Four

Turning Tables

The two hours interview ended well but Kyungsoo still felt blood on his cheeks because Kai didn't break the hold on l his hand until the end of the show.

"Good job, Kai, Kyungsoo, I thought I have to tell you to be nice and sweet to each other since you're promoting for the movie, but it seems like it comes naturally." Minseok said

"No, thank you for your support." Kyungsoo bowed as a respect to the older guy.

"We owe you both for today's rating"

"We just did what we have to do, excuse us, i'll just have to talk to Kyungsoo." Jongin said as he snatches Kyungsoo to walk towards the parking lot.

 

"Ca-can we ahm... Exchange numbers?" Jongin said looking at his shoes and Kyungsoo find it cute.

"Haha, so that's it? That's what you wanted to tell me that you have to snatch me there?" Kyungsoo said laughing at the thought.

"So-sorry, because I think I wouldn't have any other chance to ask you again." Jongin said stammering and looking embarrased.

"Its okay, and you look quite cute." As Kyungsoo types his number on Jongin's phone he saw Jongin blush.

"Thanks." Jongin said as he leads them both in.

 

---

"What makes you so happy looking at your phone?" Chanyeol ask Jongin who looks at his phone and rolls around the king size bed.

"I want to send Kyungsoo a text but I don't know what to say.. But atleast I got his number.. Hey give me back my phone!" Jongin jumps at Chanyeol's back but Chanyeol lifts his hand in the air so Jongin wouldn't be able to reach it.

"Oh, you typed something, why wont you send it?"

"Because its too cheesy, Kyungsoo might think I'm gross and corny."

"Oopss message sent!" Chanyeol throws Jongin cellphone on his bed and leaves a stunned Jongin

"Oh my God, I just sent Kyungsoo a cheesy text. Im dead."

 

Kyungsoo's phone beep but the male is currently having a shower so Baekhyun looks at it and found that its a text message from an unknown number. Baekhyun opened the text because Kyungsoo is used to Baekhyun who ussually uses his phone.

-from 0XXXXXXXXXX

Hi Kyungsoo, what are you doing right now? I hope you get enough rest, I would like to hold your hand if I'm there but since I can't do that, can you just text me back so I'll know if you received my text. By the way this is Jongin :)

"Waaaah waaah, Soo!! Kyungsoo yah!" Baekhyun shouts as he finished reading the text.

"What now Baek?" Kyungsoo who just finished his shower said.

"Kai texted you! He even introduce himself as Jongin! Are you that close?" Kyungsoo wasn't surprised that Jongin texted him but he's happy that he really did.

"Oh really?" Kyungsoo said while getting the phone from Baekhyun's hands. Kyungsoo smiled at the text message and type his reply.

To 0XXXXXXXXXX

So you finally got the nerves to text me huh? Well, I just finished shower, how about you?

 

Jongin's smile does not leave his face as he looks at Kyungsoo's reply, so he quickly typed his.

To Jongin's <3

Waiting for your reply.

But a minute later, Jongin's phone rang and when he saw the caller, it's Kyungsoo.

"Hello?"

"Moron, how can you say something like that?" Even on phone, Kyungsoo's voice doesn't fail to drive Jongin crazy.

"Ah, haha, did you not like it?" Jongin said trying to sound cool.

"N-no, that's okay.. You know, I just called because I'm not really fond of texting" Kyungsoo mean it ,that he is not a fan of texting, he's more comfortable talking on the phone than texting because its frustrating to wait for somebody's reply

. "Oh, i'll remember that. Next time if I wanted to talk to you or I missed you i'll just call you. 'Kay?" Jongin said with a hint of smile on his voice that Kyungsoo can almost picture out.

"okay. I'll hung up now."

"Good night, dream of me, bye." Jongin quickly said not wanting Kyungsoo to reply.

"Argh that idiot." Kyungsoo wanted to sound annoyed at Jongin but the smile starting to spread on his lips betrayed him.

"Really? You don't sound irritated at all." Baekhyun teases him

"you know what Soo? You sound so happy talking to him"

"Well because I am indeed happy, don't make any issue Baek, mind your own dirty business with that Chanyeol guy."

"Yah! We don't have any dirty business and we've been dating for quite a while, you should probably date too so that you wouldn't have your mood swings."

"Whatever Baek."

--------

Kyungsoo went out to eat at a fancy restaurant with Baekhyun who he later realized invited Chanyeol.

"What? You invited him to eat with us? You two should just eat with yourselves I'll just look like a third party with both of you." Kyungsoo rant as Baekhyun parks his car.

"It is not as bad as you think Soo." Baekhyun counters As Baekhyun finish his statement Kyungsoo's phone rings.

"Hello?" Kyungsoo said not looking at the caller i.d.

"I miss you." He coughs as he was taken aback by Jongin's sudden reply.

"What?! You called to tell me that?" Kyungsoo's voice came loud which made Baekhyun stare at him with his what-happened-look.

"Is there something wrong with that? I already said before that i'll call if I miss you or I just want to talk to you right? Well right now, I miss you. That's an enough reason right?" Kyungsoo can't believe that even on the phone, Jongin can make him flustered.

"Hey Kyungsoo, get out of the car, we're going inside." Baekhyun shouted.

"I'll hung up now, i'll just call you later."

"Hmm, see you soon."

"What? Aish just bye." Kyungsoo turn the call off as he gets out of the car and walk with Baekhyun inside the huge restaurant.

 

"Do we have a reservation Baek?" Kyungsoo ask because Baekhyun seems to be walking at ease.

"Ofcourse, Chanyeol reserved it for all of us."

"'Kay." Kyungsoo thought that he's just seeing things, because when they're approaching a table he saw sitting infront of Chanyeol is a man with the same huge smile plastered on his face.

"What the heck Baek. Is that Kai?" Kyungsoo pinch Baekhyun's side which made Baekhyun flinch in shock

"Oh no Soo, I didn't know Chanyeol will bring Kai with him, promise cross my heart."

"Aish, why did he even call to tell me he missed me if he's going to see me today! He's really impossible."

"Well maybe he really did miss you thats why he went with Chanyeol."

"Hi Chanyeol, hi Kai, I didn't know you'll be eating with us today." Baekhyun gleefully said

"I just knew Chanyeol will be eating with you guys this morning, so I force him to bring me here. And I also wanted to see Kyungsoo, its been a month since I last saw him this close. I dont have enough reason to talk to you infront of other artists and we rarely said a word when we attended for the awards."Kai said as he manage to pull Kyungsoo beside his seat and so Chanyeol guided Baekhyun to sit beside him. 

"Stupid, so this is see you soon? I didn't know it will be as early as this."

 

The lunch went smoothly as Chanyeol and Baekhyun opens a topic from time to time and only a few people notice them. As they finished eating, Chanyeol and Kai walked both Baekhyun and Kyungsoo to the parking lot. As they walk Kai pulled Kyungsoo closer to him letting Chanyeol and Baekhyun walk first and the two seems like they didnt notice since the two is pretty absorb with their own conversation.

"Do you have a schedule the day after tomorrow?" Kai ask as they trail behind Chanyeol and Baekhyun

. "Hmm, yes, but I think by three, the photoshoot will be finished. Why?" "Great! where will the photoshoot take place?"

"In the company's studio, why are you asking me this?"

"I'll pick you up there, i'll call you at exactly three pm, make sure to hold your phone by then hmm?" Kai smile as he put his left arm around Kyungsoo's waist while walking.

"O-okay, can I ask you something?" Kyungsoo said looking to his left to see Kai's face

"Hmm? What is it?" Jongin looks at him and raises his eyebrow

"Kai, is that a date? Are we dating?" The smaller male said directly

"I would like to say yes if you would let me," Kai wink at Kyungsoo and the other male felt like he's going to melt anytime

"can you call me Jongin instead of Kai? I never heard you call my real name, I wanted to hear how it sounds like with your voice." Kai continued.

"Jongin. Kim Jongin." Kyungsoo said feeling hypnotize by Jongin's gaze.

"You know what? I wanted to kiss you so bad right now but I don't want pictures of us kissing in a place like this to spread so don't look at me like that. Please." Jongin said and Kyungsoo felt Jongin's hand squeezes his waist.

"You're really funny."

"Hey Soo, get in the car stop the lovey dovey." Baekhyun said breaking their conversation.

"Okay." Kyungsoo said but before Jongin remove his hand on the smaller male's waist he whispered

"Day after tomorrow, three pm, i'll pick you up, its a date." The taller male's whisper sent shiver to Kyungsoo's body and he can feel his ears turning red.

"Okay Jongin."

"Okay Jongin" Baekhyun mimic

"When did Kyungsoo blush like that? And when did Kyungsoo started calling Kai by his real name?" Baekhyun started teasing him again when they arrived at their shared house.

"Shut up Baek. And Jongin ask me to call him by his first name."

"Okaay, its my turn to say whatever"

-----

Kyungsoo looks at his watch from time to time which earns a confuse look from Baekhyun. Its five minutes before three but the photoshoot is still unfinish. When his phone rang he thank God that the cameraman is busy fixing for the right position. He went to a corner and answered the call.

"I'm very sorry Jongin, we still have a few shots left before we finish. If afraid it will take an hour, if you want, we can cancel this for another day." Kyungsoo said apologetically and he himself is sad at the thought of cancelling their first date.

"Oh no no Kyungsoo, I can wait. I'll just stay here in the car, don't worry I wouldn't leave. Take your time, i miss you, please smile, I can almost hear your sadness from here."

"Thanks Jongin, i'll make it fast I promise."

Kyungsoo was thankful that it only took 45 minutes to finish the photoshoot so he went to Baekhyun and tell him to go home first and he didn't let Baekhyun answer as he stormed out of the studio and ran to the parking lot.

"Oh my God Jongin, sorry for making you wait like this." Kyungsoo said as Jongin opened the car only to earn a hug from the male.

"Its okay Soo, its worth it if i'm going to be with you for the rest of the day." Kyungsoo doesn't understand why Jongin still look cool with only a blue v-neck 3/4's paired with a simple dark pants

"lets go?" Kyungsoo smiled his heart shape smile that makes Jongin think that it really is worth the wait. Jongin and Kyungsoo strolled at the park and although its pretty late and its a bit cold. Kyungsoo did not feel cold at all, not when Jongin is there to hold his hands.

"Why do you like it here? I mean other people would want to go somewhere, somewhere fancy." Jongin said as they sit on a bench on the park with a very few people and most were kids.

"Because I think a date should just feel like this, enjoying each other's company, its not the place that is important, its the two people being unbelievably happy even with simple things. Am I talking a bit old style here?"

"No, and even if you do, maybe that will be one of the many reasons why I really love you.." Jongin said with each words making Kyungsoo's knees weak, he silently felt grateful that they are currently sitting.

"Thank you Jongin, I don't know when you started to like me regardless of how I used to deal with you, but I want to say that I like being with you and that I couldn't explain why I always feel so breathless with your words."