Limitless

Fatalis Dilemma
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“How are you feeling now?”

The cup of chocolate milk inside his palms is warm, and Sehun is having a flashback to just a few days ago, when Jongin had also made him one after he had found out Kai has a new lover.

Jongin is always there to pick up Sehun’s tattered remains after Kai tears them apart.

“I’m okay… I’m sorry for bothering you, again…”

“Don’t say that. That’s what I’m here for, right?” The older touches his hand comfortingly, and Sehun gives him a small smile.

“So do you have these often? Panic attacks…?”

“Oh…”

“I don’t mean to be intrusive, but I just want to learn more about you so I can take care of you better, Sehun.”

Sehun looks into Jongin’s earnest eyes and sighs. “Just like you have claustrophobia, I’ve had anxiety disorder since I was little… I get stressed and anxious about a lot of things, and I’m very prone to panic attacks… It’s gotten better as I got older and had to learn to not trigger myself lest I worried Sowon, but… When faced with a particularly stressful situation, I sometimes can’t control myself…”

“I see…”

“I’m sorry, I’m someone full of problems,” Sehun blurts out, squeezing his eyes shut. “I have so many issues and baggages… I’m really not worthy of your affections. I’m―”

“Sehun.” The younger jolts when Jongin stands and pulls him up, too. “Come with me. I’d like to take you somewhere.”

“Huh?”

“Minseok?” Jongin is already flipping his phone out. “Reschedule all my appointments today. I trust you to do a good job handling any business for me the rest of the day. Yes.”

“Jongin…?”

“Okay, it’s done.” Jongin gives him a smile, pocketing his phone. “Let’s go.”

Before Sehun can respond, the older man is already tugging him outside, leaving Sehun to stumble behind, their intertwined hands giving flutters inside his chest.

 

 

Around three hours of car ride later, during which Jongin had refused to answer any questions about their destination and only smiled mysteriously at him, Sehun finds himself facing an endless amount of water.

“This is the Gyeongpo Beach,” Jongin tells him, leading the way after he parked the car in front of a cabin. “It’s one of the best beaches to go to that’s closest to Seoul. I go here a lot when I want to relax.”

“You… took me to a beach?” Sehun asks, bumbling after him as they head up a wooden dock. “You’re not planning to swim, are you?” The weather certainly is nice, but… Neither of them brought a swimsuit, and Sehun isn’t sure if he really has the energy nor mind to swim right now.

“Not quite. Come,” Jongin grabs his hand again, guiding him down the dock until they see a big boat gleaming white and blue in the distance. “Let’s go out for a trip across the sea.”

“Wha―” Sehun stammers as the older pulls him up to the docked boat and onto the platform of the bow. “Jongin―”

“This is Lilian, my private bowrider,” Jongin informs him, hopping behind the engine and starting the ignition. “Have you ever ridden a boat before?”

“No…”

“Then sit down and hold onto the bars. The start gets a little rough, but once we’re cruising, it’s a smooth ride and you can stand up if you want.”

“Jongin―Whoa―” Sehun almost topples when the engine starts to roar, the whole motorboat rumbling and shaking like an earthquake. He quickly does as told and grabs onto the handles behind him.

“Don’t worry, you won’t fall off,” Jongin laughs, testing the steering wheel. “And I took up swimming to better my physique and health, so I’ll save you if you did.”

Sehun pouts. “You do realize you’re looking very ridiculous driving a boat in your suit?”

The other blinks. “You’re right. I had almost forgotten. Well.” He takes off his suit jacket and tie, down to a white shirt and pops off the first few buttons to reveal the collar, tugging the sleeves up to his elbows. “It’s too late now, so I’ll just have to make do. It’s fine, this is a private section that I had bought anyways, so there’s nobody around.”

Sehun juts his bottom lip more, trying to will the blush away from how handsome Jongin looks in just a plain white dress shirt, sleeves pulled up to his elbows and hair ruffling in the wind as he navigates the boat, a hand on the steering wheel leisurely.

“I didn’t expect the workaholic president of Kim Foundations to have such a recreational hobby,” Sehun mumbles petulantly.

The sound of Jongin’s laughter is a clear, bright sound. “Well, I needed some form of stress-reliever, right? I think it’s because I’m claustrophobic… that I’ve always enjoyed the sea. When you look out, no matter which direction, it’s always endless, you know? There is no wall in sight. Nothing to enclose upon you and make you feel trapped… It makes you think, ah, this world is limitless, after all…”

Sehun stares at Jongin for a moment, taking in his profound words, and then looks out into the open sea before them. “I think I know what you mean…” he replies, a serene smile on his face as he gazes out into the distance.

It’s really limitless, this world before them.

“Whenever I get stressed, this is what I do,” Jongin continues. “Your problems might seem big,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter