jongdae started turning red and Jongin felt bad knowing that Baekhyun was probably teasing him about something from when they were younger. It was his fault that his friends were arguing.

“Luhan seems nice. And the more the merrier, right?”

Jongdae’s mouth turned into a tight line at Minseok’s words but Jongin understood why. It wasn’t a suggestion, it was the eldest final say in the matter.

Jongdae looked down at the floor quietly and Jongin hesitated before clearing his throat, waiting for Jongdae to look back up. He smiled apologetically and Jongdae gave a small smile back. He looked across at Luhan who only gave an innocent smile before approaching them with his friends.

Luhan walked to them and approached his friends with a wide smile and excitedly introduced himself and the others. Tao was the intimidating black haired guy that Jongin had gotten jealous of earlier. Yifan was the taller one who furrowed his brows and looked like he was getting a headache. Sehun barely nodded at them.

Jongin gulped. Would this really be okay?

He cleared his throat and introduced himself before trying to introduce his friends. Chanyeol interrupted him loudly and introduced everybody until Jongdae told him to stop being so loud.

Luhan laughed loudly as he must have noticed Chanyeol’s obvious excitement and Minseok’s willingness to join.

“This’ll be great. I can just tell.”

Yifan cleared his throat. “Well as lovely as this seems, I don’t think we can move around as well in such a large group.”

Jongdae eyed him before agreeing. “I agree with this guy. Should we mix the group and split up to meet up again later?”

Jongin blinked. Jongdae seemed okay with this. At least not as against it as he had been. And he came up with a plan too. This was why he was one of his favorited friends. The others put their agreement in vocally but Sehun just shrugged, making Jongin worried.

Luhan latched onto Minseok. “Well, I already know Jongin so can I pair with you?”

Jongin cringed as Luhan smiled brightly at Minseok and just seemed obvious. Minseok blinked before smiling wide and nodding at Luhan, who seemed happy. Jongin caught Jongdae huffing and looking away shaking his head.

“We’ll join these guys.”

They all turned to Chanyeol’s loud voice as he practically threw his arms around Tao and Yifan. Tao seemed surprised and flinched a little. Yifan just blinked repeatedly and looked at Chanyeol shocked.

Jongin got his answer of who was taller. Chanyeol stood just a little bit shorter and it was very strange to see.

“We?” Luhan asked blinking.

“Chanyeol and Baekhyun usually stick together like glue.” Jongin answered him.

Luhan nodded slowly. “Then that works. Tao usually sticks to Yifan.” He then turned to Jongdae and raised an eyebrow at him. “Do you plan on joining them?”

“Not really. From the look of it, it’s practically a double date.”

Jongin blinked and both he and Luhan turned back to Chanyeol talking to the two excitedly and Baekhyun easily joining them.

“But your friends the only short one.”

Luhan got socked on the arm by Jongdae. Minseok probably would have too if he wasn’t busy trying to get Sehun to talk. Jongin stepped aside slightly as Baekhyun made his way over to them, clearly having heard.

“You’re not that much taller.” He scoffed at Luhan before turning to Jongdae. “But seriously, they’re giants, please go with us.”

Jongdae and Jongin both blinked at Baekhyun.

“You really want me to go with you guys?”  Jongdae asked surprised and slightly hesitant. Baekhyun hardly ever said please. Luhan just watched slightly bored.

“Yes, seriously. I don’t want to be alone with tall people.”

Baekhyun already seemed annoyed, as if it took a lot of effort to ask just once. Jongdae swallowed before looking at Baekhyun as if he was about to say yes.

“Well in that case…not a chance.”

Baekhyun’s face dropped and Luhan burst out laughing. Jongin barely caught Baekhyun as he reached out to grab Jongdae, who had a huge grin on his face.

“I actually thought you were going to say yes. you, Jongdae.”

“You asked me nicely and you never do, so why would I go? You and Chanyeol might convince the other two to gang up on me. Or you’ll just tell embarrassing stories about me.”

“You idiot! I can do that without you there too.”

“See you just admitted it!”

“Both of you behave.”

Minseok stepped in to stop their bickering. Luhan tried to cover up his laughing with a coughing fit. Jongdae and Baekhyun both stood up straight and avoided looking at Minseok.

Jongin stared, always surprised at Minseok’s control over the two. He didn’t notice Sehun sneak next to him with his arms crossed over his chest and the slightest hint of amusement on his face.

“Oh come on Baek, let’s just go. We’ll make sure not to lose you or anything. If Jongdae doesn’t want to come than that’s fine.” Chanyeol quickly joined in, finally having noticed his friend getting worked up.

Jongin caught Tao whispering to Yifan and the taller furrowing his brows more and shaking his head. He wasn’t too sure if they’d be included in the ‘we’.

Baekhyun narrowed his eyes and turned to Jongdae, huffing. “If anybody starts mocking me with them then I’m starting all of your embarrassing stories. If I get lost, I’m hunting you down.”

Jongdae scoffed. “And do what?”

Minseok cleared his throat and they both looked away, shifting on their feet. Jongin did the same after the silence and noticed Sehun standing next to him watching his friends closely.

The sight unnerved him slightly as the other wore a poker face that made it difficult for Jongin to guess what the other might have been thinking about anything actually.

“So we’ve decided how we’ll split up then?”

Luhan shoved his hands in his pockets and stood impatiently but close to Minseok. The other’s nodded. Baekhyun went to join Chanyeol and the other two with only a slight scowl. Jongdae stood on Minseok's other side and Jongin caught Luhan’s frown.

“We’ll have to meet up somewhere though.”

Jongdae started and Minseok nodded eagerly.

“Even if we bump into each other a few times around, it’s probably best if we decide on a place now and not change it. We can just meet up there may be a half hour before everything’s closed.”

Luhan stared in amazement at Minseok and Jongin wanted to hit him for staring at him so obviously. But with Sehun next to him he felt worried to move too much compared to how still he was.

“How about with Kyungsoo?”

Jongin and his friends turned to stare at Tao who hadn’t spoken aloud to them yet. They heard his accent and figured that was why.

Suddenly Luhan was clapping his hands and patting the other on the back before talking to the other in Chinese. Jongin turned to Sehun to see if maybe he was following anything but the other seemed to be distracted.

“Ok then. We’ll meet up with Kyungsoo. Our group will probably stop by to let him know. We’ll stop by with Joonmyun too.”

Jongin wanted to ask Luhan who he was talking about, but the other was already starting to pull them away excitedly. Minseok followed along and so did Jongdae but with a small frown.

Sehun and Jongin started following slowly but Minseok turned suddenly to the other group who was starting to be dragged away by an overly excited Chanyeol.

“Try to get a hold of Yixing. He said he’d come but he might have forgotten. We’ll try too. We’ll see you guys later.”

“Have fun, Baek!”

Jongdae shouted as well and grinned as the other cursed and turned to flip him off.

They were headed in opposite directions and weren’t that far when Sehun finally spoke.

“So, maybe twelve people?”

It was quiet and only he heard since Luhan was trying to talk to Minseok and Jongdae kept butting in. He turned to the other hearing the slightest lisp. The other was frowning slightly and his brows were a bit furrowed as he seemed to be thinking to himself.

“We’re nine right now. You guys have two more, our friend might be around but we don’t know. So yeah maybe twelve.”

The other nodded before fixing his face back into being expressionless. Jongin stared for only a second longer before facing forward.

 

~A/N~

So in all honesty, I had almost all of this written out before I put up the first chapter. Unfortunately, I always tend to forget how busy May is for me. It took me maybe four or five times to actually type up what I had written out and just nonw to end the chapter. Thank you very much for your interst in this story.