One

What Is Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He took a step back as he finished putting the flyer up on the board in the café and breathed a sigh of relief.

This has to work, he thought to himself.

‘What the hell is this?’

Chanyeol turned to look at Jiyoung who is curiously looking at a bunch of mini flyers he’s set on the counter earlier on. Chanyeol walked over to her and set his arms on the counter as she read the flyer.

‘Oh, I talked to your manager earlier and he said that it’s fine.’

Jiyoung looked up at Chanyeol with a raised eyebrow. ‘New vocalist? What happened to the old one?’

Chanyeol sighed. ‘She got herself a boyfriend and he didn’t let her hang out with me. So she withdrew from my band.’

‘Are you serious?’

He nodded. ‘I mean, I get that he’s threatened by my looks but come on, I would never steal her away from him. You know I’m not the kind to do that. Besides, I don’t mix business with pleasure.’

Jiyoung burst out laughing at Chanyeol’s words.

‘Threatened by your looks? What looks?’ she said before laughing again.

Chanyeol rolled his eyes and crossed his arms over his chest.

‘Anyway… Now, I have to find a new vocalist as soon as possible. You know I have a gig by the end of the week.’

‘Well, what about me?’ Jiyoung asked as she worked on making Chanyeol his Iced Americano. They have been good friends for so long that he didn’t even need to ask her to make one, she would just know.

Chanyeol snorted. ‘Yeah, right. I want the audience to leave with a smile on their faces not with their ears bleeding.’

Jiyoung smacked Chanyeol’s head at his words.

Rubbing his head, Chanyeol continued. ‘But seriously, if you could sing, you would’ve been the first person I ask, Jiyoungie.’ Chanyeol said and buried his head in his arms.

She smiled to herself at the way Chanyeol says her name as she continued making the drink for him. When she finished, she set the drink in front of him and patted his arms.

‘Here’s your drink, Chanyeollie.’

He stood up straight and took a sip of his drink and closed his eyes.

‘You make the best Iced Americano ever, I swear.’ He said as he took another sip. ‘Really, Jiyoung, you’re the best barista ever.’

‘You can keep the compliments coming but you still gotta pay.’

Chanyeol sighed and shook his head. ‘And here I thought I’d get out of paying this time ‘round.’

Jiyoung chuckled, ‘In your dreams, Park Chanyeol. Now, pay up.’

Chanyeol took out his wallet and paid for his drink with a pout on his face hoping that Jiyoung would notice but she didn’t even look at his face as she took the money and opened the cash register.

‘You’re not a being a good friend, you know?’ he said.

‘And you’re being an idiot. You can’t expect me to give you free drinks all the time. I’m not the boss here, Chanyeol.’ Jiyoung replied, exasperated.

Chanyeol reached his hand out and ruffled her hair. ‘But you still love me.’ He said with a smile.

Jiyoung stayed silent as she retie her hair and avoided looking at his eyes, afraid that he might be able to see right through her and found out about her feelings.

Chanyeol finished his drink and realized what time it was when his eyes fell on the watch Jiyoung was wearing. He grabbed her hand to look at it properly and gathered his stuff. ‘I gotta get back to the studio. Baek is going to kill me. I’ll see you later, Jiyoung!’

Jiyoung watched as Chanyeol ran out of the café and she shook her head with a smile on her face.

She has no idea why she likes the guy, but she does.

She really does.

 

 

 Jongin said goodbye to his students and watched them walked out of the door before lying down on the floor. This is what he loves to do. Dancing. And thanks to the money he borrowed from his parents in addition to some that he had saved, he managed to open up a dance studio. And fortunately, he does have students that are interested enough to sign up for his class.

He loves dancing. And he loves teaching his students but why does he feel so lost lately? Like the passion he once had is lost somewhere within him.

He lay there staring up at the ceiling for god knows how long before he decided it was time to head home and got up on his feet.

Once he gathered his stuffs, Jongin walked out of the door and started locking up the place.

‘Hey, Jongin.’

Startled, Jongin dropped his keys and once he retrieved it, he banged his head on the door handle when he wanted to stand up.

‘Oh my god, are you okay?’ Jieun said as she approached Jongin.

‘I’m fine, I’m fine.’ He said as he stood up, rubbing the top of his head. ‘I was just… startled.’

‘I’m sorry. I just wanted to say hi.’

‘No, don’t be sorry! It’s not your fault. I’m just a little clumsy, at times.’ Jongin said.

Jieun nodded her head. ‘You’re leaving already?’

‘Yeah, my last class just ended. What about you?’

‘I still have a class to teach later on.’ Jieun replied and pointed to her English Centre which is at the opposite of Jongin’s dance studio. ‘You’re leaving quite early today. Usually you’d only leave after I’m done with my classes.’

Jongin smiled and shrugged his shoulders. ‘I’m a little tired today. I just wanna head home early.’

Jieun nodded her head and gave him a small smile. ‘Now that you mentioned it you do look a little pale. Are you okay?’

‘Yeah, I’m fine. Don’t worry.’ Jongin chuckled. ‘I told you, I’m jus

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter