004

Touchy

A few hours later, Jaebum woke up with a start. Was that a bad dream and he had just woken up? He really hoped it was since he wouldn't know how to face his three older brothers. Jaebum slowly got out of what he hoped was his own bed but nope, he was in the infirmary. So...it was a reality. His brothers wanted him...were they even considered brothers if they wanted him in that aspect? Well, he hoped it was just his three oldest brothers that he had to worry about. The nurse looked over at him with a smile and asked, "Are you feeling better?"

"I think I am...wait who carried me in?" Jaebum answered as he looked around the infirmary.

"Yugyeom. He said he saw you collapse on the rooftop," the nurse reached up and placed her palm on his forehead to check his temperature "Hm...you aren't sick, which is good. Be careful when you go back to class, okay?" Jaebum simply nodded as he walked out of the infirmary and into the hallway. He strted to think of how to face his brothers but it was pretty hard to figure that out. Should he just smile? Should he ignore them? He didn't know how to answer to his three oldest brothers at all. 

While walking towards his afternoon class, Jaebum spotted Yugyeom standing outside his classroom. "Yuggie? What are you doing here? Don't you have class?" he called out. Yugyeom looked up to see Jaebum before reaching over to pull him into a hug. Jaebum looked up at Yugyeom with a slightly confused expression before wrapping his arms around him. "What is it, Yuggie?" he whispered.

"I know what happened on the rooftop," Yugyeom whispered simply. Jaebum looked up at Yugyeom in surprise. "Does that mean...you too...?" he asked. Yugyeom nodded once before brushing his lips against Jaebum's nose. "I'm sorry...but you aren't our youngest brother anymore. We'll tell you the truth tonight," he apologized.

"I...I'm not?" Jaebum stuttered.

"Don't take it the way...We still love you..." Yugyeom trailed off. Jaebum knew he shouldn't run away from something like this but he had no idea how to even handle the fact that he wasn't a brother to them. He smiled softly and reached up to Yugyeom's cheek. "I want to ask Shownu about this but..." Jaebum smiled brightly up at Yugyeom "I think I can handle this on my own." Yugyeom could only smile at how grown up his little brother...no...this little baby, he had come to love, became. Jaebum slowly removed his arms away from Yugyeom before thinking for a little bit. "Does this mean I belong to six different people or am I allowed to love all six of them?" he asked.

"I don't know...aren't you going to class?" Yugyeom answered.

"Class is almost over...I need some time to think about this," Jaebum nodded as he ran off. Yugyeom could only watch Jaebum run away as he sighed a little bit. 'This doesn't seem to be going the way we wanted,' he thought while walking back to his class.

Jaebum ran back to the rooftop and gasped. What was he suppose to think? Can he even love six different people that he was always calling brothers? What can he even do? He wanted to scream. He wanted to cry but nothing came out. All he could feel right now was his heart beating at a steady pace. Does he even love them the way they love him? Jaebum sat down and brought his knees to his chest. He told Yugyeom that he would try to not ask anyone for advice for this but this was just too much for him. How can he even have feelings for people that he always considered family? He looked at the horizon and sighed to himself. The silence around him made him think a little bit too much. For a few minutes, Jaebum just buried his head into his arms as he tried to find a solution to his problem. Unfortunately, nothing was coming up in his mind.

"Hey, Jaebum!" his best friend called out. Jaebum looked up and over his shoulder as Shownu ran over to him. "Hey, I was looking for you," he moved to sit next to Jaebum.

"I've been here the whole time..." Jaebum whispered quietly.

"Ah...what's up?" Shownu nudged Jaebum gently.

"I...don't know how to face my brothers," Jaebum sighed.

"Hm...do you want to walk home with me? I can tell your brothers to meet you at home," Shownu offered. Jaebum looked over at Shownu and slowly nodded before laying his head on his shoulder. Shownu took his phone out and texted one of Jaebum's brothers while moving one arm around his waist. "Did your brothers do something?" he asked softly.

"I just learned that I'm not their brother," Jaebum looked down.

"Mm...you are really slow," Shownu teased as he gently pinched Jaebum's side.

"I am...wait what do you mean?" Jaebum looked over at Shownu with big eyes.

"I'm saying that you just knew this now. I figured it out when I first met you," Shownu grinned. Jaebum slowly stood up and huffed at Shownu. "You didn't tell me?!" he yelled.

"Well...I thought it was obvious with how affectionate your brothers seem. Don't they kiss you good morning or something?" Shownu asked.

"They do kiss but I never..." Jaebum trailed off. Shownu pulled Jaebum closer and pressed a kiss on his forehead. "I promise to walk you home but I wanted you to know that...I didn't become your best friend just because you're nice," he whispered. Jaebum widened his eyes in confusion as he looked up at Shownu in surprise. "What do you...are you saying...?" he asked, knowing full well what Shownu meant. 

"Yeah. I like you too." 

With that, Shownu gave Jaebum one more kiss on the forehead before telling him that he would see him at the school entrance. He walked down the stairs while a very dazed Jaebum was trying to register what the hell just happened.