Asylum

Big Bang Creepypastas
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Standing in front of a locked, rusty metal gated entrance to an abandoned asylum, five figures were contemplating their next move.  After a few minutes, they all reluctantly agreed to climb over the rusty gate.  Luckily, the youngest among them, came prepared.  He threw his black backpack over the gate before placing a leather sheet over the top of the spiked gate before he nimbly hoisted himself up and over the gate after getting a boost from one of his hyungs.

"See Top hyung!  Easy peasy!  Just get your lazy over the gate and we can start on our mission!"  Seungri teased his oldest member.

"Easy for you to say you piece of turd." Top grumbled under his breath.

SHHHHH!!!! You guys!  Keep it down!  You want to wake up the entire neighbourhood?  Taeyang stood upright to hush the squabbling members.

Seeing the rest nodded in understanding, he resumed back his original position to help boost the rest of the Big Bang members over the gate.

TOP.

GD.

Daesung.

Except Daesung remained straddled over the gate to help pull Taeyang up since he was the shortest and the last member to go.  Once all the members were safely over the spiked gate, Seungri pulled down the leather sheet and rolled it up before he tied it to his back.  There was no way he would leave the sheet hanging over the gate, fearing a passing patrol car might noticed it and decided to check the hospital for trespassing thrill-seekers.  

He then gathered the rest of his hyungs before he swung his backpack off his back and ped it.   The full moon illuminated the night and offered a somewhat view of what the maknae's bag of tricks held.

3 black Mag lights.

A pair of grey Cat Eye headlights

A pair of yellow walkie-talkies.

10 glow sticks.

A can of yellow gold spray paint.

"What are those for?" GD broke the silence.

"Survival tools." Seungri answered nonchalantly.

"We are just walking through a hospital.  Not taking over control." GD smugly replied.

"Tsk! Amateur."  Seungri scoffed at GD. "You *handing a mag light at GD* would be thanking me by the end of the night."

GD rolled his eyes as he took the mag light, secretly grateful for a light source while standing in the creepy dark porch of the abandoned asylum.  They decided to split into two groups in order to cut the search time to reach their intended destination by playing rock, paper, scissor,  

As Fate deemed it, Top, Daesung and Taeyang were grouped together while the bickering Tom and Jerry were stuck together.  Seungri handed one of the Cat Eye headlight to Taeyang while he passed a mag light each to Daesung and Top.  GD distributed 2 glowsticks to each of the members on Seungri's behest while secretly plotting how to inflict bodily harm at the group maknae and getting away with it scot-free.  

Seungri then gave Taeyang a quick run-through on how to operate the walkie-talkie since their handphone signals were pretty close to non-existent in the abandoned asylum.  Taeyang gave a pat on Seungri's back for his preparedness while avoiding a death glare from a jealous childhood friend.

"So hyung, keep to the preset channel 1 for now.  Unless absolutely necessary, do not change the frequency.   If case of emergency, only then you should change the frequency to channel 3 or 5.  Both channels had been programmed to reach the nearest police post, though I rather we never have to ever use it."  Seungri reiterated to Taeyang who soak all the information in as he clipped the walkie-talkie to his belt.  

Their conversation was interrupted when GD jumped up in pain as fire ants had mercilessly bitten his toes as he had chosen to ignore Seungri's pre-expedition instructions to wear closed toes shoes.  Being GD, he purposely went against Seungri's good advice and opted for a fashionable open-toed loafer.

"Stupid bugs!"  GD grumbled.

"They are actually fire ants hyung." Daesung corrected GD meekly.

"Whatever!  Those bastards bloodsucking critters!  It's all your fault Taeyang!  Now I have to suffer all because of this stupid mission!"  GD piqued.

Taeyang cocked his eyebrow in askance before GD explained.  "If you had stopped me in time, I won't have taken up the bet with the 2PM guys.  Now we have to go and find that stupid room with the red '2PM' tag and tag our group name in our official fandom colour!  This whole thing is so juvenile! "  GD flailing his skinny arms in mid-air.

"Yes.  It's all my fault.  I should have just clobbered you in the head with a soju bottle over dinner with the 2PM guys last week."  Taeyang gave a sardonic grin towards his best friend.

"Whatever man.  Let's get this done and over with!"  GD quickly steered the conversation towards the mission on hand.  

 

 

***

 

 

 

Seungri made all of them synchronised their watches together while exploring separately for an hour and communicate regularly to make a headcount every 10 minutes interval.  Whether or not they successfully find the red '2PM' tag, they had reluctantly agreed to TOP's incessant request to end the mission once the hour is up. 

Seungri stopped in front of the entrance of the asylum.  A small nagging feeling had been bothering him ever since they arrived.  But he quickly pushed any doubt aside as he led the group in front, pushing the broken front door that was barely hanging on the hinges.  Once inside, they found themselves facing a messy reception desk with papers strewn across the surface.  To the left, was a wooden door with a cutout clear glass window that had 'General Wards' in black letterings, pasted across the glass window.  To the right was a long, dark, creepy corrridor, which had another door at the end, leading to another part of the asylum.  

They decided to split up into their two groups then.  Taeyang, Daesung and TOP turned to their left without much thought, leaving Seungri and GD to conquer the dark, scary corridor.  Mustering whatever remaining courage within them, Seungri carefully walked further towards the dark corridor with an unsually quiet GD by his side.  

It was dead silent in the asylum except for the sound of their footsteps that echoed off the asylum's walls and creaked along the rotting wooden floorboards.  The sudden drop in room temperature was obvious by now as goosebumps were visibly on his arms.  Even now and then, the static emitted from the walkie-talkie would crackled through, shattering the silence.  Seungri had to constantly fight to hold in his sniffles due to their dusty surrounding, so as to not disturb any of the the asylum possible 'occupants'.  

When they reached the end of the corridor, Seungri stopped in his tracks.  The same nagging feeling that had been bothering him since they entered the asylum, crept back up inside him.  He never did consider himself to be superstitious but he do believe in not playing with forces that was beyond our understanding.

"Maybe we should go back?" Seungri suggested half-heartedly without turning around to face his group leader. 

"What?! NO!"  GD voiced his disapproval in a low voice.  "I did not get bitten by fire ants, only to go BACK without tagging our God damn name on that blasted wall!" GD insisted stubbornly.

" What is it Seungri?"  Daesung's concerned voice came through the walkie-talkie.

"I've got a bad feeling about this Daesung hyung.  I can't explain why.  I just don't feel good."  Seungri spoke to his own walkie-talkie.

"So NOW you are a psychic?  Earlier you were so eager to gear us up with your fancy gadgets!  Now you want to foot your way out of our mission?"  GD started to  direct his anger toward Seungri.

"I hate to say this but I kind of agree with GD this time round Seungri.  We came all the way and it is such a waste if we didn't at least give it a try."  TOP's voice came through the walkie-talkie.  "At least let's stick to the one hour deadline alright?"  TOP reassured Seungri who by now nodded in defeat even though the oldest member could not see him.  Steeling himself up before he pushed the door in front of him which was labelled in bold black lettering.  'Suicide Watch'.

 

 

***

 

After another 15 more minutes of exploring, GD was starting to grow restless.  He stopped in his track and watched the youngest member's back for a few seconds.

"Hyung, what's wrong?"

"There's no such things as ghosts."

"Ok.  Can we keep going?  This place gives me the creeps."

"No."

"Hyung?"

"I am not wasting my precious time waiting for some stupid mist or white cloth to jump up from a dark corner to scare the out of me!  *Circling around*  COME OUT YOU STUPID GHOSTS!  COME GET ME!  I AM NOT AFRAID OF YOU!  COME ON OUT YOUR MOTHERFU*****...!!!"  Seungri reached out to cover GD's loud mouth.

"OUCH!" Seungri yelped in pain as he let go of GD's mouth.

"Serve you right!" GD shouted.

"What's going on?  We heard shoutings!"  Taeyang's voice came through the walkie-talkie this time round.

"It's fine hyung.  GD hyung bit me." Seungri replied with an obvious tinge of displeasure in his voice.

"Bit you?  Yah! GD! Why did you do that for?"  Taeyang was pissed.

GD snatched the walkie-talkie from Seungri's hand.

"He covered my mouth with his filthy hands!  God knows where those hands had been the whole day!  I was just 'encouraging' the ghosts in this stupid asylum to come out and start doing their ing job!"  GD replied, annoyed.

"And what exactly is their job?"  TOP asked sarcastically.

"To scare the out of you! You stupid dinosaur!" GD professed childishly.

"YAH! YOU ARROGANT STU.....!!!" 

"GD, stop pissing everyone off!  Let get this show on the road!   Find the room with the '2PM' tag and radio back to us the location.  The spray can is with Daesung.  Till then, grow the up for ONCE!"  Taeyang ended the conversation abruptly.

GD started to feel a little guilty after his childhood best friend's ranting.  He handed the walkie-talkie back to Seungri.

"Let's go."

"Ok hyung."

 

 

***

 

Seungri and GD soon found themselves entering another section of the asylum.  Lined along both side of another long, dark, creepy corridor, they could roughly make out rows of doors with open glass windows in place of a wall on both side of the corridor.  Seungri guessed that since they were in the section of the asylum for the suicidal cases,  the nurses, orderlies and doctors probably needed to keep close watch on all the patients that were placed in each room.  Hence the open concept and visibility.  Seungri noticed the lack of curtains over the windows which overlooked down into the asylum ground below.  

"I guess the patients probably had to change in the open..." His voice trailed as he made a mental note of the interiors of each room.

GD must have noticed the same things as he arrogantly explained to his maknae.

"Are you dumb?  This was the 'Suicide Watch' ward.  You want the patients to hang themselves using the curtains?!  Just take a look!  There is a reason why these particular wing had ceiling-to-floor clear glass windows instead of stark white walls!  On second thought, I think those are probably not even glass.  Probably some sort of reinforced tempered glass to prevent some loony bins from breaking the window to jump out of the second floor or cut their wrists or slit their throats with a piece of broken glass shards!  I can't believe you are THAT STU---!!!"

http://i.imgur.com/JjAB6GQ.jpg

GD suddenly froze with utter fear in his track as his mouth gaped wide open, resembling a goldfish.  Seungri noticed the sudden change in his leader's demeanour and tried to shake GD out of his catatonic state.

"Hyung!  Hyung!  What's wrong?

GD tried to take his eyes away but somehow was forced to keep staring into a particular window.  He could only muster enough energy to point a finger towards the problematic window in question, hoping Seungri would quickly figure it out.

Seungri followed the direction of GD's finger and strained his eyes to see what was it that hel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter