Chapter Five

Lightsavior

“I’ll pick you up from work. Okay?”

“It’s okay, Baek. I can walk alone. I’m getting used to it—“ I touched his arm to soothe him.

“No.” His stern voice shocked me a little. “I’m not letting anyone to touch you again, princess.” His eyes looked straight to mine, it’s like I’m being hypnotized by his gaze and I nodded almost immediately.

Only him could give this kind of effect on me.

And so Baekhyun always pick me up from work every night since that time. He would also take me on several date, but only at night. Saying he only have time on night because every morning he has errands to take care of something that ‘sent’ from the above.

Every time I asked him about what errands he has to do to kill my curiosity, Baekhyun would always reply me with, “It’s nothing, princess. If you’re worrying I would leave one day, trust me. I won’t leave you ever again, okay?” or he will shifted the topic asking me about what I have been doing on the past years without being with him because sure we have a lot of things to catch up.

Eunji has been bugging me with questions about my change in attitude. I become happier and I could smile genuinely at everyone I met. But, I didn't tell her anything, though.

Let the secrets remain as secrets.

Another night, I’m having movie marathon with my boyfriend beside me at his house. After the clock read past midnight, we decided to call it a night. So, now I’m with Baekhyun on his bed. Facing each other with his hands securely on my waist. We talked while giving each other peck on the forehead, cheeks and sometimes on lips too.

“You look tired. Sleep, okay?” Baekhyun moved his hands to shift my bangs that covered my eyes. Then, he pecked my forehead.

“Okay.” I heard Baekhyun flicked his fingers, indicating that he makes the light dimmer with his supernatural power. Since, I couldn't sleep with complete darkness surrounded me.

Then I already on my deep slumber the moment Baekhyun said, “I love you.

And I smiled in my dreams.

 

***

 

Morning comes as I opened my eyes only to be greeted by a blinding sunlight that went through the curtains. I’m sure we forgot to close the curtains last night. I groaned and trying to open my eyes fully but then shocked to see no one is beside me. I sat up immediately and my hands were shaking. I could only think that my boyfriend is leaving me again.

I ran out from the bedroom then barged to every corner of the house to search for him. There’re possibilities he’s going to leave me. Like what he explained last time to me—

Princess." Baekhyun suddenly called out. "Why are you running around?” Baek came out from the kitchen and I could felt relief washed over me the moment I walked up to him and circled both of my hands on his neck. I hugged him close, tight as ever, not wanting to let him go.

“I-I thought you left me, again, Baek.” I mumbled on his chest. “I wake up but I don’t see you. I thought that you—“ I could hear his steady heartbeat and take in his morning scent.

Please don’t ever leave me.

“Morning, princess.” He grins and pecked my forehead. “I’m here.” Baekhyun only smiled, bend a little bit to make the same eyes level to me. He looked at me in the eyes then took my hands pulled me towards the kitchen to sit on one of the stool. My eyes followed his movement, then he bring some plates to the table in front of me.

“I make your favorite.” He beamed at me.

I could see the food in front of me all indeed mouthwatering. Not to mention it’s my favorite food.

"I'll eat this well." I didn't dare to looked up at him because I could feel my cheeks being hot. I've always missed Baekhyun's cooking. Four years ago, it's always him who cooked every time I went to his house or whenever he’s having sleepover at mine. God knows what I can do about cooking, I might've burned the whole kitchen.

Baekhyun only smiled and took a seat beside me. Watching me eats with one arm propped on his head.

"Um.. you're not eating?" I tilted my chin to the food in front of me and then Baekhyun only shook his head, his eyes kept staring at me.

I gasped at him, "How am I gonna finish all this food Baek! This is too much!"

"I don't want my princess starving ‘til become all bones." He grinned. "You have to eat more, so you have a little more to hold at night when I'm sleeping, with you." He teased me and put his hand on my thigh.

I hit his arm and pushed his hand that rested on my thigh playfully. "God, you're ert." I started to blush. Since when Baekhyun becoming such a tease.

Baekhyun laughed and clutched his stomach, "I'm kidding, princess." He wiped his tears then patted my head lightly, "Now continue eat, hmm?" He continued staring at me until I finished my meals though I couldn't finish all of the food he prepared.

Then we both wash the dish on the sink with our hips touched. I'm on the job to rubs the dish with soap, while Baekhyun rinse it with water. We catch up and talk about my work at the coffee shop and he just listening to me.

After finished, we decided to cuddle on the couch with one of his arm slung over my shoulders, my heads on the crook of his neck, and our limbs tangled. No one talking and I appreciate the silence. Just him being with me like this is enough for me.

Baekhyun's head suddenly perked up. I looked up at him and asked him what's wrong. But he’s not saying anything, then stand up abruptly with eyes closed. I'm starting to feel scared—not knowing what is happening but then the lights on the living room suddenly out. It makes cracked sounds and I shrieked.

I think Baekhyun just realized what happened, he comes up to me and take me to his embrace. His head on my left shoulder and I could feel his tears wetting my shirt. He's crying. And him being like this make me feel more scared than already it is.

I started crying too because Baekhyun kept his mouth shut after I asked him several times of what is happening.

But the next words that come out from his mouth make my world collapsed.

 

"I-It's the time, p-princess. I-I have to go. Now."

 

 

 

W-what?