Ch.3

Fish in the Sea
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Each day he kept a look out for Kim Heechul, hoping that he would come back and talk to him. Perhaps they could become friends, and then Donghae wouldn’t feel so lonely anymore. For three days Donghae stayed in a really good mood, thinking about Heechul, wandering what sort of person he was and if he would want to be friends at all. He said he would see me around, so that means he would want to be my friend! It made perfect sense in his mind. But it was some miracle that a few words exchanged with a complete stranger could give him hope.

It was Tuesday and school was out; Donghae was hanging around the barber shop waiting for the owner to finish cutting some lady’s hair so he could sweep it up with the broom. In the meantime he was dancing to some music that was playing overhead. The lady laughed softly when Donghae tripped over the broom and landed on his rear on the floor.

“Alright, that’s enough nonsense Donghae. Go find a rag and the spray cleaner and wipe down the mirrors and windows,” Mr. Lee said, waving his hands to the back room. Donghae grinned sheepishly and nodded, quickly going to do as he was told. He took out the cleaning supplied and went to the front windows, he’d wait until the lady was gone to clean the mirrors or that would be rude.

After she paid and left, patting Donghae on the head, he quickly grabbed the broom and swept the floor once again and then cleaned the mirrors. But it was getting late and the sun was beginning to set and the shop was going to close soon. After he was done, Donghae went to the front counter and waited patiently as Mr. Lee handed him some money; it was pay week. He thanked the owner and stuffed the money in his pocket and left for home.

He was nearly to the apartment complex when he saw him.

Kim Heechul.

Entering the convenience store.

Donghae’s eyes got wide and his heart fluttered excitedly.

It’s him! It’s Heechul!

He sprinted towards the door and walked inside, looking around to see where the man went. He walked through the large store searching for Heechul, until he finally found him in the ramen section. He grinned and walked over to him, and tugged his sleeve. Heechul looked to see who was asking for his attention and then smiled softly.

“Hello, Donghae,” He said lightly.

“Hi, Heechul! You were right! We did see each other again! I’m so happy!” Donghae said excitedly.

“Why?” Heechul asked, picking up two packages of ramen and observing them.

“Because now we can be friends, right? Do you want to be?” Donghae replied.

“If it will make you happy, then sure. We can be friends. What ar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter