Ugly (SoonHoon)

Seventeen Drabbles

A/N: okay so I love Hoshi with my whole heart, like honestly I just love him so much and he's so beautiful and amazing and talented and I just ing love him. And seeing him going through so much verbal abuse by so called ‘fans’ hurts me because I don't believe he will be able to take it if the rest of his career so many people tell him he's ugly and unattractive and yes I know this happens to other idols but the extent it happens to Hoshi is terrible and extremely bad and I honestly think he's one of the most attractive members and I just eheksbejbdkene yeah so when I was thinking about that this happened.


     Hoshi was laying in his bed, in his room, wrapped up in his blankets, hiding himself from the world. He heard a knock on his bedroom door again, there had been constant knocking ever since they got home from the fanmeet and he had ran to his room. 

     He did his best to ignore the noise.

     “Hoshi...are you okay?” It was Junghan. Ignore. Junghan sighed so loudly that Hoshi could hear it even with the door and the blankets muffling the sound. “Dinner is ready, please come eat with us, or grab some food at the least.” Hoshi could hear footsteps moving away from the door, meaning that Junghan had left.

     So he cried. He didn't want anyone to know what was wrong, and he knows that if they heard him crying, they'd all freak out and interrogate him. 

    He rarely cried, unless it was from laughing too hard or joy, like when he got to see his parents on the last mission of SEVENTEEN Project. He knows he cried from sadness when Samuel had to leave the group, but other than that, he’d been relatively happy pretty much every day of his natural born life. He didn't cry.

     But today, he was crying because of a simple sentence, one that hadn’t bothered him until recently. ‘Hoshi is ugly’.

      He has always been secure in himself, he loved his eyes; they were different and cute and added to his character, he loved his jaw, his body, he felt good the way he was. But lately, people have been telling him the exact opposite of everything that made him feel good. His eyes were too small-ugly, his jaw is an awkward shape-ugly, he ate too much and didn’t have abs like Junhui-ugly. He was ugly. He looked ugly. He wasn't attractive, at all. Ugly. So ugly in fact that no one was even talking about his dancing, his choreo he was so proud of, no one talked about how he's getting better at singing already or how he makes the most attractive faces when he dances-and he knows that he does-instead, everyone was talking about how he looked awkward and out of place and his looks should've stopped them from debuting. And he was the only one, Seunggwan kept getting attractive now, no one calling him swollen faced anymore, even if they did, Seunggwan was so ing proud of himself he couldn't give a flying at this point what people thought of his face.

     But for 10 months now, all Hoshi had been hearing was how he was ugly. It was all in comments and online, that he could deal with, it didn't matter online, they just wanted to start something. But what broke him today was hearing a fan say it out loud. He heard a fan call him ugly when waiting in line; saw it. Heard and saw all the fans that agreed with her. His mere face was causing his fans discomfort, they all thought he shouldn't be in the group because of his face, his looks holding them all back. He's been letting down all the people he loves most, fans and members alike.

     He sobbed loudly, choking on his pain. “Ugly…” He whispered to himself, crying harder, it hurt. Fans thought he was ugly, his group thought he was ugly, his friends, his manager, his CEO, his stylists. “Everyone…ugly.” Even he began to believe it.

     In the midst of crying, he felt the bed dip beside him, someone's hands tugging on the blanket around his face and pulling it back. “Soonyoung…” He heard his name in a whisper.

     He turned over and saw Woozi, and he gasped before turning back around and hiding his face. Woozi can't see him cry, he just can't. Hoshi buried his face into his pillow, “Go away Jihoon.” He spat.

     Woozi didn't say a word, but Hoshi felt small arms wrap around his waist over the blanket, a small body pressed to his back. “No.” Woozi said, deadpanned and typically emotionless. 

     “Please.” Hoshi whispered.

     “No. This isn't like you, you need to talk to someone, or at least not be alone.” Woozi squeezed him closer. “Soonyoung...talk to me. You're always here for me when I need someone, which is often. Let me be here for you when you need someone.”

     Hoshi took a deep breath, turned over so he was facing his friend, and lifted his arm and giving woozi opening to slide under the blanket with him like they often did when they had heart to heart talks. Hoshi turned again once Woozi was comfortably beside him and cuddled with his friend. “I'm ugly.” Hoshi said simply, head on Woozis chest.

     “What?” 

     “I'm ugly. Fans were talking about it today. I'm ugly, I bring the group down, I don't match you guys.” Hoshis fingers played with the hem of Woozis shirt. “You guys think it too...with that ranking game. Our stylists think so. Everyone thinks so. I'm ugly and now I know it.”

     “I don't think so.” Woozi pushed Hoshi up off him, making him sit up before he could sit up himself. “Soonyoung, God no, none of us think that. I can't promise about fans because everyone has preferences and some people are just plain rude but no, I don't think that. You're beautiful…”

     Hoshi scoffed. “Jihoon, don't-”

     Woozi sat up on his knees. “I'm not lying, Soonyoung. , your so handsome when you dance, you have wonderful eyes, and a strong jaw, you have the perfect body for cuddling, and you're beautiful, you're a beautiful person, inside and out, you make people fall in love with you with just one smile and you're so cute when you're sleeping and when you just wake up and you're tired and confused and Soonyoung you're ing gorgeous at all times. Please don't believe anyone that tells you otherwise.” Woozi had his hands on Hoshis cheeks, looking into his eyes, adding that much more fire behind his words.

     Hoshi felt his eyes water again, either from Woozis words or from how long he’d had his eyes open staring at the male with pink hair, he didn't know. But he did know he saw something else, something deeper in his friend's eyes. “Jihoon.”

     “Yes?”

     “Are you going to kiss me?”

     “I was planning on it…” Woozi squinted his eyes, trying to read Hoshi's face. “But now I'm not sure…”

     So Hoshi leaned forward quite a bit, his nose touching Woozi’s. “It's okay. Please. I want it.”

      So Woozi went for it. Pressing his lips hard against his best friends. Pouring every ounce of what he felt for that boy into it. Showing him how beautiful he was with his tongue entering his mouth and tasting all around. Hoshi accepted the kiss with much joy, letting Woozi take control and show him how much he needed him to know he was loved and beautiful. Hoshi’s hands went to the smaller boy's hips and dug his nails into the skin there when Woozi lightly bit down on Hoshi's lower lip and pulled it back, Hoshi letting out an airy gasp at the feeling. Woozi let go and leaned back, moving his hands down to Hoshi's neck. “You're beautiful.”

     And Hoshi kissed him. 

 

a/n: hope you enjoyed! Thanks for reading and please leave a comment ❤️