Action

Fatalis Dilemma
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

here's the new chapter, reuploaded! yesterday i DID update FD, and some were able to read it, but then aff went down and my account was on and off. i was trying to test if my account was still working and accidentally deleted the chapter x__x i went to sleep before aff was ok again and am only free now to re-paste everything (thank god i keep a copy of this chapter in my drafts.. i would cry if i had to rewrite the chapter over again >.<)

anyway, sorry i had so many of you confused.. enjoy reading! ^^

 

 

 

Sehun is at his desk, going over the documents when he notices a new email.

“Hello, this is Do Kyungsoo,” it says. “Will you be interested in getting coffee together with me? I know your company’s break is in another hour.”

Sehun stares at the typed words, frowning. Kyungsoo wants to meet up with him? Kai’s lover? But why? They hardly know each other.

There is probably something the other wants to talk to him about, but what?

Does he want to talk about Kai? Does he know of Sehun’s history with him?

Sehun sighs, closing his eyes. No point in trying to play the guessing game. He might as well go see Kyungsoo.

 

 

The coffee shop they agreed to meet at is a small but tranquil place a block away from his company. The table Kyungsoo had chosen and is sitting at when Sehun arrives is off in a corner, nondescript and is the perfect spot for a private conversation or two.

“Hello,” the other man greets when Sehun sits across from him. “Would you like to order something first? I already ordered mine.”

Sehun looks up at the waiter awaiting his order and slides his eyes to the menu. He isn’t really a fan of coffee in general, and doesn’t know the first thing about all the different flavors on the menu in front of him. “Umn, I’d like a hazelnut coffee, please,” he blurts out before wincing. It was the first thing that came to his mind even though he can make it himself.

“Hazelnut coffee…” Kyungsoo murmurs as the waiter bows and leaves. “That is Jongin’s favorite type of coffee, isn’t it? You guys share the same taste?”

“Umn, I―I guess so,” Sehun stumbles. He wonders how the other man knows that, but guesses it isn’t a surprise since he is dating Jongin’s brother so they must’ve met a few times.

“What is that saying called, when you be with someone for such a long time that your likes and dislikes start to be the same as each other’s…” Kyungsoo continues, voice thick and each words carefully pronounced. “I guess you guys must really love each other, huh.”

Sehun blinks before dropping his gaze. “It’s the same for you and Kai, isn’t it?”

“Of course,” the other answers, swirling the spoon inside his cup leisurely. “It has been… two years now, since we’ve begun dating. Our fathers became business partners, you see. That was how I met him.”

“I see…” Two years. Kai and Kyungsoo have been dating for two years.

Two years is a long time.

Two years was the time it took for Sehun to carry Sowon into term, the child finally being born, and then growing past his first birthday.

Sehun’s hands start to tremble slightly on the table, and he pulls them away to tuck them at his lap. When he looks up, Kyungsoo has been silently watching him the whole time.

“Are you okay?”

“Huh?”

“You look cold,” Kyungsoo clarifies, tilting his head. “Is the AC on too high? Or is it… the thought of Kai and I dating for two years that has you in cold sweat?”

“W―What?”

Kyungsoo nonchalantly takes a sip of his coffee before replying, “I know you guys went to the same high school. You guys used to date before, didn’t you?”

Sehun gnaws on his lip, wondering how to answer.

But then… the truth is always the best answer, isn’t it? Sehun has never liked to lie. “We did, but it is a thing of the past.”

“Is it?”

Sehun knits his eyebrows together. “What do you mean by that?”

“You are dating Jongin, sure, but do you love him? Or is it… do you love Kai instead and are using Jongin as a replacement?”

Sehun in a breath, eyes narrowing further. “I’m not dating Jongin because I want to replace Kai. They might be twins but they act differently, and I never thought of using Jongin like that. He deserves better.”

“Oh, really…?”

“Yes,” Sehun says, voice firm. “If you’re worried I’m going to steal Kai away from you or some such, you won’t need to. I’m not the type of person to come and wreck someone else’s relationship. I refuse to be the ‘third person’.”

“What noble, righteous words,” Kyungsoo comments. “No wonder he likes you so much.”

“Who…?” Does Kyungsoo mean Jongin? Or Kai?

The other, however, ignores his question and presses on. “I’m not worried you’ll be stealing Kai away from me. In fact, maybe I’ll be letting you.”

“What…?”

“Relationships form and break all the time, Oh Sehun,” the man elaborates. “If Kai and I were to break up someday… Would you want to get back together with Kai?”

Sehun leans back, pulling away from the table as his lips tremble. Not again. First Jongin, now Kyungsoo. Why does everyone keep asking him that?

What do they want him to answer?

Sehun closes his eyes, exhales. “I,” he answers, opening them and gazing straight at Kyungsoo, “am with Jongin.”

“Even if you don’t love him?”

“Why are you saying that?” Sehun cries out. “Do you want me to get together with your lover?”

“I wan

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter