Chapter Four

Lightsavior

 

“I’m not your Baekhyun.”

 

And he walked out.

 

***

 

After a while, I came out from the bedroom and bringing a tray of food I just finished. “Um.. Thank you.”

Seeing him still sit in the couch and not looking up to me, I continued, “For everything, thank you. For the food and for.. last night.” I cringed a little bit from the memories last night.

He standing up, still not saying anything. Then he said something but not looking at me. “Let me take you home.”

I chocked up hearing his voice. I hated it so much that only his voice could make me feel really weak. “N-no, it’s okay. I can walk alone—”

“I’m. Taking. You. Home.” He said with annoyed tone and grabbed his coat from the couch.

“You don’t even know who I am, so why do you like you care?” I spat at him, because I couldn’t take it anymore. The strong wall I’ve been build this past years are going to drowned just because this one particular person standing in front of me right now.

“Why are you talking so much? I’ll just take you home for god’s sake.” He ruffled his hair in frustration as he walked towards me.

I took a step back and lowered my heads as tears started rolled down on my cheeks without I realizing.

“No! I-I won’t let you to take me home! I c-can, ALONE.”

“No, princess! I’M NOT LETTING Y—” He shouted angrily and the whole lights in his house suddenly turned black.

But, that’s not what is matter anymore, because the moment I heard him calling me by princess again, I could swear that the boy in front of me is the boy whom I loved. Whom I still cared and loved, until now.

 

It’s my Baekhyun.

 

The man in front of me having a pale face.

 

 “No. Sorry—what I mean is—“ The lights in the house suddenly lights up slowly the moment he’s being soft and saying sorry to me.

The next thing I knew, I wrapped both of my hands on his neck and hugged him tight. Not caring the damn world if he’s going to throw me after this. I hugged him close and put my left cheek on his ear.

I already crying so hard the moment I realized that the boy in front of me is the boy I’ve always dreamed about. The love of my life.

I miss you so much, Baek! How could you leave me a-alone? Do you know how hard it is to be left by you? I love you, Baek. I still love you. So, so much.” I break down the moment he hummed in response and hugged me back. Tight as ever. And at that time, I knew I have found him.

“I’m sorry, princess.” He sighed. “I miss you too, you know.” He chuckled while sniffing his nose because of tears.

 

 

And I want to die because of happiness.

 

 

***

 

 

“I’ll told you everything you have to know about me, princess. It’s kinda long—so if you get bored—“

I touched his face with my right hand started from his eyes, then nose, his soft plump pink lips, then his little scar in the corner of his left mouth. It’s only my Baekhyun who has this scar. People wouldn't realizing this tiny scar because it’s almost invisible. Of course I knew. The scar was because of my carelessness at that time, I accidentally cut it with my mechanical pencil and it’s left with a tiny scar.

Now, I’m cuddling with Baekhyun on his bed without leaving our skin not touched. I knew this isn’t dream because I could feel and touch him. Not like one of those dreams—where I couldn’t even reach Baekhyun. I don’t know what is happening right now but the most important thing is, he is here. With me.

Baek.” I cut him out, still touching his scar. “Why would you pretend not to know me?”

”He buried his head on my hair to kiss my temple slowly, “I’m sorry, princess.”

I sighed. “Stop saying sorry, Baekhyun. I’m not making you the bad guy here. I’m just—mad, you know?” My vision started blurred with tears, “Y-you suddenly left me at that t-time, and I can’t—“

“Shh.. Now I’m here, okay?” He ruffled my hair slowly and kissed my head several times until I calmed down. The moment I stopped from sobbing, Baekhyun started to tell me his story and hugged me closer.

“I’m going to tell you the truth. So, I just want to make you to believe in me. Even though, it’s hard to believe. But please, trust me.”

I looked up at him and nodded in response. “I trust you, Baekhyun.”

 

“I’m already dead, princess.”

 

I’m already opened my mouth to ask something but he cut me out with continuing his story.

“As you know, I’m already dead because some freaking car hit me when I’m on my way to my house after dropped you home from drama practice on school four years ago. But now, I’m here. Alive. But I have to tell you—that I’m not the same Baekhyun anymore.”

I tried to stand up a little so I could look at him in the face, “What do you mean, Baek?”

“I’m not a normal human anymore, princess.”

I gasped lightly but let him to continue his story.

“I’m dead but I-I was sent from above, to do something. I-it’s to do something that I haven’t done yet while I’m still alive. And it is to protect you. I was given a chance, a second chance to meet you again as human. But, I have to do something else to take it. How could I reject the offer when the prizes is to meet you again?”

My vision started blurred with tears, not because I’m sad or angry. But because the man in front of me giving me a sudden happiness that I don't deserve. Ever.

Just, how to unlove you, Baekhyun?

He took my left hand and moved it to his lap. “So, I’m being here again. But, not for a long time. I need to go—someday—I didn’t even know when.” He took a deep breath. “Maybe I’ll be here, forever.”

“You know at that night when you walk alone on the dark alley but suddenly the street lamps light up? It’s my doing.” He laughs.

“What? How?” I gasped.

He smiles fondly at me, “I have the power of light. This is given. From above. So, I could always protect you, princess.

“Look.” The moment he flicked his finger, the light on his room suddenly turned off. And I shrieked because I hate dark.

Then he flicked his finger once again until the lights started to light up again. “Sorry.” He laughs and ruffles my hair.

“So, does that mean..” I cleared my throat, “You can control.. the light?”

“Yes. So, I could protect my princess from the darkness.”

“Then.. why are you pretending not to know me before? I even asked you at the coffee shop, Baek!” I nudge his stomach lightly. “OH MY GOD! I have work today!” I suddenly jumped from Baekhyun’s bed and raised my hands in frustration. “What time is it?!”

“Hey, princess. Calm down—“ Baekhyun trying to make me sit again. But because I won’t budge, he called my name and I sit down immediately. It’s been a really long time since the last time he called me by my name. My name on his lips sounds like music I want to listen day and night. I soften at the thought and smiles at him.

“It’s already past lunch time, you’ll be too late to get in work, princess. And your friend—Eunji—has been calling on your phones while you’re asleep and I took the initiate to send her message that you’re going to absent from work today. So, it’s all settled. Don't worry, hmm?” Baekhyun tell me while trying not too laughing at my shocked expressions.

He assures me by pulled me towards him as he hugged me close. He take a deep breath and sigh in relief. “I’m so happy that I’m being here with you again.”

I buried my face on his chest, taking once more his scent I never getting bored of. “Me too, Baek. Me too.” I hugged him closer until I make sure there wasn’t any space between us. “But, what if you leave me again?”

“It’ll never happen, baby. I’ll be by your side until you don’t want me anymore.” He laughs. ”I love you.”

These past four years, I’ve always dreamed about Baekhyun coming to me kept saying ‘I love you’ several times. But, the moment I woke up, he would disappear. Right now, It’s sounded very clear and real because he is in front of me, in my arms. And I couldn’t be more happy to say it back to him, because I always do. “I love you, too.”

 

Anything doesn’t even matter anymore while he’s here.

 

 

He’s back. In my arms, again.

 


 

Maybe it'll be another two or three chapters to finish.

Thankyou for reading!