Introducing the New Breeds

High School Rivals
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter - Introducing the New Breeds

A large room was decorated with class and style, in a theme of blacks and different shades of reds with silver linings. The furthest side of the room held a large flat screen T.V. situated within the middle of the wall that was coated with a fuzzy off-black material making it soft to the touch. Shelves around the television were simply scalped into the wall displayed top shelf bottles of expensive liquors from around the world. From the corner on the right had a full bar lined with red neon lights, behind it stood a nameless bartender wiping glasses, he wore all black and had a blank expression. On the opposite wall to the bar are were 4 empty metal cages with steel floor to ceiling poles in the center of each cage with red tinted spot lights shinning from above.

Lastly, was the wall where the tinted black door was, the whole wall was made of pitch black tinted bullet-proof glass that permitted the people from the inside of the room to see out but not vice versa. They were able to see the jam packed night club full of heated bodies on the dance floor, the crowd of young professional bumping and grinding. There was a raised platform where the D.J spun his hypnotizing beats within the well-known exclusive nightclub known for being guestlist only.

The door swung open filling the once calm room with blasting beats of techno, making the room vibrate with the mere force of the clubs highly exquisite sound system, the door moved to close again, flashing the golden plate reading 'V.I.P. ONLY' the music tuned down until it came to a complete silence as the door closed with a 'click'.

"Oi!" Seungri jumped over the back of the deep red velvet couch squeezing in between Taeyang and Daesung until they were forced to make room for him. A tear-drop shaped glass table held different drinks and bottles of champagne in an ice bucket. Across from them was an identical red couch.

With a cheesy grin, the trouble maker asked, "So what's going on? Why am I in here rather than out there on the dance floor shaking my boo-tay? That's what Mystic is for ya know."

"Dude, we're here every en night, chill your nuts for a bit." Jiyong flicked Seungri in the forehead when he leaned forward from his seat beside the Twins to grab his drink and downed it in one gulp.

"Another whisky." he said to the bartender with his glass in the air only occupied with two square ice cubes.

"No. You had enough, which was your third one." TOP spoke firmly as he kept his eyes closed, one gloved hand lazily resting across his leg that was in the air braced by the ankle propped up on his other knee. The other hand was limp, hanging off the couch with a glass of whisky; his fingers encircled the rim of the glass keeping it from shattering on the floor.

"You know that I'm not even closed to being buzzed and far, far from being hammered." Jiyong retorted with a scowl but called for a diet coke instead.

"So what's this all bout? I would prefer to be out there getting it on with a y mama rather than sittin' here doing nothing. We don't even have the T.V on or playing cards or a drinking game-" Seungri riled up again, sipping a champagne flute.

Taeyang laughed with a twitching left eye, leaned over on his side and…

"Ow! Taeyang! Why the did you hit me in the head for?" Seungri whined.

"I wanted to hear the hollow sound it makes again." The mooned eyed boy said easily as he grinned and grabbed his glass of mountain dew.

"Why you-"

"Enough, we don't have time for this." Seungri was just about to jump Taeyang but TOP's voice had stopped him, just as it had stopped everyone in what they were doing and gave their full attention to the silver haired teen.

"Daesung." TOP's command was crystal clear in the way he said the name of the boy.

"Yow! Destroyers, I have to go. Ya the server is really laggy, next time I'll be admin. I really gotta go though. Bye." Daesung said this all quickly and after a few button pressings, he pushed the head set down so they hung around his neck.

"Affirmative. I mean, okay, so I finished the background check on the NB's" Daesung stated starting up a data-base program he designed himself.

 The others moved their drinks to one side of the table, making room for Daesung's laptop, the brown mop of hair flopped carelessly as the boy slid down leaning against the side of the couch sitting on the plush carpet. The others crowded around the laptop.

"The who?" Taeyang asked curiously with a raised eyebrow.

"N.B. stands for the New Breed. Chaerin Lee's gang. I call them the NB's for short since they are no longer an official gang but a family of friends. The gang's official name was Assassination Breed and that's exactly what they did and they did it well with deadly precision. They had originated from Fabling City, a smaller city in Japan. Four years ago was when the gang was formed with a total of twenty-one members. The leader and founder was Hong-jun Lee-"

"Who is he to short stuff?" Jiyong interrupted, surprising the other guys but he played it off like he didn't notice.

"He's Chaerin's older brother."

"So that's where that tone of voice came from today. The one she used at lunch time, she's the rightful leader after her brother. So obviously she would get training and learn the ways of a ruler." Jiyong wondered out loud as he was hit with realization to the certain ranks he was messing around with today.

"But the gang had dismantled a few months ago ever since her brother Teddy, which is his nick name, had been in a coma for a year and ten months now from three gun shot wounds and ten stab wounds. The details as to how and why for the attack was covered up, but rumors are that it was a major gang brawl. It was said that Teddy took the numerous slashes of five poisoned blades for his sister by shielding her with his body before he was gunned down causing the body to go into shock and then fall into a comatose state. The rival gang was annihilated of course but not without a price. Four of their members were killed."

"Why did they break apart rather than letting her be the leader?" asked Seungri.

Deuk was the one to answer, "Probably because she was too weak to lead."

"Maybe or maybe not. Details are still shady. Though it was documented that it was her that chose to resign. But she’s not only part of a gang, her family’s background is even more shocking. She is the daughter of founder and current president of Lee Escrow.”

TOP’s eyes widened at this. “Lee Escrow is the top 1% of the 1%, billions.”

Daesung nodded and continued “ but it was well known her parents despised Chaerin since she was born a girl. Girls aren’t allowed to inherit leadership roles so after they found out Teddy their only son and successor was in a coma, they blamed it all on her. Even though she's part of the richest family in the world, she was never granted any money, it was only when she needed to look good in corporate get-togethers was when she was aloud to wear gowns and such. She basically grew up poor before her brother was able to convince his parents that either they leave her alone since he had enough money to spend on her or he would reject his position in the family company. Her school records are extensive, she would constantly get in trouble in school and even joined a street gang. She was pulled into her brother’s crew so he could look after her since he saw that she was turning cold and ruthless.  Her life seemed to be looking up for her after she joined Assassination Breeds before the accident with her brother, then everything went down hill." Daesung typed in a few commands.

Mini cut-outs of different newspapers strips filled the screen rapidly, it kept pulling all the articles for one certain day but the one thing they had in-common was that in each bold headline, there was always the famous company present 'Lee Escrow'.

"I’m pulling up the Fabling Times on July 1, 2010. Take a l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter