Ch.9

Fish in the Sea
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It wasn’t as hard leaving Mokpo the second time around, which was a surprise even to himself. As Heechul drove off on the main road, Donghae turned around in his seat and watched his childhood home fade away into the distance. It felt bittersweet, like letting go and saving it as just a mere memory in the back of his mind. He’d never forget Mokpo, but it was time to move on with his life and just let it become a memory of the family he’d once had, because now he had Heechul and Mir, and they were the best family he could ever ask for.

It was a long and tiring drive to where Heechul’s ‘boyfriend’ resided with his brother and son. Donghae spent a good majority of ride playing all sorts of games with Mir, such as I Spy (where the object changed every second so neither of them could win), Guess What I’m Thinking About (they would either lie or always think about aliens), See Who Bugs Heechul The Most (that didn’t last long after they’d gotten yelled at), and now they were on their final game. This was a special one that Heechul had thought up long ago, it was called See Who Can Be Quiet the Longest.

 Needless to say, Mir lost.

It was about mid afternoon when they finally arrived to the giant house hidden in the forest. According to Mir, they also owned a big house in the woods about two hours away, but they didn’t live in it because Heechul thought it was too spacious, which was why they moved to an apartment. When the car finally came to a stop and they all clambered out, Heechul held Mir back to help bring in the bags and then together they walked up the front steps and pushed the door open.

“TEUKIE UMMA WE’ERE HERE!!!!” Mir yelled at the top of his lungs.

Almost immediately came the sound of running feet and Mir was tackled backwards onto the ground as  a blonde headed figured glomped the living life out of him.

“Mireu my live, you’ve come back!” The boy exclaimed loudly. Heechul rolled his eyes at the two and kicked them to the side so he and Donghae could walk through the front door.

“Chulie, you’re here!”

Donghae watched silently as Heechul’s face lit up and he wrapped his arms around another adult which Donghae took to be Leeteuk. The kissed each other on the lips and stared into each other’s eyes lovingly, as if they hadn’t seen each other in years (when really it had only been a month or two). Glancing behind them, Donghae saw another boy with honey colored hair and almond eyes; he didn’t look Korean at all.

“Leeteuk, this is Donghae,” Heechul said, once he and Leeteuk had pulled apart. The older male immediately pulled Donghae in for a hug and pinched his cheeks like a fat old aunt would do.

“Aw, you’re adorable! I’m Leeteuk, but you can call me Teukie umma~ I’m so happy to finally meet you,” Leeteuk gushed on happily.

“U-Uhm, yeah, you too,” Donghae stuttered shyly. He was then yanked back by Mir who had a wide grin on his face.

“Donghae, this is my husband Eunhyuk, I told you about him. But don’t worry, he’s okay that we’re dating so you have nothing to worry about! He’s not the jealous type,” Mir informed him,

“We’re not dating though,” Donghae tried to say through Mir’s constant babbling as they were all ushered away to go play.

“I know, Mir ‘dates’ everyone. He was dating my best friend Sungmin just a few weeks ago. Mir, did you even tell Minnie about Donghae? He’s not going to be happy you left him, Min was undeniably in love with you,” Eunhyuk said in an accusing tone as he lead the way back to his bedroom.

“I wrote him a letter two weeks ago but he hasn’t answered me back,” Mir informed him as they sat around on the floor.

“Oh yeah, Donghae, this is Henry. He’s shy,” Eunhyuk said, pointing at the other boy who had followed them in. Donghae smiled at Henry who just waved back and scooted closer to Mir.

“Henry’s my brother! Umma had him mmmnprhhh-“

Mir was cut off as Henry clamped his hand over his mouth. Donghae looked at them in confusion but said nothing. He was getting used to the random stuff that Mir said, only to get in trouble for saying it.

“Anyways, you can sleep in my room tonight,” Eunhyuk continued on, sending a look over at Mir.

“Okay,” Donghae replied.

Mir leaned over and whispered something to Henry and then they both stood up and left the room, leaving Donghae and Eunhyuk to themselves. Donghae felt a little shy being with Eunhyuk since he didn’t know him.

“How long ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter