005

Touchy

Who will you choose?

Jaebum started towards the school entrance with his bag while having a bunch of thoughts run through his head. He groaned to himself as he turned towards the direction of his home. He had just walked past Shownu, who was trying to talk to him, but he could care less. This was the first time he ever had gone head to head with love. As he rounded the corner of a sidewalk with Shownu talking nonstop, Jaebum saw his six brothers waiting for him. He stopped in his tracks while looking at them in mild surprise. "Let's go home, lil bro," Youngjae gestured. Jaebum wasn't sure if he should go with his brothers just like that but his little brother instincts kicked in. They told him to be a good brother and follow them. He gave in to his instincts and started to walk towards his brothers but Shownu had grabbed Jaebum's hand and pulled him back into a hug. Jaebum blushed slightly at the hug while Shownu glared at his six brothers. His brothers glared back at him. Bambam stepped towards them and grabbed onto Jaebum's hand. "Let my little brother go," he said calmly.

"No way," Shownu snickered.

"Why not?" Jinyoung asked as he walked over to help Jaebum as well.

"Because he's going to stay over at my house," Shownu stuck his tongue out at them.

"Did we approve though?" Mark questioned. Jaebum felt the atmosphere tense as he turned his head slightly to look from his brothers to Shownu. Mark had walked over and started to pry Shownu's fingers off of Jaebum. Jackson looked as if he was ready to fight. Jinyoung didn't look too happy. Youngjae had crossed his arms and glared at Shownu. Bambam was holding onto one of Jaebum's hand and Yugyeom was looking at Jaebum with a soft smile. Shownu was proving to be tough since he didn't loosen his hold around Jaebum.

What was he suppose to do?

Jaebum yanked his hand from Bambam and wiggled out from Shownu's embrace before he let out a frustrated scream.

This just wasn't fair to him!

How was he suppose to answer to the confessions of his best friend and his 'brothers'?

Jaebum then turned to look at his brothers and Shownu with a glare. "You...all you guys are so unfair! Telling me this out of the blue and then expecting an answer?! What the hell is going on?! I just got hit with a bunch of information that I never knew about and then you guys start fighting over me?! All...All of you guys don't even consider how I feel!" he shouted before running past his brothers and Shownu.

He ran.

He ran past his home.

He ran towards his favorite place.

The park.

Jaebum ran to the swings and sat down on one of them. He slowly started to swing himself as he tried to calm himself down, which was pretty rare. He didn't know what to do anymore. He didn't think he had a place where he called home. Jaebum wasn't even sure if he could take the news that he wasn't a brother at all. Sighing to himself, he covered his face with his hands and sobbed. What should he do? Where was that one person who comforted him when he was a small toddler? For the first time in his life, Jaebum felt all alone.

Meanwhile...

His brothers and Shownu were yelling at each other at who's fault this was but Mark and Jinyoung were leaning against the car and thinking of where Jaebum could have run off to. "We messed up, didn't we?" Mark mumbled.

"We did. You think he will come back home if we found him?" Jinyoung asked.

"I doubt it. We can force him to come back but it doesn't mean he'll just follow. He'll just ignore us for a few months...possibly years," Mark answered as he rubbed his temples.

"But we didn't lie to him when we admitted that we wanted him," Jinyoung nodded.

"It's his first time hearing confessions," Mark snorted.

"Maybe we were unfair to him...," Jinyoung trailed off.

Mark just shrugged after that as he watched his four other brothers walk back to the car with frustrated expressions. Shownu was walking past them with an angry expression. Mark watched as his brothers started to yell and shout but Jinyoung quickly made them quiet with one pointed look. He then looked over at Mark and patted his shoulder. "Let's go home and hope he comes home before we look for him..." Jinyoung suggested. Mark nodded at the statement as he and his brothers started to worry about Jaebum. 

The drive home was quiet but there was an unspoken agreement among all six brothers.

'Who's the adult in this situation?'

'None of us.'