006

Touchy

Jaebum grabbed his bag as he got up from the swings and headed towards the direction of his home. He ruffled his hair a little bit while trying to remind himself what he was going to do. Just walk to his room and do his homework fast. That's all. Jaebum headed up the stairs to his house and opened the door slowly. He peeked in to see if any of his brothers were home. It seemed that none of them were home yet so Jaebum quietly stepped in and closed the front door before running to his room. He opened the door to his room and stepped in with a huge sigh of relief. 

Setting his bag on the floor, Jaebum laid down on his bed with a quiet yawn. Today was just hard to understand. He spent a few minutes looking up the ceiling before he heard his door open. Jaebum lifted his head up to see Mark standing at the doorway. He slowly sat up and watched his brother walk over to him before sitting down in front of him. Silence filled the room as Jaebum and Mark just looked at each other.

Mark wanted to say something but he wasn't sure how to approach Jaebum. 

Jaebum didn't want to talk to anyone, especially Mark.

But Jaebum knew that his other five brothers were at his doorway with slightly worried expressions. He sighed lightly before looking over at his brothers. "You all are already in my room. It doesn't make sense to try and hide when I can see you guys," he said coldly.

His five brothers stepped in cautiously while Jaebum hugged his knees to his chest. "What do you all want from me?" he asked.

"Just listen..." Mark answered softly.

"Listen to what you six brothers...no. We aren't brothers. You guys are brothers and liars," Jaebum muttered.

"Look. We just want to say that we were meaning to tell you that you aren't our brother," Jackson said.

"I got a bunch of liars instead of loving brothers," Jaebum mumbled to himself.

"We're gonna tell you about your deceased parents," Bambam nodded.

"I know what happened. They died in a car accident. Now I'm apparently adopted because my mother said something huh?" Jaebum retorted. His six brothers blinked in surprise. "How did you know?" Jinyoung asked.

"I thought about it at the park. Why would you six adopt me in the first place? I figured it wasn't your choice," Jaebum rolled his eyes. He had enough. He just wanted to sleep instead of dealing with his brothers and homework. "Are you guys done talking to me? I'm dead tired," he mumbled. His brothers nodded once and then Jaebum pointed to the door. "I don't want to talk to you guys for a while. Now get out," he growled.

"But..." Jackson started. Jaebum stood up and walked over to Jackson before glaring at him. "Did I stutter, dear 'brother'?" he asked coldly. Mark tried to signal for Jackson to not reply but Jackson just turned and walked out the room. Yugyeom, Youngjae, Bambam and Jinyoung followed suit, which left Jaebum with Mark. Jaebum turned slightly to look at Mark with cold eyes. "What are you still doing in here, 'brother'?" he asked.

"To comfort you," Mark answered.

"What do you want?" Jaebum sighed as he moved to sit on his bed again. Mark moved closer to Jaebum and wrapped his arms around his waist. Jaebum looked at Mark in confusion. "What is it now?" he asked softly. Mark smiled softly and pressed a light kiss on Jaebum's forehead. "You were scared, weren't you?" he asked.

"Scared?" Jaebum raised an eyebrow.

"To be able to face me and your brothers," Mark nodded as he pressed a kiss on Jaebum's cheek.

"That and I don't know how to choose...," Jaebum sighed.

"I know you well, Jaebummie~," Mark said in a teasing tone.

"That doesn't mean I chose you six over Shownu!" Jaebum exclaimed as he turned red.

"Well, even if you don't, we are going to still your heart away," Youngjae called out from the living room. 

"That is very true. Heck. Why don't you try going somewhere with each of us?" Mark suggested.

"It sounds like a good idea but knowing you six...you guys would follow Shownu and me," Jaebum relaxed against Mark while moving his arms around Mark's neck. 

"We won't. All of us should be given a chance and we won't sabotage his chances," Mark grinned as he kissed Jaebum on the nose.

"You...what is it with you and giving me kisses?" Jaebum wrinkled his nose slightly.

"Hey! Yien! Stop getting a headstart out of all of us!" Jinyoung yelled from the doorway. Jaebum turned his head to see his five other brothers pouting at him. Chuckling softly, he turned a little bit and gestured for them to come over to him. They all ran over and tried to give Jaebum kisses and hugs but it was a little bit too much for Jaebum. He pushed them away slightly while his cheeks turned a different shade of red. His six brothers cooed at how cute Jaebum looked. 

Jaebum hoped that he would be able to choose between his brothers and Shownu because apparently, the world was cruel enough to not let him love seven people equally.