5

Jealous

You can feel the thick suffocating air of awkwardness that makes you want to literally escape from it. You're sitting next to Taeyong while facing Jaehyun directly infront of you with a girl who seems to be a junior from your school. You try to avoid Jaehyun's gaze as you just stare down blankly, afraid to meet his eyes. The food infront of you starts to get colder as it has been placed there for about 5 minutes. Taeyong suddenly straightens up as he let out a grin. "This is so good." he suddenly wraps his hands together as he looks at the plate infront of him. "Ya let's eat now. ____-ah quickly it's going to get cold." Taeyong points out, breaking the silence as he scoops his mac and cheese. Jaehyun looks at him with a stern expression as he then glances at you. Your gaze meets his as you abruptly look away and sips on your lemon tea. Your heart begins to beat rapidly as you can feel Jaehyun's piercing gaze at you. You feel a little bit satisfied honestly. Having Jaehyun keeps on breaking your heart and now you finally show him that you can do that too even though you actually feel guilty inside. "Eat well ____-ah." Taeyong smiles warmly as he ruffles your hair only to have Jaehyun widening his eyes slightly in instant. He's pretty much taken aback upon seeing Taeyong's behavior towards you. It seems like you've gotten so much closer to him lately and it's making Jaehyun feeling a bit irritated yet he tries to remain calm.

The plates are now empty and you're left with Jaehyun starring at both of you. Taeyong leans back onto his seat as he rubs his stomach in satisfaction. "It's really such a coincidence to meet you guys here." he suddenly speaks up as he looks at Jaehyun. "Mm." Jaehyun just nods in reply. "What brings you here hyung?" he suddenly asks. "Ah well, we just went to the amusement park and we got hungry. This is our favorite place to eat in this area." he smiles nonchalantly. Jaehyun's ears perk up as he frowns slightly at his reply. You keep your gaze down as you bit your lower lip. "I'll be right back oppa." suddenly the girl says, breaking the silence as Jaehyun nods in reply. Then Taeyong's phone rings all of the sudden as he abruptly stands up. He gestures a signal saying that he'll be right back towards you as he quickly goes outside of the diner, leaving you and Jaehyun alone. 

The thick air of silence starts to form again as you're left with Jaehyun who's sitting infront of you. You start to feel uneasy as you avoid his piercing gaze towards you. You have your mouth sompletely shut as your palms start to get all sweaty. But then you suddenly realize that maybe it is the right time to fix everything. Maybe you'll get the old Jaehyun back to you, to atleast, be your bestfriend like how it all used to be. You gather every strength you have as you in a breath deeply and looks at him.

"Seems like you're really enjoying your time with Taeyong hyung." suddenly Jaehyun starts as he looks at you coldly. You look at him all puzzled. "Ah Taeyong hyung is a really nice guy isn't he? Every girls dream of a man." he scoffs slightly in a mocking tone. "Are you really saying that to me?" You look at him in disbelief. "What's with you these days?" you ask. Your heart is beating so fast that it literally might leap out of your chest as you clench your fists into a ball. Jaehyun shakes his head slightly as he shrugs. "Me? Nothing. I'm just being a normal guy. How about you?"  he replies. You can sense the sarcasm on his words and that makes you pretty mad. "Did I do something wrong to you?" you ask him again this time with a stern voice. Jaehyun shakes his head lightly in reply. "I don't know I don't think so." A bitter scoff escapes your lips as you look at him directly into his eyes. "Then why are you doing this to me?" you speak up hoping to get an answer from Jaehyun. He looks at you coldly as he then shrugs. "I don't know what you're talking about." 

That's it. You're done. You couldn't hold it back any longer.

You bite your lower lip as you try to swallow your tears. "It's fun isn't it?" you suddenly continue as your gaze lower. "It's fun to play with someone's feelings. Right?" your voice suddenly cracks as you look up to him. He could definitely see from your eyes that he had gone too far and hurts you which makes him suddenly taken aback. "If I didn't do anything wrong to you, then why did you keep on ignoring me? Why did you stop talking to me? Why did you flirt with the other girls right infront of me? and why did you break my heart?" you raise your voice as tears run down your cheeks without you knowing. Jaehyun just looks at you blankly as he couldn't say a word. His heart clenches seeing you cry like that infront of him, because of him. He really doesn't know that all these time, he had really gone too, too far. He just wants to see if you have the same feelings just like him and if you actually care about him being with the other girls.

You rub your tears away on your cheeks as you feel like running away. You stand up from your seat as your feet carry your body away. You just couldn't control it anymore. You just have to get it out of your chest. Your heart aches so much as tears keep on falling down your face as you run as fast as you can. You don't even know where you're going but you just want to escape. 

**

Jaehyun sprints along the sidewalk as he looks around, trying to find you. His heart is racing rapidly as frustration is written all over his face. "_____-ah!" he couldn't stop calling your name. He's too scared that anything bad might happen to you in the middle of the night and he just wants to explain everything to you. Your voice echoed in his ears as he couldn't forget how hurt you are when you look at him. Why did he do those stupid things in the beginning? He should've just be a man and confess to you about his feelings. 

His heart lightens up a bit as he sees your figure from the distance. He runs as fast as he can and wraps his arms around you from behind. "_____-ah! I'm sorry. I-i'm sorry for everything." Jaehyun says as his voice suddenly trembles. Your eyes widen in surprise as you try to break free from his grip. "Get off me. I hate you!" you say to him as tears couldn't stop rolling down your cheeks. "No I can't! I don't want to! I'm sorry ____-ah. I'm sorry." Jaehyun's voice cracks as you could hear him choking on his words. He's crying. And you could hear the sincerity on his voice now. "I've loved you all these time and it was always you! I'm sorry I was too stupid. I should've told you how I was feeling all these years rather than trying to find out if you really feel the same too. I'm sorry that I hurt you. I'm really sorry. P-please _____-ah don't-don't leave me..." he continues as he doesn't let go of you. His arms wrap around you tightly, too scared to loose you. "Give me another chance.. please." Jaehyun begs as you could feel the crook of your neck suddenly wet. Your heart softens as you quickly glances at him. "I-i'm sorry too." you quickly say as you both face each other. Jaehyun has his hands wrap around your waist as you look into his eyes deeply. "I've been trying to put my feelings aside. I- i was just too scared to admit it." you bit your lower lip in embarassment.

A relieved smile appears on Jaehyun's lips as he looks at you lovingly. He rubs your tears from your cheeks as he looks at you. "_____-ah would you like to be my girlfriend..?" Jaehyun finally manages to say it. You let out a slight chuckle as you couldn't do anything but to nod in reply. "Mm." you mumble. Jaehyun's eyes lighten as he hugs you tightly. "I love you _____-ah." he mutters as he kisses your forehead. 

 

Meanwhile from the distance, the two are squealing at the scene they're currently looking at.