Why? (V8/VerHao/HanHao/whatever the f this ship is called)

Seventeen Drabbles

  “Why?” Was the question Minghao had asked when Hansol confessed to him.

 

    “What?”

 

    “Why me? Why not Seunggwan. You and I aren't close like you and him. We aren't two people that our fans want together, leading us to be pushed together, I'm very different from you in a lot of ways…so why do you like me?”

 

    Hansol sighed, looking down at the floor, dejected. “Look, Minghao…if you don't accept my feelings then just say so.”

 

    Minghao shook his head even though Hansol couldn't see. “I just want to know.”

 

    Hansol blushed and bit his lips, looking back at the older boy. Minghao didn't look angry or disgusted, just curious and completely confused. “Why wouldn't I?” He started. “You're so passionate in everything you do, and you're a great dancer. You have a cute accent when you speak Korean and despite how hard you've worked to learn the language sometimes you still mess up and it's adorable. You're tall and you have nice hair and pretty eyes and a cute face and a long neck and really, really, really nice hands. You're kind to everyone and still love us no matter how much we annoy the out of you and make you wonder why you left China to be surrounded by idiots. You're not afraid to sass Mingyu when he's being stupid-which is about 85% of the time-and you help keep us in check. You're really shy on broadcasts because of your Korean but when you're at  home with us; outgoing and loud and never fail to make me laugh. You also have this thing you do with your mouth that is really distract-”

 

    “Hansol. You're rambling again.” Minghao stated with a chuckle, not bothering to hide his blushing face.

 

    “…sorry.” Hansol looked away again. “If it's about you I tend to not be able to stop talking…”

 

     Minghao reached a hand out to grab Hansols wrist. “I accept your feeling then…if you like me that much.” Hansol gave him a happy, wide eyed, surprised look. Minghao chuckled and ruffled the hair of the younger.

 

--

 

    “Why did you decide to confess?” Minghao asked after a solid 5 months of dating. They were sitting in the couch, behind the rest if the group in the living room while they watched all the episodes of their One Fine Day.

 

    Hansol shrugged. “I guess it was because I knew that even if you didn't like me, you wouldn't call me names and go all homophobe on me n’ .”

 

    Minghao laughed, pulling Hansol closer to him by the arm. He wrapped his arms around Hansol’s waist, fitting the younger in between his legs, and pushing him back until his back met Minho's chest. He kissed the back of Hansol’s head.

 

    “I guess it's lucky that I'm actually too gay too breath.” He felt Hansol nod from where his head was placed under his chin. “But then again, now that you're dating me, you seem too gay too breath too.”

 

    Hansol giggled quietly. “You're a bad influence.” He whispered.

 

    Minghao shook his head. “Nah, I just encourage your gayness by encouraging kisses and touches and those really hot make out sessions we love to have.” He stated.

 

    The rest of Seventeen turned around to look at them, leading Hansol to hid his face in his hands and Minghao to just showcase his 0 amount of shame by snuggling the boy even closer. Vernon hit him lightly. “Hyung…don't speak so loud omg.” He whined.

 

    Jihoon glared. “We all love that you guys are all together and dating and happy now. But please keep your life too yourselves.”

 

   Joshua gasped. “They're children! They don't have lives! They only get hot make out session lives.”

 

    Junghan chuckled, but nodded. “In this household, only adults like Joshua and I are permitted to have lives.”

 

    Mingyu cocked his head to the side, confused. “That's a rule?” The couple nodded, Seungcheol also nodding because no way in hell would his kids start doing the dirty any time soon. “Oh, I wish you told us earlier I mean Seunggwan and I broke that rule a whole ago-”

 

    DK made a loud animal noise. “You two are together?!” And the rest of the group looked completely taken back. (With the exception of Vernon and Wonwoo because of their best friend privileges.)

 

    Seunggwan looked up from where he was fiddling with his nail beds. He rolled his eyes at everyone in the group and scoffed. “As IF you guys didn't know.” And the group continued to look surprised. “How did you not know? We don't hide it? Did none of you wonder why when we all shower together Mingyu and I would both be covered in hickeys at the same time I-? I think I lost brain cells from this situation.”

 

--

 

    “You want to have ? Why?”

 

     Hansol blushed and fidgeted a little. “Minghao…” He tried to make his boyfriend retract the question but one thing he learned in the year and a half they've been dating  that when Minghao asks why, he will always find a way to get an answer.  Hansol gulped and cleared his throat. Mildly embarrassed but not enough to think he was too immature to start having . He looked the Chinese boy in the eyes and did his best to sound confident and he spoke. “Because I truly believe we are ready for it. I'm not asking because I'm crazy and hormonal and just want to do it because you're hot; if that was it I would've already asked like 3 years ago to be honest. But…you and and I are in love with each other, and it's not just a lustful, shallow, immature, superficial love. It's deep, and it's real and yes it's immature at times but we love each other as if we were meant to our whole lives and I just…I want to share something as special as with you and bring a new layer to our relationship.” He gulped noticeably as his boyfriend just stared at him the whole way through his little impromptu speech.

 

    Then Minghao smirked.

 

    “Okay.” And he grappled Hansol by the face and pulled him into a kiss filled with unnerving fire and passion, pouring all his emotion into it as his tongue around Hansol’s mouth, alms it being able to taste the words the younger had told him. He pulled back. “I love you.”

 

    Hansol smiled. “I love you too.”

 

--

 

    “Why do you always ask me to explain myself?” Hansol asked on a lazy Sunday, the boys not having a schedule for a solid week; taking a much needed break, cuddled into his lover's side.

 

     Minghao rubbed circles into the skin of Hansol’s hip. “Because…the moment you told me you liked me, I knew I couldn't let you go. I've dated before you, as you've dated before me, and every time, we broke up because they didn't trust me enough to tell me anything. They couldn't ever explain themselves and, if they did, it was all superficial. I didn't want that for us. I wanted real, and true and trust. You're smart so I knew you'd always have a good answer. And you're shy about emotions and feelings, I wanted to try and help you get more comfortable with all that stuff.”

 

    Hansol kissed Minghao’s neck. “Mhm…I trust you more than anyone, and Ilove you more than anything.”

 

    “Why do you trust me?”

 

    Hansol smirked. “Because you're the love of my life.”

 

    Minghao kissed his boyfriend sweetly on the lips, his hand cupping Hansol’s face and thumb rubbing along his cheek. “I love you.”

 

    “Why do you love me?” Hansol asked.

 

    Minghao smiled, his eyes showing just how in love he was. “Because I was born too.”