Chapter 20

Broken
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hana stared at Yoongi's mother in a little shock, her voice breaking into a quiet, helpless whisper, "R-really?"

The older woman's hand Hana's hair softly, eyes sad and disheartened, although she tried to keep a smile on her face, "Yes. Please don't think Yoongi doesn't understand you because he sure as hell does."

Hana looked down quietly as she continued.

"It was hard on him at the start, when his father left. He was only about 11 years old, and was very dependant on him. Suddenly his father left and Yoongi took it very hard. He would act like he didn't care but I know how he really felt." Yoongi's mother paused to watch Hana's reaction, "But anyhow, that was ages ago. We're both over it, couldn't give a single care about his dad anymore. We're happy together, and that's all that matters." She smiled brightly, trying to convince the extremely quiet Hana she wasn't on the brink of tears.

"I don't care about mine," Hana muttered, "I don't care about her at all anymore."

Yoongi's mother ruffled her hair with a small smile on her face, "What I'm trying to say is that Yoongi can definitely relate to you. He has a hard time letting people in, I'm surprised he actually brought a girl home today. Please don't push him away, he may be trying to help."

Hana nodded quietly, chewing on her bottom lip as Yoongi's mother's tone brightened, "So, do you get along with Yoongi?"

"Well..." Hana paused to think, "He's definitely not as annoying as the rest."

"You've met the rest?"

Hana nodded, eyes rolling already at the unwanted thoughts of them, "The worst one is... well, all of them."

"They're annoying," Yoongi's mother nodded, "I wanted to kick Taehyung out of my house when they first visited. He's lucky he's cute." She grumbled.

Hana laughed a little, "I would kick the whole lot out. Minor exception of Jin. And maybe Jungkook. They're not as bad."

"I've always had a soft spot for Seokjin," Yoongi's mother agreed, "And I guess I favoured Kookie a little too."

Kookie? Hana thought. What a nickname.

"As you can see," the older woman eyed Yoongi walking in, "This lazy son of mine is not high up there on my favourites list."

"That's not fair."

"Why not?"

"Because I'm- I actually do not really care and can't be bothered proving my point, so go ahead."

Yoongi's mother shook her head as she took the bandages off him, her phone making a sound of notification. "Aish, what is that?" She looked back up apologetically after checking it, "There's a problem with a client. I'm gonna have to head out."

Yoongi nodded his head, as she rushed up to grab her bag and coat, yelling something he couldn't bother to figure out and get out of the house. He then heard a loud "Yah!" and the sound of apologies and giggling. His eyebrows furrowed as he watched Jungkook, Taehyung and Jimin tumble into his house, big smiles on their faces as the latter repeated 'sorry' for the hundredth time.

"What did you do? And why are you here?"

"Hyung, be a little more welcoming!" Taehyung chided, "We're only here to pay you a visit."

"You said you weren't coming."

"We changed our mind."

"Why?"

"Because we were being nice." Jimin smiled brightly at the sighing older, walking in quickly.

"Ah, Hana noona!"

"Christ," Hana muttered, "All of them are here."

The boys crowded around the girl, immediately attacking her with greetings and questions.

"When did you come?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter