Six

What Is Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

All of them found themselves at the café a week later except for Yejin who was nowhere to be seen. Even Jongin was there even though his dance studio was a couple of blocks away.

Jiyoung who just ended her shift took her seat next to Chanyeol and he handed her his drink.

‘What are we talking about?’

‘About my gig that’s coming up.’ Chanyeol said excitedly. ‘You guys better show up. Especially you, Jongin.’

Jongin nodded his head. ‘Yeah, yeah. I’ll be there.’ He said. He took a look at his watch and realized that he was going to be late for his class and finished his drink in one gulp. ‘I gotta go. I’ll see you guys later.’

They watched him practically ran out of the café before turning to look at each other again.

‘I can tell that’s he’s still kind of sad.’ Jieun spoke out.

‘Yeah,’ Baekhyun agreed. ‘He acts like he’s fine at home and all but I still see him moping around sometimes. We got to do something about it.’

They all thought hard on what to do when they were interrupted when Yejin walked in shouting, ‘Jiyoung, I need my coffee!’

Yejin walked over to them and took the coffee from Jiyoung’s hands which she had made a few minutes prior before her shift ended.

‘Where are you going?’ Jiyoung asked when Yejin started walking towards the door. ‘Come and sit down. Let’s hang out.’

‘I wish I can. I still have to learn that new song your boyfriend just wrote.’ Yejin said and took a sip of her coffee. ‘The gig’s in two days and I need to learn the melody.’

They watched as she exited the café and walked towards the stairs that led to the studio.

Jiyoung turned to Chanyeol and glared at him. ‘Why do you have to write a difficult song? You’re stressing my friend out.’

Chanyeol just grinned at her and planted a kiss on her cheek.

‘Guys,’ Jieun said and they all turned to her. ‘I got it.’

‘What?’

‘Let’s get Jongin and Yejin together.’ Jieun said with a smile.

Chanyeol gasped and nodded his head frantically. ‘They’re great for each other! How come I’ve never noticed it before?’

‘Let’s introduce them at your gig.’ Baekhyun said, pointing towards Chanyeol.

They all agreed and Jiyoung suddenly slapped the table down in excitement.

‘This is going to be great!’

 

 Jongin sat in front of the tv while eating his fried chicken silently when Chanyeol burst into the house and pushed him down on the couch.

‘You bastard!’

Jongin looked at him, not the least bit frightened before taking another bite of his fried chicken and turned back to look at the tv.

‘Sorry.’ He said nonchalantly.

‘Sorry?’ Chanyeol shouted. ‘You didn’t show up to my gig and all you can say is sorry?’

Jongin looked at him and raised an eyebrow. ‘Then what do you want me to say?’

Chanyeol scoffed and stood up straight and threw him one last look before stomping his way to his room.

Jongin turned to look at Baekhyun who was watching him with his arms crossed and with a disappointed look on his face.

‘What?’ Jongin asked.

Baek just shook his head before also disappearing into his room.

Jongin just shrugged his shoulders before turning back to look at the tv.

 

The four of them gathered again all with disappointed looks on each of their faces as their last plan failed when Jongin didn’t even bother to show up to the gig.

‘What do we do now? How do we get them to meet?’

Jieun sighed and looked at Baekhyun. ‘He’s really stubborn. I’m sure he won’t show up if we asked him to go anywhere to meet Yejin.’

‘That’s true.’ Baekhyun said and they all became silent as they thought about their next move.

Suddenly, Chanyeol clapped his hands together when an idea hits him.

‘He has that dance show next week, doesn’t he?’ Chanyeol said. ‘This time we ask Yejin to come instead and we don’t have to worry about Jongin since it’s his show so he’ll definitely be there!’

Jiyoung patted his back proudly as she looked at Baekhyun and Jieun.

‘My boyfriend’s a genius!’

Jieun rolled her eyes and shook her head. ‘They’re so disgusting.’ She said and Baekhyun just laughed.

 

Yejin was painting her nails while singing along to the music that was blasting from her phone in her room when the door opened and Jiyoung walked in.

Yejin smiled at her. ‘Hey, Jiyo –’

Jiyoung cut her off by turning off the music and taking her nail polish away before walking out of the room without saying a single word.

‘Hey!’ Yejin shouted. ‘What are you doing?’

But Jiyoung was already nowhere to be seen. Yejin stayed there looking at the door wide eyed, still bewildered over what just happened when Jieun walked in.

‘What the hell’s wrong with Jiyoung?’ Yejin asked.

Jieun sat on the edge of her bed and asked, ‘What did she do?’

‘She just came in here and took my nail polish away! And I still have to do the other hand!’ Yejin shouted.

‘Calm down.’ Jieun sighed. ‘I’ll get it for you later.’

Yejin glanced at her. ‘Thanks. Now will you tell me why she’s acting that way?’

‘Why didn’t you show up tonight?’ Jieun asked.

Yejin just shrugged her shoulders. ‘I didn’t feel like going. Why? Did something happen? Did Jiyoung and Chanyeol get into a fight or something?’ Yejin gasped suddenly before asking, ‘Does Chanyeol suddenly like me again? Is that why she’s letting her anger out on me?’

‘Stop talking nonsense!’ Jieun said and smacked the back of Yejin’s head.

‘Ow…’ Yejin let out. ‘Then, what happened?’

Jieun sighed before shaking her head. ‘She’s just pissed you didn’t show up. That’s all.’

Yejin frowned. ‘Isn’t she being a little too dramatic?’

Jieun laughed and made her way to the door. ‘I’ll go get your nail polish back.’ She said before leaving Yejin to herself.

 

‘I give up on those two. They’re too stubborn!’ Jiyoung said as she leaned back onto her seat.

Chanyeol nodded his head, agreeing with his girlfriend. ‘They’re so perfect for each other that it’s getting on my nerves.’

Baekhyun sighed. ‘Come on, guys. We can’t give up now.’

‘Nothing we planned worked so far and I don’t think it’ll ever work!’ Chanyeol said.

Baekhyun turned to look at Jieun. ‘You got to be on my side right?’

Jieun s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter