C. 11

Independent Mommy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's already 1130 pm and Noah has fallen asleep . Jessica was sitting at the dining chair alone , staring into space . She can't stop thinking about what her mom say .

"You are forgetting something. What your father wants , he will get it"

Jessica scoffed , "He doesn't even care about his own daughter ." she mumbled to herself and without realising , a tear fell down her cheeks .

*clinkclink*

Sound of keys were heard and door unlocked. Jessica heard and quickly wipe her tears off ."Hey .." She heard Taeyeon said .

"Hey.." She gave a faint smile.

Taeyeon put his keys on the table and sat beside Jessica ."So.... how was it? You and your mom."

Jessica didn't reply .

"I guess it doesn't go well , huh ? Where is she? Is she asleep?"

"She went back."

"Back?"

"Back to her own house"

"What? I'm s-sorry . It's all b-because of me , isn't it ?"Taeyeon apologised .

Jessica shook her head , "No . It's not your fault . Don't blame yourself . Our relationship has already been bad since years ago"

Both of them then kept quiet for the whole 2 minutes , do not know what to say.

Taeyeon's eyes became wide as he heard a sob beside him . He slowly turned and looked at Jessica. "Hey , w-why are you cr-crying? What happened ?" He stammered as he usually became panic or flustered if he sees anyone cry .

Jessica didn't reply but tears kept flowing out .

Taeyeon frowned and he then reached out to Jessica's hand before giving her a tight hug . "Shhh .... Shhh .... What's wrong?" He softly says as he rested his lips on her hair .

Jessica's cries become louder as she hugs Taeyeon back , resting her head on his shoulder.

"I'm s-scared .." She mumbled .

"Why ?" Taeyeon her hair. Jessica leaned away from Taeyeon and looked at him as they are still in the hugging position.

"What if my dad really takes Noah away? What if he thinks I don't fit to be a mom? What if-"

"Shhhh ..." Taeyeon put his index finger on her lips , interrupting her negative thoughts . "You brought up Noah by yourself . That's more as a proof that shows you are good and great mother . See how nice and kind and polite Noah is . Everyone loves that cute boy . Look , i don't know what happens between you and your parents but please do not think negatively . Okay ? You still have Noah and maybe me , your annoying housemate." Taeyeon then used his thumb and wiped her tears on the cheeks .

"By the way , you look horrible when your eyes are red and swollen lips and red nose."He joked , earning a slap on the chest ."Ahhhh!" Taeyeon jumped away from Jessica and patted his chest . "It hurtsssssssssss."

Jessica slightly sobbed after calming down . "You deserve it ."  

"Heyyy .. I was in a persuasion mode , you know."

Jessica faintly laughed ,"What persuasion mode? Nonsense"

"See . yes you should just smile . More beautiful , you know."

"You think I'm beautiful when I smile?" Jessica teased.

Taeyeon blinked and looked away "U-uhh. Wh-whatever you think." he said with a tint of pink on his cheeks and redness on his ears ."Oh my god . It's almost 12am . Better go take a shower before go to s-sleep . *yawwwwwwn* Ahhh i'm so tired . Night. You shou-should go to sleep , you're w-working tomorrow ." He changed the subject and hurried to the bathroom.

Jessica stared at him who ran to the bathroom and quickly locked the door . She can't help it but to slightly chuckled. "Idiot"

 

Jessica slowly walked to her room and saw Noah sleeping soundly on the bed. She smiled and lay down beside the boy , leaning her back to the headboard. She smiles as she remembered how happy her son were today , his smiles and laughters , making funny yet silly jokes with Uncle Taeyeon , the way both of the boys talked to each other without letting her know , the way Taeyeon piggyback Noah and it seems easier than how she carried the little boy . They bought a souvenir photos as well when they were at the zoo , th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter