BEFORE THE DAWN

TIMELESS

Five years ago….

 

It was almost midnight when he walked alone after greeting goodbye to his friends for spending his time to celebrate his happiest moment today. He walked with smiles as wide as the sky on his face. He can’t imagine that he could pass the audition today and it was really unexpected when the judges were so impressed with his sweet voice and talent. He now was halfway to achieve his dreams.

 

He wanted to share this happiness with his parents and tell them that he will be the successful singer in the future. He started to imagine things. How it feels when he was a famous idol who will conquer the world. He wanted to show people how talented he was and most of all he wanted to enjoy his life with other people by sharing his happiness and sadness. He was not only wanted to entertain people with his voice but he wanted to give strength to people when they listened to his songs. He wanted to cure all the sadness in this world with his nice sweet voice and replaced them with the happiness.

 

He was a hundred meter away from his house when he suddenly heard a sound of weird noise from the dark alley that he just passed by. He didn’t want to bother it at first before that noise became weirder. He got goosebumps from it. But he was too curious to know where that voice coming from and what it was. So, he gathered all his courage to found it out.

 

He walked slowly towards the alley. All his senses were in alert mode. As he walked, the darkness has swallowed his body and the noise that he heard just now has disappeared. It was silent. The atmosphere started to chill and woohyun felt eerie. He can’t see anything except the blackness that surrounded him. He didn’t know where to step or where to hold. The darkness has made him blind.

 

He wanted to go back and just ignored his curiosity. His mind was hardly pushed him to get out from there. But he couldn’t tell which way he should take. He started to wonder what would happen to him next.

 

It seemed like he was trapped in the dark small room. There was no single light that he could find. He tried to scream calling for help from anyone that would passed by there but he was choking his own voice.

 

Woohyun started to cry. He was regretting for being so curious out of nothing. The only thing he could do was just prayed that someone would find him and bring him out of this dark alley.

 

But it seemed like lady luck was not with him tonight. The strong wind pushed him hard out of the blue and he could hear his body hit a hard wall before fall flat on the wet ground. A step came closer to him before his neck been grabbed and he’s been pushed to the wall. That sudden action shocked him and he was scared with the strange man that come from nowhere and attacked him out of the blue.

 

Woohyun was struggling to release the tight grip of that man from his neck but that only made that man to tighten his grip. He almost passed out but still tried hard to escape even though he knew that he couldn’t win that strong hand. He was begging for his life from the unknown man who suddenly came and tried to kill him.

 

“Pl..e..as..e…..do..n’t….k..illl…m..eee…”

 

A bad smell went straight to his nose when that guy’s face was closer to his  but he cant see the face clearly as he was struggling to gasp an air.

 

“It’s really you.” A rough voice came out with the evil laughter woohyun ever heard. He was certain that he had no chance to save his life.

 

“Pl…e.a..see..” he didn’t even bother to know who was him because all he could wish for was that unknown guy to let him go.

 

Woohyun fall on the ground when that guy took off his grip from woohyun’s neck. The pain was biting all part of his body. A red liquid was flowing out from his nose and his temple. He was on the verge of tears as reminded the things that happened to him. He just started to have a dream and happiness in his life but it seemed that it was not last longer. His death was coming and nothing he could do but begging for his life.

 

That guy squatted down in front of woohyun while reading his face. That guy seemed satisfy when he saw the kid in front of him was the one that he looking for all this time.

 

Woohyun could see clearly the face of that man this time because that guy just a few inch away from him. His face was scary with the scar at his chin, his red eyes looked like he would rip woohyun’s body apart and his sharp teeth was like he would eat him alive.

 

Woohyun started to shiver. His body was shaking very hard. He didn’t want his life to end this way.

 

“Goodbye, woohyun ah…” he said before woohyun’s shout stopped him.

 

“No….!!!!!!!!!”

 

“Please, I’m begging you. I will do anything for you if you let me go..” woohyun tried to persuade that man.

 

“What you can give to me?”

 

“The thing that you want the most in this world…” woohyun has no idea about the things that he just said. His mind was messed and he can’t think straight. All he wanted was just to save his life.

 

Woohyun has made a deal with that guy. A deal that has dragged him into hell and cursed his life to be the cruelest person he ever wanted to be.

 

Deep in his heart he knew that that guy was not a normal person because the things that he asked from woohyun was not something that human being would want. It was beyond of his imaginations. Anyhow he didn’t want to bother about that as long as he saved, as long as he still could walk to his dream. He didn’t want to care anything. Yet he never knew that that guy would chase him to the end.

 

And woohyun never expected that the thing that he wanted the most was .... a soul.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“You come alone.” The voice echoed in that dark small room. Woohyun could feel the anger in that voice and the atmosphere turned chills out of blue. Woohyun was shaking but he tried to hide it from the scary man in front of him.

 

Woohyun just stay silent and let that man to finish his talk. He tried to gather his courage as much as he had to face the reality that he was going through right now.

 

“I know you, woohyun. You are the most selfish person I’ve ever met in this world. All this time you care nothing but your dream. You’ve sacrificed everything even your family just to get what you have today. Every year you gave their soul to me -  your father, your mother, your brother and even your girlfriend. And I know you will never want to do this, aren’t you?”

 

Woohyun still kept his mouth shut, just to test that man’s patience. He tried to buy as much time as he can to keep his death away from him.

 

“Come on. You just don’t have any idea what are you doing right now..”

 

“You’re wrong.” Woohyun’s cut his words. Annoyance has filled that dark room and Woohyun can’t control his anger any longer.

 

“I’ve had enough of you and I’m done with that damn dream!!” His shouting in that small dark room made it shaking and echoed like they were in a deep cave.

 

“And I have every reason in the world to believe that.” That man’s reply made woohyun furious. Woohyun felt insulted with that as it was reminding him to the past who would do anything just to achieve his dream. But deep down the regretful was piled up and made his courage stumbled.

 

Suddenly the darkness was replaced by a white light and all he could see was the images of his family and his lover. His mind was actively flashing back all the memories he had with them made his heart hurt. Woohyun shut his eyes, trying hard to erase that beautiful-but-painful memories. He wanted to apologize and to seek for their forgiveness because it hurts so much living in this world alone. Above all, he was the one who hurt them and he knew he deserved all these.

 

“It was a slippery slop and I’ve fall into it. It is just going to be darker and darker. And I can never find the light anymore.” There was sadness in his voice. The courage that he had just now just vanished into thin air and been replaced with all the guilt and sorrow.

 

Woohyun opened his eyes and looked straight to the man who was now standing in the darkness but woohyun could still sense his whereabouts.

 

“You can take me now and do whatever things you wanted to do to me…”

 

“…or I will hunt you down for my whole life.”

 

That man didn’t even budge with woohyun’s word. But woohyun was too determined with his decision. He rather dies than let s became the victim for his useless dream.

 

“You just don’t have any idea what card are you playing now, don’t you? And I’m telling you that you just reserve a ticket to hell.”

 

“I don’t care. I’m living like hell until now. If I don’t know you, if I didn’t said what I’ve said to you 5 years ago, if I’m not selfish enough just because of that stupid dream, none of this would happen. My family would be still alive right now, my brother would had his wedding and my girlfriend would be graduated from her university and get her dream job. But I was selfish enough to kill them and their dream just to get my own stupid dream that I could never achieved.”  

 

His eyes got teary when he recalled all the things that he has done since five years ago. Because of his dream, he has become the cruelest person in the world. He sacrificed everyone he loved just to fulfill that monster’s desire so that he could live longer and walked to his dream. Never could he imagine that all that was a torture for him and he had suffered enough with the loneliness, regretful and sadness. He was never in peace. All the things that he has done were haunted him every second of his life. Every part of his body told him that all that was just wrong. But his selfishness and greedy made him became too ego to realize all that and admit his fault. He took it as a price for him to pay for his dream. But now the reality has pulled him back to his pure self – to make him a human with emotion and feeling. Because sunggyu and other members of Infinite has showed him the meaning of a family. Because he just realized that his dream was nothing without a family, without someone he could care about, without someone that he could share his tears and smile with. And those things he learned from his six precious brothers who really care and love him without any condition, who would give him everything without he even asked. He didn’t deserved to be an idol and he didn’t want to has more than what he had now. He had enough. And he will never want to pay more than that.

 

“Don’t try to buy my time with your pathetic petty life story like I even care.” That man was now showing his annoyance. Woohyun smile in the darkness – his enemy has taken his bait and he has become the one who control the situation now.

 

“I quit playing this game. You can take me now and do whatever things you want to do but…” Woohyun stopped his talk. He took a deep breath before he could realize that that monster was now just a foot away from him.

 

“Promise me that you will never put a finger on those guys or..”

 

“Or what??”

 

“..or you and you alone will never see tomorrow again!!” it’s tough and rough. But woohyun was determined. He meant it. For sure!!

 

“Don’t try to act like a tough man here. And don’t even try to threat me with you timid and not-so-scary threaten.” That man seemed too hard for woohyun to handle. But he never gave in. he would not compromise even he would pay with his life.

 

Woohyun tried to stay sturdy to show his enemy that he was not the old woohyun who was so coward to defend himself.

 

“You think I just busy around with my life as an idol without even thinking to end this, you think I would never study about you and find out about your weakness, you think you can just bossing me around for my whole life? You’re totally wrong if you ever think like that because I’m the only one who can end your life. And you knew it.”

 

“Then, why don’t you do it now? Why don’t you just kill me now instead of telling me your sad life story and begging me to end your life?”
 

“For my record, I want to put you in the dark. Try to find the answer on your own with the stinking brain of yours.”

 

“You know what, woohyun. This is not the first time we met. I know you more than what you can remember and last time I checked you still cannot recognize me.”

 

“…and I’m telling you right now whether I know you or not, this is the last chance for you to save your life.” Woohyun cut his word.

 

He didn’t even want to listen to any of his crap. It was all lies. That man just wanted to stretch the truth and woohyun would never buy them. He knew that that man also can do nothing to him because he would not waste his time to play with his card and still let him alive until now. If that man can kill him, he would do that since he stepped into that dark room. So, he really sure that he had a chance to save his life and s.

Woohyun looked at that man. Even it was dark, his eyes were good enough to stare at that man’s figure and he could observe every single movement of him. Woohyun didn’t know where he got that kind of psychic things but that was not something matters to him right now.

 

“You’re not change at all, woohyun. You’re still playing with your arrogant role which gives nothing good to you.” That man chuckled with annoying smirk on his face.

 

“No matter how many centuries have passed you’re still remain the same and you still can’t win over me. This life that you live now will curse you forever. No matter how many times I kill you, there is no end for you. At last you will always end up at this torture and you will never could end this suffers because I will make sure that you will never have a piece of peace in your life and you never can break this curse.”

 

In a blink of eye, that man already standing in front of woohyun with his eyes stared sharply straight to his eyes. Woohyun was surprised by the sudden action of that man. He froze and terrified. For a second, he lost his confidence and courage. He tried to regain them back but the only things that his mind could tell him was just a terror of cruel death that he would face that moment.

 

His frail heart failed for a little moment but he tried every possible way he could think of to stand firm and be braver. He didn’t have much time left but he can’t give up. This was not the time for him to be weak and coward. He has waited for this moment to come and he can’t let it to be wasted and gone. He didn’t want to die with regret. He didn’t want to die as a loser. NO!! Never.

 

Tic toc tic toc…

 

The clock was following the time that flowing so slow right now. That guy in front of him standing still at his position and his feet still froze at the cold ground. No one makes a move – only their eyes were moving checking for each other action. The only thing that could be seen right now was just a haze of their breath as the weather became colder and colder. They were in alert mode and all their senses were very sensitive to any kind of movement and sound. But still no one want to take a first step instead they just wait for the right time to take action.

 

Woohyun knew that he was the one who controlled the situation now and he didn’t want that guy turned the table and took the only chance he had to kill him. He wanted to end this so bad. Even he could die tonight, he didn’t care. This suffers and torture should come to end. And the time was no other than tonight.

 

If tonight was the last night for him, he didn’t want to regret this, because he did this for his family and s. He wanted to pay all his sins and mistake with this. He made his choice and nothing could make him to take it back. He promised.

 

“60 seconds, woohyun…” that man reminds him.

 

Woohyun looked at the sky. It was dark. As dark as his future now. There was no star or moon that wanted to accompany him and his death. There was only him and that man who he never knew the existence.

 

Honestly, he couldn’t find out all the answers. The things that he said to that man just now were just a lie that he thought could make that man retreated. Because he just wanted to wait until the dawn come to greet the earth. Because that was the only way he could get rid of that guy.

 

“You think that I will come here unprepared? Do you ever think that I will never avenge my family?

 

 “Don’t be stupid, woohyun. You’re running out of time so stop fooling around.”

 

“It’s not my time that running short. It’s yours.”

 

“Stop being funny. You know that you can do nothing to me.”

 

“Yes, I know it better than you do. You, I can’t touch but this…”

 

Woohyun showed something in his fist and that was enough to make his enemy in panic state.

 

Woohyun smirked. It was so fun seeing his enemy startled. Sure he knew that he just knocked on his death-door but he will make sure that that door was locked.

 

“You must be insane. You sure know what is going to happen if you do that.”

 

“I know but I don’t care. Plus, my time almost up. And so you are.”

 

Woohyun opened his fist and showed the thing that was in his hand even though he sure that his enemy already know it. Before he could make a single movement there was a strong wind blew both of them hard.

 

The dark room was silent. The night was silent too. It was like everything was stunned by the sudden phenomenon that happen a while ago. Because Woohyun and that man have gone to a place where only the world and time could tell.

 

****************************************************************

 

Hi guys.....it's been awhile to see you all...here's another chapter, it might be not good as i expected but i hope you like it...sorry for making you all waiting this long...

 

I will be on hiatus for a month and will come back after that....thank you very much to those who subscibed, voted and give comment and also to all readers who like this story....i hope i could do well next time and improve my writing....dont forget to subscribe, vote, comment or give your suggestion....all that will become a support for me to continue writing in the future.....thank you again and i love you all so much.....

 

***p/s : to all Muslim in the world - Happy Fasting Month to all of you and I hope we all could do better this year and improve our ibadah....