NOTHING'S BETTER THAN THIS

TIMELESS

WOOHYUN POV

 

I recognize that call even before I picked up the phone. I already set it on other ringtone only for this person because it means something to me. I picked it up before another ringing came.

 

I didn’t even read the name on the phone as I straight away put it near my ear. I knew that the person on the other line would break news to me today. The news about my life and infinite and this will be the beginning for everything.

 

“Helo.” It was just a word with shaking voice that can only came up from my mouth.

 

“Woohyun, it’s been a long time since we’re talking. I never expect that you miss me this much.” There’s a rough laugh from the other line.

 

I just sighed, regretting for picking up the phone too fast. I should’ve wait for a few more seconds to annoy him instead of me being the emotional one here.

 

“Just go straight to the point.” My voice hardens.

 

Why do I even be so eager for waiting that call if I already know that it can only make my blood boiling?

 

“Calm down. I know you’re running out of time but you still have until tonight.”

 

The voice from the other line made my heart stumbled. I didn’t know what to answer but I just let a heavy sigh through my breath for a reply. I tried to calm my heart that beating so fast which I think would be jump out from my chest anytime.

 

‘You still have until tonight…’

 

No. It can’t be!! It shouldn’t be this fast. I should have more time than that. I just can’t afford to bear the news. My heart shrinks. My head was blank and all I could see was the darkness - the deep darkness of my future. I was lost to the fate. I totally lost.

 

“Tonight is your last chance, so made the right choice for me okay. Or if you’re having trouble on that I always free to go there and pick the one I want.” There’s an urge of anger rose up out of sudden when I heard that. That guy can’t be near my members. They can’t know him. He’s not the one that should appear in their life. He just ruined my life and I can’t let him ruined theirs. I could feel my hand that holding the phone was shaking. My body trembling hard but still I tried to control myself.

 

“Don’t you dare, just wait for me tonight.” It’s more like an order but I don’t care. As long as he will stop bothering me and Infinite, I would do anything just to get rid of him.  

 

“Don’t be so mean. Just give me a clue which one you will bring to me? Should I demand for the cutest leader of yours?”

 

That was too much of him and I have had enough already. I wished that I could just go there right now and smashed his head onto the wall and pulled out his dirty cruel heart. I can’t stand his annoyance anymore. The worst side of mine was struggling to break my patience and I was fighting hard with my inner self.

 

I was absolutely seething to my fool self and my ignorant young me who let this guy came into my life. I hate him but I hate myself even more. Because I just let all the things that happened until now without even care the result that I should bare. But most of all I actually was very terrified for the things that would come all my way after this.

 

My mind and body have been controlled by the fury. Never had I ever felt like this before. I can’t see anything except that guy’s scary face and all I could hear is his rough laugh that made my heart fluster.

 

I can’t feel anything anymore. I was on warpath right now. My body became numb. My eyes got teary because of the anger that now became a part of me. I shut my eyes tightly and wished that I could erase his image from my mind. His voice that I heard from the phone, I wished I could make him voiceless. Yes, I don’t want to hear him anymore. I won’t!!!!

 

Paaanggggggggggg!!!!!!!!!

 

The phone that I held was broken into pieces and spread over the floor. I didn’t realize that until Dongwoo asked me with his shaking voice.

 

I opened my eyes. I was still in practice room together with the Infinite. I could feel the shocked stares from the members behind me.

 

God! I’m done.

 

For once I wanted to run and hide from them so that I would not hurt them even more. For once I wanted to kill myself for being so selfish back then and never think that I would face this kind of thing. For once I just hoped that I was not there.

 

Just once.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The last songs just ended and infinite members had perfected their dance. They were so happy as the instructor announced that they can call it a day. They were excitedly packing their bag and things before rushing out of the building.

 

There was nothing suspicious until they were home. Sunggyu gave a signal to sungyeol, reminding him about their plan. Sungyeol gave a thumb up to his leader mentioning that he understood and would carry out his mission with the other two maknaes.

 

Sunggyu walked to his shared apartment together with both of their main rappers, Dongwoo and Hoya. Both of them were chatting with each other while Dongwoo laughing at Hoya’s wit. He then joined them taking an elevator to their apartment but he still didn’t even have intention to join their conversation. Sunggyu still can’t forget about the things that woohyun told him before. Even though woohyun already back to himself and being as normal as possible, he could sense that woohyun was hiding something from him. He never imagined that woohyun could turn furious like that. Since the first time he met woohyun, that main vocal never showed that side of him. Honestly, his heart was shrinking when he saw how agitated woohyun was at that time but his worries built up bigger than that.

 

‘What happened to Woohyun?’

‘Who’s called him?’

‘What is the thing that made him so mad that he made him to kill people?’

 

His curiosity drove him to crazy. He couldn’t wait anymore. He needed the answer and woohyun was the only one who has that.

 

‘You want me to kill him or you want me to kill myself.’ No. he can’t let woohyun did any of that.

 

Sunggyu has made a plan with the maknae line who lived together with woohyun.  They promised to not let woohyun out of their sight. Sunggyu knew that the other members shared their worry about woohyun. So they just nodded and agreed when sunggyu told them about his plan. All of them didn’t want anything bad happen to woohyun and they will never forgive themselves if they didn’t do anything to avoid such thing to happen.

 

The three maknaes were resting at their living room while woohyun was disappeared in his room. They didn’t know what the elder’s doing but they still can relax as long as woohyun was still under their cover.

 

Myungsoo and sungyeol was started to bicker with each other because myungsoo wanted to watch his drama while sungyeol wanted to watch his favorite girls group in Inkigayo. Sungjong didn’t have any interest to join their argument and just chipping his potato chip while scrolling his phone and read all the messages from his fans.

 

Both myungsoo and sungyeol stopped when they heard their maknae asked woohyun.

 

“Woohyun hyung, where are you going? Do you want to see sunggyu hyung?”

 

They all looked at woohyun at the same time who already had his jacket on and on his way to open the door. Woohyun stopped when he heard his maknae.

 

“I just want to go to shop downstair. I am running out of my food stock already. Don’t worry; I’ll come back in 5 minutes.”

 

Three of them just looked at each other. They can’t let woohyun stepped out of their apartment alone but they also can’t let woohyun caught them off guard.

 

“Hyung, can I go with you? I just finished my last coffee can and I need to buy a new one.”

 

Sungyeol was running at his full speed without even waited for woohyun’s reply just to grab his jacket in his room before he was standing with his innocent smile beside woohyun.

 

“Okay.” Woohyun allowed. He tried to stay calm and act as usual as he can because he didn’t want any of his dongseng caught his worry. Sungyeol gave a secret signed to the other two before followed woohyun to the shop.

 

They both walked together to a store not far from their apartment while talking about men-related matters. Woohyun tried as hard as he can to hide his worry while sungyeol still pretending like nothing happened but he made sure to keep his eyes on woohyun.

 

Woohyun opened the store’s door and walked to food side while sungyeol was already in front of freezer to choose his favorite drink.

 

Woohyun has chose his things and wanted to pay before he saw sungyeol was bickering with a boy – maybe an elementary kid.

 

He didn’t want to know the reason for that bickering neither he wanted to go there and stop his choding friend from embarrassing himself and Infinite.

 

He didn’t care – because this was his only chance to escape!!

 

***********************

 

Damn it!!

 

Sungyeol cursed himself. How can he be so stupid to have a quarrel with that kid and let woohyun’s out of his sight? Woohyun has gone and he didn’t know where that namu was. His heart shrink when the things that woohyun’s said that evening was ringing at his ears, he can’t let anything happen to woohyun neither can he let that guy do something stupid.

 

His mind was blank and he can’t figure out what he should do next. The only way that he could think of right now was to tell his leader even though half part of him didn’t allow him to.

 

Because he didn’t have to figure out what would happen next - he certainly knew that his leader might kill him for sure.

 

But he still pulled out his phone from his pocket and dialed a number.

 

“Hyung..woohyun hyung is…gone....”

 

 

 

 

-------

Hi, guys....first of all, thank you so much for my subsribers and those who read my story. Here's a new chapter for you. Sorry for late update, so many things to do lately. I'll try to update as fast as possible for the next chapter.  Kidariyo...

English is not my mother tongue. So, hope you dont mind with my broken english and grammar. Please correct me if i'm wrong - i'm still learning anyway. And dont forget to leave your comment and suggestion. I'm really appreciate it as your comment and suggestion will encourage me to write more.

*** I just watched a video of Woohyun's singing at MCountdown last night and it's so sad to see he cried. it really broke my heart. And I know you all must be broken too. SO, Inspirit lets keep voting for Woohyun so that he could win for his solo album. 

WOOHYUN fighting!! INFINITE fighting!!! INSPIRIT fighting!!!